Authenticity of Sikhi to the max

Guest User

18 hours ago, Kira said:

I dont know man, I mean its easy to tamper with Hukamnamas from the web (algorithms for certain ones to only appear), just to be on the safe side, I'd go and get one from Guru Ji at a Gurudwara. Get a Granthi or take it yourself I mean. If you want to use this medium then feel free but imho its better to go and get one in person.

I heard that often hukamnamas can be manipulated by experienced granthis , I have seen it too one gurdwara had a strange coincidence that when a particular family got married only one shabad would come up no matter who got married and at what distance of time .

Anyway nothing happens without Waheguru ji's hukam...so just listen with open mind and heart

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

I heard that often hukamnamas can be manipulated by experienced granthis , I have seen it too one gurdwara had a strange coincidence that when a particular family got married only one shabad would come up no matter who got married and at what distance of time .

Yeah, I've heard of that sort of thing, too. Stupid and greedy granthis that pre-place a bookmark on a "good" hukumnamma.

Regarding cyber-"hukumnamma", I don't think it's a big deal, as long as you understand the context. If you're just looking to read a random shabad, I don't see a problem. It would be like looking for random shabads to sing from Amrit Keertan pothi. Don't call it a "hukumnamma", just call it a "random shabad".

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

Anyway nothing happens without Waheguru ji's hukam...so just listen with open mind and heart

Either they flip maharaj’s angs until they see a short shabad or they just place the rumala on a certain ang beforehand. Mostly they just want short ones like “gur puraae kirpa dhari” or like “jis ka tan man dhan” 

Am I really that much of a meme?

14 hours ago, Kira said:

It would be so easy to manipulate a cyber hukamnama, like an entry level computer science student could do it. Cyber Hukamnamas, what next bro? Amrit dispensaries? robots doing langar seva? automatic chaur sahibs?

Whatever.

I know it's easy to manipulate one.

It's not even that hard to code on yourself if it is really that easy.

10 hours ago, TaksalDaSingh9771 said:

Either they flip maharaj’s angs until they see a short shabad or they just place the rumala on a certain ang beforehand. Mostly they just want short ones like “gur puraae kirpa dhari” or like “jis ka tan man dhan” 

The particular shabad in question was
ਸੰਤਾ ਕੇ ਕਾਰਜਿ ਆਪਿ ਖਲੋਇਆ ਹਰਿ ਕੰਮੁ ਕਰਾਵਣਿ ਆਇਆ ਰਾਮ ॥ Santhaa Kae Kaaraj Aap Khaloeiaa Har Kanm Karaavan Aaeiaa Raam || संता के कारजि आपि खलोइआ हरि कमु करावणि आइआ राम ॥ The Lord Himself has stood up to resolve the affairs of the Saints; He has come to complete their tasks. 33445 ਸੂਹੀ (ਮ: ੫) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੭੮੩ ਪੰ. ੧੬ Raag Suhi Guru Arjan Dev SEARCHGURBANI (DOT) COM ANG # 783 SHRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI (SGGS JI)

given that the family was related to the founder of the gurdwara and they were amritdhari it was kind of embarassing to realise what was going on .

17 hours ago, Guest room said:

There is one place in springfield road, hayes where this occurs and only certain hukamnamas are read. Anyone else notice this?

I was told that Nanaksar Temple have a Maryada where Granthi ji can take new Hukamnama if the first or second is of scolding or rebuke.

Strong will accept any Hukam

ਜੇ ਗੁਰੁ ਝਿੜਕੇ ਤ ਮੀਠਾ ਲਾਗੈ ਜੇ ਬਖਸੇ ਤ ਗੁਰ ਵਡਿਆਈ ॥੨੫॥

Even if the Guru rebukes me, He still seems very sweet to me. And if He actually forgives me, that is the Guru's greatness. ||25||

But there's a provision for weak too ie Bhagat Jan can change Bhagwaan Ji's command

ਮੇਰੀ ਬਾਂਧੀ ਭਗਤੁ ਛਡਾਵੈ ਬਾਂਧੈ ਭਗਤੁ ਨ ਛੂਟੈ ਮੋਹਿ ॥

The devotee can release anyone from my bondage, but I cannot release anyone from his.

ਏਕ ਸਮੈ ਮੋ ਕਉ ਗਹਿ ਬਾਂਧੈ ਤਉ ਫੁਨਿ ਮੋ ਪੈ ਜਬਾਬੁ ਨ ਹੋਇ ॥੧॥

If, at any time, he grabs and binds me, even then, I cannot protest. ||1||

Guest GurbaniNow Sevadaar
On 3/15/2018 at 1:30 PM, Kira said:

It would be so easy to manipulate a cyber hukamnama, like an entry level computer science student could do it. Cyber Hukamnamas, what next bro? Amrit dispensaries? robots doing langar seva? automatic chaur sahibs?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheuguru Ji Ki Fateh

Daas is the maintainer of the website https://gurbaninow.com/

On the Random Shabad Page, the website just picks a random number that corresponds to a Shabad.

But I agree with you though, this is the reason why I named it Random Shabad rather than "Cyber Hukamnama" or something of the sort.

I found this info on STTM 

Khalis Foundation
Along with #STTM, we built Khajana, the technology that powers it and the next generation of Gurbani Apps. More info:(link: http://khajana.org) khajana.org

The BaniDB Alliance is a group of app developers and organizations that work together to create a single, accurate, digital source for all gurbani, transliterations and translations. Our goal is to serve all apps with an open API that is updated and corrected and provides a variety of options.

6 hours ago, Guest GurbaniNow Sevadaar said:

Daas is the maintainer of the website https://gurbaninow.com/

On the Random Shabad Page, the website just picks a random number that corresponds to a Shabad.

But I agree with you though, this is the reason why I named it Random Shabad rather than "Cyber Hukamnama" or something of the sort.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Congatulations, great work !

Can you add other translations like the ones on Srigranth.org for comparative study.

Thanks n keep up the good work.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh