jatt girl with pardra boy

Guest Sukhi1

Guest Genda

Dear Sukhi1,

Please tell us what caste does Jatt and Padra fall into ie Brahmin, Khatri, Vaisya or Shudra and what actions did Jatts do to denigrate the low castes like Padras. Thanks.

Guest Genda
1 hour ago, Singh1989 said:

Guest Sukhi,

The important thing is pursuing your happiness. Sikhi is AGAINST cast. In fact cast does not exist as far as a TRUE Sikh is concerned. Literally, the only difference is in the appearances. THAT'S IT! FULL STOP!

It is a shame we still follow caste, one of our greatest problems. One purpose of Guru Nanak Ji was to eradicate caste in Sikhi. Look at wha we're doing?

Know the original panj pyaare? All 5 different castes! From low to high. Know Bhagat Dhanna ji? Low caste. SAME BHAGAT WHO'S GURBANI IS PRESENT IN GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI MAHARAAJ! SAME MAHARAAJ WE BOW DOWN TO!!!

Along with your love life concentrate on yer studies too. Also, you logged in on here means you have an interest in Sikhi? EXCELLENT. It's good to learn even a little. You do not have to be Amritdhaari but, do some form of prayer every single day.

Search up gurbani online and look at texts pertaining to Caste n wha our Gurus have said (WARNING! Read whole sentence n understand. Don't fall into the "read what suits you" n manipulate it you own way).

Also focus on your studies. What is important? You need to follow whas important, what matters to YOU!

Explain to your parents why caste doesn't exist in Sikh.

Wasnt Bhagat Dhanna a Jatt?

• 2 weeks later...

this jatt girl with pardra post, is it posted every year. what the heck is a pardra?

A sikh is not "supposed to be with" boys or girls. They are supposed to be in grihast with life partner, ie after marriage. If you're doing this stupid trashy girlfriend boyfriend casual partnership then it doesn't matter which caste or race religion panth, then it's just gand behaviour, manmatt.

As a sikh, only look for a life partner. Casual partner and then this exe stuff is just malesh behaviour.

On 6/22/2018 at 4:04 PM, Guest Genda said:

Wasnt Bhagat Dhanna a Jatt?

Yes, Guru Arjan Dev ji calls Bhagat Dhanna a Jatt.

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh

I'm an 18 year old girl, i'm a sikh who is not an amritari and i'm with a pardra ( type of low caste dunno how to spell it sorry) sikh boy. I want to know your guys opinions on whether being with someone outside your caste is wrong as i think it is perfectly fine as we are both sikhs however my family would disagree very much as were are a Jatt family

You see the danger of becoming too fixated with something that doesn't even exist in reality - i.e. 'caste' - is that you lose sight of other obvious things that do actually exist. So, if your question is "can a marriage between a jatt girl and a bhatra boy work?" the answer is Yes for some people and No for some others. Anything and everything can 'work' if you want it to. It all depends on the individual - your cultural background, how much you are 'in' with your cultural background etc. In that sense the issues brought up by this type of marriage are no different to those brought up in a proposed marriage between a Swede and a Croatian. They're both human, they're both Christian, they're both white....but it would be foolish to pretend that no cultural differences exist. In terms of your own culture you need to make yourself aware that whilst the cultural differences between you and a Tharkan or Khatri for example are very small and mostly not even noticeable the cultural differences between you and the Bhatras are absolutely huge. In reality, as a Punjabi, in terms of everyday Punjabi culture, you have far more in common with Hindu Punjabis and Muslim Punjabis that you would with Bhatras. These differences are not insurmountable and love does and can conquer all so don't let anybody tell you that it can never work. It could work. But I think you need to stop thinking about 500 year old concepts of 'caste' and start thinking about real-life cultural differences.