A proper meal

Singh1989

49 minutes ago, Singh1989 said:

Do you know how many vitamins there are? If you thought four... there are actually 26 in total. A person's body and health can improve hugely if we eat the right type of food. Brazil nuts, eat three and that'll be over 60% semolina in you. Eat 10 grams of pumpkin seeds that is the same amount! Raw carrots have vitamins A. I can go on BUT...

It's important to consume one portion of steamed vegetable a day. A good portion in fact. Broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts, parsnips - NO saabji isn't right. It's good, should be consumed but defo not right as it's a hardcore effort to kill all the vitamins they provide. Leave daal (chickpea) in cold water for 24 hours? THAT has more vitamins. This is important for the Gut flora and one can go in society by simply having washed with soap and water, as the diet gives off the fragrance to body.

And for breakfast it important to have breakfast that contains many many vitamins and minerals. Porridge is perfect example. In UK it'll be Ready Brek (or Ready Go from Asda brand). LOOK OUT FOR THE NUTRIENT INFORMATION! It'll mention several vitamins and minerals. THAT is the right porridge you want. ADD to it, 2 tea spoon of Flax seeds. YOU WILL RECIEVE LOADS AND LOADS OF VITAMINS AND MINERALS ALREADY. 

OH and by doing so? every morning you will feel fully awake before dawn, so greatly helps in Amritvela and meditation. Food is important in a meditators life. SORRY to say! But Crisp, chocolate, soft drinks do not give any real vitamins and minerals to the body :( 

That is great information. Shukria. 

However I had heard steaming vegetables removes nutrients? Not as bad as boiling etc. I guess it depends on what you mean by steamed. Cooking in a pan briefly with a bit of water, then consuming it all is different than using a steamer where nutrients are left behind in the water. 

Again. Shukria. 

2 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

However I had heard steaming vegetables removes nutrients? Not as bad as boiling etc. I guess it depends on what you mean by steamed.

I thought it was the other way round, that boiling loses more nutrients than steaming? That’s what it says on some health websites. 

Can I add this information too please: 

https://patient.info/health/healthy-eating/features/eating-more-fruit-and-vegetables

8 minutes ago, simran345 said:

I thought it was the other way round, that boiling loses more nutrients than steaming? That’s what it says on some health websites. 

https://patient.info/health/healthy-eating/features/eating-more-fruit-and-vegetables

Yes. I meant originally that boiling you lose the most, but depending on how you steam, you lose less than boiling, but some. If you use a water steamer set up where the water stays behind, underneath. Vs steam as in cook in pan with tiny bit of water and consume it all where you lose the least. 

I just wasn't sure what @Singh1989 meant by steamed vegetables in his really good post. 

We agree I'm pretty sure. I just didn't say it very well. 

8 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Yes. I meant originally that boiling you lose the most, but depending on how you steam, you lose less than boiling, but some. If you use a water steamer set up where the water stays behind, underneath. Vs steam as in cook in pan with tiny bit of water and consume it all where you lose the least. 

I just wasn't sure what @Singh1989 meant by steamed vegetables in his really good post. 

We agree I'm pretty sure. I just didn't say it very well. 

Yep, there’s different ways of steaming and I guess that makes a difference to the nutrients also. I’ve been meaning to buy a steamer for ages but never got round to it. I’m wondering if it would be worthwhile or if it doesn’t make that much of a difference to boiling them? 

2 minutes ago, simran345 said:

@MrDoaba apni bheneh di maadi jehi help hulp karde. Steamer buy kara? Je tere vangar main v fry pen ch thorke layi java? Do you have a steamer, any good? 

Hmm we've had a steamer for years, never used it. Ki ehvi kasmaan pauna steamer da. Unless you're gonna steam a lot then just use patila and chaanani.

Fry pan vaala kam chakki jaa, banda ehhhhnuuuu set renda.

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 12:22 AM, simran345 said:

Oh yes! Thanks Simran. More knowledge the better. Fruits does miraculous things to the body :)

• 8 months later...