Why do people doubt jhatka and Sukha when there are vast amounts of evidence stating Sikhs practiced both?

Nihang96k

19 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

I don't even think the nihang wannabes practise jhatka and shikaar, I think I only see a few that actually do shikaar.

But what about the wannabes who want to dress in bana but follow their jathebandi practises? Are they not worse than the so-called wannabe nihangs? 

bro i aint having a dig at nihangs, it breaks me to know that the pehredhaar of the kaum have now been reduced to a joke or going on large hyping over meat but not ready for any form of action. regards to others wearing bana but constantly slandering other jathebandis are just has bad, all these divisions in the panth i doubt are even out of sharda for Sikhi, its all self hype and trying to be bigger and better than each other. Until we truly bow our heads in shame in front of Guru Ji then we gona continue to suffer how we are

4 hours ago, 13Mirch said:

My grandfather was general secretary of the Doaba Kisan Union when Giani Zail Singh inaugurated the Guru Gobind Singh Ji Marg. During those days Zail Singh was playing fiddle to both  Santa Singh of Budha-Dal and the neo-Nirankaris. Only a few days prior, Nirankari gangs had set upon an amritdhari Singh and burned him with acid. The Union took up his case and approached Zail Singh who outright refused to interfere in the matter asserting that Gurbachan Nirankari was a Sant and Sants could not be publicly arraigned and/or criticized. The Union next approached Santa Singh who was, then, based at Bathinda and preparing for his journey to Anandpur Sahib. It informed him that not only were Nirankaris publicly desecrating Gurbani but also attacking Sikhs. Santa Singh, laughed them off, saying that Zail Singh was a hans (pure as swan) and if he believed Gurbachna to be divine then even he-Santa Singh- was ready to conform to the latter. The other Nihang Dals, however, contributed money towards the victim's kin all the while grumbling against Santa Singh's ludicrous rhetoric.  

SNAKES.

Santa Singh was excommunicated from the Panth in 1986. 

Baba Santa Singh chose Congress over the panth and had the sewa of Sri Akaal Takht Sahib funded by the same government that had once destroyed it. The true singhs of Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj did not like this cowardly manoeuvre and on 26th January 1986 Sarbat Khalsa, the Jathedar Baba Thakur Singh Ji himself gave the leadership of the Budha Dal to Bhai Amrik Singh Jaura and tied him the dastar. It was also on this day that the sewa of Sri Akaal Takht Sahib was recommenced, but this time entirely by the Saadh Sangat.

Santa Singh should have never been Jathedaar again of the Budha Dal even after he came back into the Panth. Todays Dals are in total shambles. 

Note. Bhai Amrik Singh Jaura was a Great Freedom Fighter who worked with Bhai Avtar Singh Brahma.

1 hour ago, s50 said:

Baba Santa Singh chose Congress over the panth and had the sewa of Sri Akaal Takht Sahib funded by the same government that had once destroyed it. The true singhs of Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj did not like this cowardly manoeuvre and on 26th January 1986 Sarbat Khalsa, the Jathedar Baba Thakur Singh Ji himself gave the leadership of the Budha Dal to Bhai Amrik Singh Jaura and tied him the dastar. It was also on this day that the sewa of Sri Akaal Takht Sahib was recommenced, but this time entirely by the Saadh Sangat.

http://www.sikhawareness.com/topic/18648-death-of-the-nihangs/?page=6

Amritsar, October 7
The ongoing kar seva is unlikely to restore the two-and-a-half-century old ivory mosaic work, ‘gach’, a sort of stone or gypsum priceless murals, naqqashi and paintings, depicting mythological scenes which was destroyed in January 1986 when radical Sikhs pulled down the magnificent structure of Akal Takht following the ‘sarbat khalsa’.

The priceless naqqashi which fell prey to militant diktat 16 years ago was a specimen of excellence attained by Sikh craftsmen. While the craftsmen had dedicated their lives to complete the exquisite art work in the interiors of Akal Takht, the same is none being done in a hurried manner.

Mr Surinder Singh and Mr Satpal Danish — both sons of the late G.S. Sohan Singh, famous fresco artist who had worked for 32 years in Golden Temple — alleged that the art work at Akal Takht was not being done as per the traditional design and technique. They claimed that the present paint and art work being done through kar seva would not last long.

