So Jagmeet gets married ....

jkvlondon

45 minutes ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

typical B.S on this thread which symbolises everything with our kaum today... which is 'amritdharis' becoming masters of nindiyah. Yeah i agree jagmeets wedding etc isnt a conventional gursikh wedding, nor his is mrs. I agree that Guru Sahib shouldnt be taken to beaches, BUT wake up people. The guy has become an icon, made amritdharis and singhs in particular look good on a global level, he has a raised the voice of 1984 and generally has made our kaum proud. in the real world, instead of cussing him for marryin a non amrtidhari, maybe we should rate him for getting with a girl whose actually good looking and seems quite popular? Lets be real, most 'amritdharis' would love a mrs like that but oh wait the rehit police will be after them lol. Why dont we rate the girl, accepting a gursikh as a partner? Once again lets be real, how many non amrtidhari girls prefer gursikh guys? Sad yes, but its the era of kaljug. People cussing his dress sense? but yet probs the same guys u see at every smagm in the same clothes over again. until the nindiyah stops - which if you read bani is a major thing that bani teaches us against, we aint gona get nowhere as a kaum. food for thought... has anyone actually spoke to jagmeet as a brother, spoke about any issues and actually tried to explain anything back with facts from bani? or let me guess, its just cyber nindiyah lol.

bro , fact is if you know you're an 'icon' to immpressionable youth especially the gursikh ones you shouldn't be undermining rehit or pointing out that forget the amritdhari girls just marry whoever .. I have no problem with them marrying, frankly it is about time, five years of dating is more than enough and they will get phal accordingly but it does create another problem which many gursikh girls are complaining about . Being ignored because they are not slapped up with makeup , tweezed and plucked to suit some Westernised BS agenda  like the dolly birds who wouldn't know sikhi if it landed in their lap.
There have been some rather nasty comments made by some guys which illustrate this mental attitude that somehow if a girl is willing to follow same rehit as their brothers somehow she is wrong especially if she doesn't do roma di beadbhi . I think people need to look hard at themselves , it's easy for a guy to be hypercritical of females you've had centuries of practice but honestly it underlines your own weaknesses .

3 minutes ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

I get what you saying bro but Gursikhs should in theory be pakkeh in their own thing than to be swayed by one individual. I get gursikh women feel they be shunned, but even if he married one gursikh girl, he wouldnt have married the remainder. the guys had a love marriage with someone who he actually loves, and like i said before, gotta rate the girl for not rejecting him due to his sikhi saroop. bigger issue here is that all the haters are appearing to be jelous and on the nindiyah bandwagon.

Of course he couldn't marry all girls but it still plants a seed ...Other young guys who are yet to get pakkeh are the ones I'm talking about 1. he had a GF for Five years  bad idea for gursikh temptation aside it is not acceptable  generally  2. He picked someone who doesn't accept basic rehit of kesh

err please don't get it the wrong way around, she's damn lucky she got a decent guy with sikhi saroop and some sense of sikhi... we should not be so quick to denigrate sikhi saroop or our own sikhi in front of worldy people

2 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

People have to understand, there are already very few keshdhari Sikhs, and a disproportionately large percentage of young keshdhari Sikhs are never marrying and never having children.  It's an overall positive thing to see keshdhari Sikhs getting married (even to partners who are not in full Sikhi) and produce children who might carry on our faith.  This is a matter of survival.

It is very unfortunate.

Most desi women from past generation were more-or-less keshdhari. There are way more keshdhari sikh women than men from last generation.

Young keshdhari Sikh men probably outnumber young keshdhari Sikh women by 3 to 1 or 4 to 1.

Regarding this: 1) Is this from your personal observation, or anything beyond that? 2) If this is indeed the case, then what do you surmise could possibly be the reason for this? Usually females are more religious than men. They take their children to church, mandir, gurdwara, etc. more than men do. What can explain this difference?

A Singh with a girl who has shed her kesh is not ideal, but I'd rather see that than see a Singh discard his kesh and marry a girl who has also discarded her kesh.

When you put it strictly in these terms, I agree.

But if a girl without her kesh marries a Singh, at least there is some chance that their children will be raised keshdhari

I'd agree that there's some chance, but then there's the idea that at a certain age, the kids will say, "If Mom doesn't keep her kes, why do we have to?" And what will the answer to that be?

Or, perhaps, it'll be that the son will keep kes, and the girl will not?

But if that were to become common, it would probably also lead to the end of kes for males, as well. Because at a certain point, males will say, "If females don't have to keep kes, why do we?"

Difficult situation all around. Caused by our loss of our Raj.

1 hour ago, BhForce said:

Regarding this: 1) Is this from your personal observation, or anything beyond that? 2) If this is indeed the case, then what do you surmise could possibly be the reason for this? Usually females are more religious than men. They take their children to church, mandir, gurdwara, etc. more than men do. What can explain this difference?

When you put it strictly in these terms, I agree.

I'd agree that there's some chance, but then there's the idea that at a certain age, the kids will say, "If Mom doesn't keep her kes, why do we have to?" And what will the answer to that be?

Or, perhaps, it'll be that the son will keep kes, and the girl will not?

But if that were to become common, it would probably also lead to the end of kes for males, as well. Because at a certain point, males will say, "If females don't have to keep kes, why do we?"

Difficult situation all around. Caused by our loss of our Raj.

given that the mother is the primary teacher of a child , sikhi in her kids  make or break rests on her shoulders . Thus my contention that the women should always be fully in line with sikhi even if they are still working towards amrit , I've seen too many moni women destroying the sikhi of their children especially the girls' because the dad's family will argue somewhat for the grandsons not the granddaughters

• The topic was locked