How important is height

how is important is height in terms of finding a marriage partner. 

I have seen some ristas. One of them I was happy with. The only thing was the height factor. She was exactly 5 feet tall. Not only that she had a slight build and was very thin.

I am average height 5.10. I have always been encouraged to find a tall girl for marriage. But is that very important? My main concern  although she was very pretty is that being very short and petite it did not make her appear healthy. Also was worried if that may affect her fertility being on the thin and short side. 

I dont mind short girls. up to about 5 ft 2 and above. But is 5ft to small? 

Anyone got and advice when it comes to height. Or is height not that important and its the personality that counts. Incidentally she had a smiley and fun type personality. I found the taller girls more laid back and serious types. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
5 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

I have seen some ristas. One of them I was happy with. The only thing was the height factor. She was exactly 5 feet tall. Not only that she had a slight build and was very thin.

I am average height 5.10. I have always been encouraged to find a tall girl for marriage. But is that very important? My main concern  although she was very pretty is that being very short and petite it did not make her appear healthy. Also was worried if that may affect her fertility being on the thin and short side. 

Anyone got and advice when it comes to height. Or is height not that important and its the personality that counts. Incidentally she had a smiley and fun type personality. I found the taller girls more laid back and serious types. 

Do you seriously expect people on a forum to help you to decide on choosing a marriage partner for you? Reasons being why it’s unwise to ask on here, is firstly, nobody has seen your rishta match. No.2, you are the one that’s spent time talking to the girl, so you have an understanding of what she’s like. Nobody else will know her personality. No.3, you’ve more or less already answered your questions in your own post. 

If somebody says marry the tall one and it’s the wrong match, then what ? If somebody says marry the shorter one and it’s the wrong match, then what ? I can’t see how anybody can tell you which height to marry, but that’s for you to decide. It’s probably why nobody’s answered your post yet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

think on it practically , a short petite girl may have extreme problem carrying and delivering a massive baby if you are very tall . Look for someone of similar frame build and a bit shorter not too massive a difference .

• Confused 1
Guest Jagsaw_Singh

how is important is height

For basketball and painting high ceilings very important. For data entry...not so much.

She was exactly 5 feet tall. Not only that she had a slight build and was very thin.

You sure that wasn't the grand-daughter of the family who had just come home from infant school ?

I dont mind short girls.

Yeah I don't mind them either. Couldn't eat a whole one though.

up to about 5 ft 2

"up to" 5' 2" ?      You're setting your sights a bit low in't ya mate ?

I found the taller girls more laid back and serious types. 

???    Which one is it...laid back OR serious.

I saw the title of this thread and I thought I would have to talk about how one could be too tall to be a Singh in the Khalsa armies.

Anyway, you should see how the prospective partner will live a family life and what sanskar and values she can pass on to your children. How much she knows about sikhi, how dharmik she is etc.

Just don't let he slip into obesity, she could have health problems when she has children. She might be struggling to maintain weight at the moment due to work commitements. Is she working too faraway such as long and tiring commute into London. People who work these long hours with long commutes become messed up mentally and spiritually, and also get sucked into money making and no time for children (not that this matters much for utter coconuts anyway)

Guest Jagsaw_Singh

and also get sucked into money making and no time for children (not that this matters much for utter coconuts anyway)

That comment makes zero sense ipledgeblue. Generally, the stay at home mums fall into these 2 brackets, neither of which contribute anything to society: Chav council flat single mums and Pakistanis. Our Sikh society and diaspora, on the other hand, is built with a hard work ethic at it's core. A foundation of which is that the females work as hard if not even harder than the men. This part of psyche has been part of our DNA since ancient times as Alexander the Great noted in his letter to his mum as he sat in a field in Punjab. He'd seen it all but when he reached Punjab, he stated to his mother, he saw for the first time how in this land the women worked as hard as the men. So....going back to your point let me ask you this: When it is the white chav female's culture to stay at home and not work and the brown Sikh females 2000 year old culture to work, work and work.......How is it that you can call the one that works a 'coconut' ????????????

Guest Love Shorti

I’m 6ft tall. My wife says she is 5’2. (Really she is 5’1 max)

i love her to death. She loves me. And when she annoys me, I literally pick her up at put her over my shoulders. 

Heights not an issue. It’s more about personality bro. 

There's a distinction between working for the Man in modern times (and everything that entails), and labouring in tandem with family and loved ones on one's homestead, nurturing more than just a bank account. Beggars can't be choosers, but the distinction is real.

• Thanks 1
Guest Jagsaw_Singh
33 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

There's a distinction between working for the Man in modern times (and everything that entails), and labouring in tandem with family and loved ones on one's homestead, nurturing more than just a bank account. Beggars can't be choosers, but the distinction is real.

I mentioned in a previous message in a previous thread MisterSingh how we, the Sikh diaspora, are a lovely house. A house, whether lovely or not will only stand if the foundation was strong. Everything we enjoy today is because of the hard work ethic of our mothers and fathers....double shifts 7 days a week. It is that strong foundation that allows us today to stand rather than fall and the luxury of sitting idle and dreaming up utopian philosophies of women in the kitchen making dinner. This....is digging up our own foundation. Tear up the foundation and the house, whether lovely or not, will fall.

12 hours ago, Guest Jagsaw_Singh said:

That comment makes zero sense ipledgeblue. Generally, the stay at home mums fall into these 2 brackets, neither of which contribute anything to society: Chav council flat single mums and Pakistanis. Our Sikh society and diaspora, on the other hand, is built with a hard work ethic at it's core. A foundation of which is that the females work as hard if not even harder than the men. This part of psyche has been part of our DNA since ancient times as Alexander the Great noted in his letter to his mum as he sat in a field in Punjab. He'd seen it all but when he reached Punjab, he stated to his mother, he saw for the first time how in this land the women worked as hard as the men. So....going back to your point let me ask you this: When it is the white chav female's culture to stay at home and not work and the brown Sikh females 2000 year old culture to work, work and work.......How is it that you can call the one that works a 'coconut' ????????????

I didn't talk about staying at home. I am talking about those women who are out on long shifts/commutes while their offspring are getting drunk,groomed, doing shisha/hookah/smoking or some other wrong society.

Are they teaching them sikhi and dharmik values, naam bhagti? Or are they just tired out and also just teaching kids to just go towards money and forget about sikhi, dharam and kesh identity?

There's a big difference between kirat kamai and lobh/greed!!!

• Like 1