Brothers charged with unlawful behaviour at Leamington Gurdwara cleared

InderjitS

34 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

How do we know they lied?

They said they were protesting the use of funds, maybe they were...even if they were protesting the use of funds for a marriage. 

The criminal penalty was steep.  You really want them to go to prison for a long long time?

I hear people saying the sangat needs more sacrifice, maybe it does, but are those calling for it willing to do it themselves?

Maybe if they'd been charged with disturbing the peace they could just plead guilty , but they were up on serious charges totally misrepresented by police and media. 

Please explain your thoughts further.. I am unable to reconcile your position.. First of all the charges they were up against would probably at the worst led to a fine. 

Secondly how did the media and police misrepresent the protest. A bunch of masked armed men shut down a gurdwara 

The literature the protesters put out clearly stated that they were protesting against the marriage and made no mention of any misuse of funds. 

What sacrifice did they make? As far as I can tell they made none whatsoever since they denied protesting against the marriage 

Thirdly since the acquittal the literature published has been misleading by protesting group not stating at all that the two protesters denied being there against the wedding but rather spinning the story and presenting it as a vindication. 

I'm sorry but the evidence is overwhelming and clear they didn't have the backbone to stand up for what they believed in.. The penalty of which would have been a fine at the worst 

Their actions have cheapened and discredited their cause end of 

10 hours ago, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Please explain your thoughts further.. I am unable to reconcile your position.. First of all the charges they were up against would probably at the worst led to a fine. 

Secondly how did the media and police misrepresent the protest. A bunch of masked armed men shut down a gurdwara 

The literature the protesters put out clearly stated that they were protesting against the marriage and made no mention of any misuse of funds. 

What sacrifice did they make? As far as I can tell they made none whatsoever since they denied protesting against the marriage 

Thirdly since the acquittal the literature published has been misleading by protesting group not stating at all that the two protesters denied being there against the wedding but rather spinning the story and presenting it as a vindication. 

I'm sorry but the evidence is overwhelming and clear they didn't have the backbone to stand up for what they believed in.. The penalty of which would have been a fine at the worst 

Their actions have cheapened and discredited their cause end of 

In the united states that's a big deal. Like 20 years in prison. Maybe uk is different. 

The evidence isn't overwhelming, but your opinion is clearly entrenched. I'll leave you to it. 

I expect you'll make a great sacrafice for Sikhi. 

1 hour ago, GurjantGnostic said:

In the united states that's a big deal. Like 20 years in prison. Maybe uk is different. 

The evidence isn't overwhelming, but your opinion is clearly entrenched. I'll leave you to it. 

I expect you'll make a great sacrafice for Sikhi. 

As I said what sacrifice did they make other than shut a gurdwara down which doesn't seem like something to celebrate.. Behaviour of common thugs some may say.. 

If they did lie to avoid legal ramifications I agree it is shameful behaviour. If you claim to be Sikh and were part of the protest then have the strength of character and conviction to stand by your views and beliefs. Did Singh's in the past who took part in various protests and deliberately court arrest, them tell lies to escape ramifications?? 

The whole episode was wholly avoidable, the flagrant disregard for Sikh rehit Maryada in the interest of making money by the notorious committee of this Gurdwara was the sole cause of this embarrassment. It backfired massively, the committee thought by deliberately fabricating and sensationalising their statements to the police a heavy handed approach would cause the protest to fail and send our a message to the community to deter future protests and allow the committee to carry on undermining rehit for financial gain.

The youth are the only ones to take a stand on such issues, if the community tried to rely on organisations such as Sikh Council etc etc  who have proven themselves to be toothless we would see very little action...These organisations claim go represent Sikhs then hold secret meetings with the Indian government without causing consulting the community they claim to represent...shameless. 

On 15/02/2018 at 7:42 PM, Cisco_Singh said:

The whole episode was wholly avoidable, the flagrant disregard for Sikh rehit Maryada in the interest of making money by the notorious committee of this Gurdwara was the sole cause of this embarrassment. It backfired massively, the committee thought by deliberately fabricating and sensationalising their statements to the police a heavy handed approach would cause the protest to fail and send our a message to the community to deter future protests and allow the committee to carry on undermining rehit for financial gain.

I have to disagree with how you dovetail your comments with a unfounded and unsubstantiated attack on the committee.... The gurdwara and Sangat have every right to believe in their interpretation of sikhi.. It is by no means whatsoever that so called mixed faith marriages are against maryada. The SGPC is a political organisation, moreover their edict supposedly against mixed faith marriages is flawed on many levels.. 

You don't know that they do it for financial gain and to just throw that out there is slanderous... 

I will say it like it is, I to this day have not been convinced that so called mixed faith marriages are against maryada... But what I do know for certain is what you agreed with in your first paragraph, that even though I disagree with the protest I'm more disgusted that they engaged in a big protest. If anything the protest blew up in the face of the protesters.. Rocking up shutting down the gurdwara, masked faces with kirpans.. And then to deny the objectives to beat the charges seems a bit rich 

49 minutes ago, Mahakaal96 said:

Well done to these Singhs who did what they had to do & escaped any legal ramifications.

If all Singhs who are actually willing to make a stand for values & maryada ended up in prison we’d be left with plastic sikhs like you who would run Sikhi into the ground with your liberal self appointed beliefs & protocols.

Theres a time & place to give sacrifice.... this situation was not one of those.... try understanding raj neeti.... to accomplish your task & avoid any damage, injury or loss is the perfect outcome.... try reading Dasam Bani to understand how TRUE Singhs & warriors function.

plastic ? I thought their type was papier mache one drop of water and phoooooss