Is it necessary to take bath before Nitnem ?

Guest Guru ka Sikh

Guest Someguy
19 hours ago, monatosingh said:

The part where you said you feel ashamed about Sikhi.

You don't own Sikhi.

Sikhi is not YOUR creation.

Read what i said after. I was typing too fast, i thought i had written something else

• 2 years later...
Guest Nanak panthi

If we read Asa Ki Vaar as our nitnem, we understand that there are many that do these rituals of cleansing. Maharaj says,

“Sucha ihu na akheeae, behan je Pindda dhoe||”

”Sucha saei nanak Jin man vasiaa soe||” 

“Andar Jootha pej bahar duniya andar fell ||”

”Athsath theerath je naave utrae nahee mael ||”

“Jin patt andar bahar gudarr te bhale sansar ||”

”Tin nihu laga rab seti dekhene veechar ||”

These situations are part of life. We cannot run from them, but the major thing is the way we react. Do whatever is best fit for the situation but always try to follow rehit maryaada. 

“Bhulan andar sabh ko Abhul Guru Karta ||”

bhul chuk maaf karo te kima dido ji

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Je Kee Fateh

• 7 months later...

As far as , I know 

Guru Nanak Dev Ji never believe in the concept of  purity and impurity  , infact he said " when a woman gets pregnent , people call her she is not pure , how can they say that she is impure , she is the lady who give birth to  maharaja , Guru ( whom you worship) , and at that time some people do home 's purity by water , if you believe in the concept of purity then everything is pure and if you believe in the concept of impurity then water has bacteria too , neither I am saying yes nor I m saying no , how divine pure soul  can make impure people ?  He is pure , we are pure because he made us , stay spiritual , spritualilty gives you freedom. 

Guest karamjot

Performing Panj Ishnaan is adequate meaning wash face,both arms and both legs before Nitnem if circumstances are such that you can't have a bath.

To Guest Someguy,please be compassionate when giving advice as the way you posted was a direct attack full of hostility and hatred against the OP.If you have anger issues please get some counselling.The OP humbly asked a question to his fellow Sikhs and you lash out at him.What's the point of answering then?You should be ashamed of yourself for being ashamed of Sikhi.People like you make it so hard for Sikhs to practice Sikhi that they completely give it up altogether.Then you would say that person was never a good Sikh to begin with and you are the best.Please change your mindset.