Prostate cancer

Ranjeet01

On 3/6/2018 at 11:24 AM, Ranjeet01 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/5733533/bill-turnbull-prostate-cancer-bbc-breakfast-host/

Even though this is an article from the Sun and there was something on the news the other week about how Prostate cancer is a bigger killer for men than breast cancer for women, I think this is something we should be aware of.

Amen bro. Got Frank Zappa. Nobody went for screening back then so there was no early detection. I'm not a big fan of so called medicine as practiced, but that is one of those screenings that is important. 

5 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Amen bro. Got Frank Zappa. Nobody went for screening back then so there was no early detection. I'm not a big fan of so called medicine as practiced, but that is one of those screenings that is important. 

The PSA blood test alone doesn't seem to decrease mortality it seems

http://www.bris.ac.uk/policybristol/news/2018/bristol-scientists-behind-the-largest-trial-ever-to-investigate-prostate-cancer-.html

2018: Bristol scientists behind the largest trial ever to investigate prostate  cancer | PolicyBristol | University of Bristol

11 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

and of course those 20 guys will be lumbered with unnecessary surgery and treatments and debt starting at 125,000 dollars  125k times 20  = easy 5 million for no real reason  and the others questionable benefit  because it didn't lower the mortality at all

2.5 million