Mr Danish claimed that he was the first person who had objected to the demolition of Akal Takht in 1986, but nobody heeded his advice then. “However, I kept frame-by-frame frescoes and gach work which included paintings of Hindu gods with me,” he said, adding that more than 20 per cent of the craft work of Akal Takht and 60 per cent work of the Golden Temple was done by his grandfather, Bhai Gian Singh, who had devoted his life to this work.

Fresco paintings were introduced by Bhai Kehar Singh under the patronage of Maharaja Ranjit Singh. Today, few artists pursue this ‘Sikh school of art’.

However, Baba Amrik Singh who has been supervising the kar seva being done by Dera Baba Jagtar Singh at the behest of the SGPC said the life of the new technique of naqqashi was more than the traditional one. He claimed that while the old structure of Akal Takht had been demolished and the frescoes and rich art work had disappeared after 1986, it was not practicable to use the ‘traditional technique’ to adorn the interior walls with old frescoes which had disappeared forever. He said the design of Akal Takht had also been changed when the building was reconstructed after 1986.

The historical well, which was got sunk by Guru Hargobind had been included in the spacious building during the earlier kar seva carried out by Damdami Taksal.

Replying to a question about the enamel paint, Baba Amrik Singh said only water colours were being used which did not fade for five years.

Baba Amrik Singh claimed that the fresco work was being done by Mr Harbhajan Singh who had more than 40 years of experience in this field. He said he had done 50 per cent work of retouching the frescoes of the Golden Temple.

The state convener of INTACH, Dr Sukhdev Singh, asked the babas who are carrying out ‘kar seva’ to use old materials and styles, in consonance with what is in the sanctum sanctorum of the Golden Temple.

Experts and knowledgeable persons must be consulted on the issue. He said old blocks of the designs preserved in the archives of the SGPC or in private possession could be of great use. The use of synthetic and bright colours did not reflect the ideology of Sikhism or belong to the Sikh school of art, he said.

ind1.jpg.ddb1d595d7863f96e09ca928f43e61f

02.jpg.da40d4c9626a00a9de8e7af06aa329dd.

IMG_20171226_130906_544.jpg.dc44713cf274

52 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

ind1.jpg.ddb1d595d7863f96e09ca928f43e61f

First, the unnecessary destruction of old aspects of the Akal Bunga is highly regrettable and a big loss for the Sikh panth.

Secondly, if the father of Sobha Singh was responsible for 20-60% of the artwork in Akal Takhat and Darbar Sahib, that means that 20-60% of the work is quite recent, and is certainly not of the period of the 10 Gurus, and possibly not even of the Sikh Raj, right?

Finally, in regards to Baba Santa Singh, would the following suppositions (widely assumed by many Sikhs) be correct or incorrect:

1) Since the Nihangs were not allowed leadership of the Akal Takhat, and the Akali Dal party was in charge of the SGPC, the Nihangs favored Congress, which they thought would give them control over the SGPC/Akal Takhat.

2) When the attack on Darbar Sahib Complex happened, it was seen by Baba Santa Singh as a sign from God, and he was happy about it, since it was the fulfillment of a prophesied event when the control of the Akal Takhat would be returned to the Nihangs.

8 hours ago, BhForce said:

When the attack on Darbar Sahib Complex happened, it was seen by Baba Santa Singh as a sign from God, and he was happy about it

No matter what we thing about Santa Singh and who he allied with, I very much doubt he was chuffed with the attack, no Singh in his right mind would condone it.

Whether this is true or not, I did hear he was unhappy with Sant Jarnail Singh for not seeking council of Budda Dal before making plans to defend Darbar Sahib.

52 minutes ago, InderjitS said:
9 hours ago, BhForce said:

When the attack on Darbar Sahib Complex happened, it was seen by Baba Santa Singh as a sign from God, and he was happy about it

No matter what we thing about Santa Singh and who he allied with, I very much doubt he was chuffed with the attack, no Singh in his right mind would condone it.

Not really saying one way or the other, just trying to get confirmation of it.

53 minutes ago, InderjitS said:

Whether this is true or not, I did hear he was unhappy with Sant Jarnail Singh for not seeking council of Budda Dal before making plans to defend Darbar Sahib.

Hmm.

2 hours ago, InderjitS said:

Why would he have consulted with a group that was largely already useless and allied with his and the kaums enemies. The Nihangs that did want to be useful joined on their individual discretion. Wasn't Santa bragging he should have been sent in instead of the army? 

• The topic was locked