Want to learn raag kirtan...

Guest Kaur 2

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

Where can I learn raag kirtan from? I want to learn how to play the dilruba which Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj blessed us with. I searched online and found Raj Academy but their classes are all the way in London. Are there any good classes in Birmingham? (PS: I live in the UK)

VJKK VJKF 

WJKK WJKF

There are many sangat in Birmingham who are practicing Dilruba or have already mastered it. (Some Singhs in Guru Har Rai Gurdwara - West Bromich and some at Gurdwara Pita Kalu Sahib - Handsworth Wood).

Just find some Sangat if you cannot travel in your local Gurdwara, they might know. You could find some luck in maybe attending a Kirtan class because they have many instrumental players there.

WJKK WKF

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

30 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

WJKK WJKF

There are many sangat in Birmingham who are practicing Dilruba or have already mastered it. (Some Singhs in Guru Har Rai Gurdwara - West Bromich and some at Gurdwara Pita Kalu Sahib - Handsworth Wood).

Just find some Sangat if you cannot travel in your local Gurdwara, they might know. You could find some luck in maybe attending a Kirtan class because they have many instrumental players there.

WJKK WKF

Thanks veerji, I don't live in the Handsworth area I live close but it takes me like half an hour to get to Handsworth but I will definitely try asking in my local gurdwara (Sparkhill) please do keep us updated on any raag kirtan classes nearby. Thanks!

PS: Its so cold outside.. :(

VJKK VJKF

6 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

Where can I learn raag kirtan from? I want to learn how to play the dilruba which Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj blessed us with. I searched online and found Raj Academy but their classes are all the way in London. Are there any good classes in Birmingham? (PS: I live in the UK)

VJKK VJKF 

Your best bet is to learn from Namdharis. They excel in this field.

I am 99% sure you can find a Naamdhari Ustaad in Birmingham, if not then somewhere in the West Midlands.

You'd be surprised how many mainstream Sikhs learn from them.

Dhan Baba Ram Singh Ji Naamdhari!

• 5 years later...
Guest Gagan Deep Singh

WJKK VJKF

Are there any schools that teach puraatan style kirtan in the US? Any help is appreciated. Thank you