Family..

Guest Kaur 2

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

I think I mentioned in a previous topic that my mum is having a baby. The reason why I chose to make this topic is because I want to give this child the support I never had. I want to inspire this child to be a proper Gursikh. The support that I never had from my parents like the frequent comments of: "You're going too deep into Sikhi", "Guru Ji never told girls to wear a dastar" I want this child to become a proper Sikh and not have to struggle to find Vaheguru amidst Kalyug. The rest of my brothers and sisters are slowly coming into Sikhi but I want this child to know that he/she has my full support and that they can come to me if they need any help. I asked my mum the other day: "Can the baby hear what we are hearing" (because she was listening to songs in the car) and she said yes. I said to her: "Listen to gurbani so that the baby is not hearing all this ganth (rubbish)". She said: "I want the baby to be a mix, religious and listens to songs". I was confused because you can't be a "mix". I didn't ask her any more questions but I started thinking of what I could do to help this child.

That's why I made this topic. What can I do to get this child into Sikhi at an early age? In the car my mum listens to stuff like Shiv Strotam and stuff I've never heard before because they aren't Sikhi but they are actually a Hindu prayer. I am not quite sure what to do or even if this is even right or wrong. I am asking for the Sangat's opinion on this and some guidance.

VJKK VJKF

Wjkk wjkf

Aww that's such a nice thing to do. I always imagine if my mum has another child how I could bring them up as gursikhs, I guess I have to wait till i get a niece.

What you could do is wait for them to get to an age where they can understand and interact a bit more easily. Tie a dastar or patka on them, teach them mool mantar and waheguru jaap.

Perhaps even show them the Khalsa nursery rhymes basics of sikhi posted and buy them colouring books related to sikhi.

Remember, you will have to plant the seed but the baby has to maintain it when he/she is older of course.

Good luck, penji, and an early congratulations to you and your family!

Wjkk wjkf

7 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

I think I mentioned in a previous topic that my mum is having a baby. The reason why I chose to make this topic is because I want to give this child the support I never had. I want to inspire this child to be a proper Gursikh. The support that I never had from my parents like the frequent comments of: "You're going too deep into Sikhi", "Guru Ji never told girls to wear a dastar" I want this child to become a proper Sikh and not have to struggle to find Vaheguru amidst Kalyug. The rest of my brothers and sisters are slowly coming into Sikhi but I want this child to know that he/she has my full support and that they can come to me if they need any help. I asked my mum the other day: "Can the baby hear what we are hearing" (because she was listening to songs in the car) and she said yes. I said to her: "Listen to gurbani so that the baby is not hearing all this ganth (rubbish)". She said: "I want the baby to be a mix, religious and listens to songs". I was confused because you can't be a "mix". I didn't ask her any more questions but I started thinking of what I could do to help this child.

That's why I made this topic. What can I do to get this child into Sikhi at an early age? In the car my mum listens to stuff like Shiv Strotam and stuff I've never heard before because they aren't Sikhi but they are actually a Hindu prayer. I am not quite sure what to do or even if this is even right or wrong. I am asking for the Sangat's opinion on this and some guidance.

VJKK VJKF

You want the baby to find vaheguru..... admirable intentions but as yourself this....... have YOU found vaheguru? 

kahe re man chitvae udam ja ahaar har jeo paria? focus on your own khoj, let this fill you so much that you shine this bani from inner to outer, there is no other way. you cannot force it but if this baby smells your fragrance they will aapi be enticed to naam and true way

Babies are born with more clarity, which we slowly lose as we age. If you immerse yourself in bani, gurmat sangeet, love then this baby will aapi come towards you. From experience most young babies are so so intrigued by our taanti saaj's, by what our purpose on earth is, where is god, why we pray... they love it.  They love having deep convo's haha... More you develop your buddhi and clearly you can see truth and speak truth (aap japo aavra naam jaapavu) the more the baby will love to hear you... because your words will become like ambrosial nectar, like bani itself, the more we connect :) 

Babies can sense love from heart too... more you practise true love.. eik love, the baby will aapi sense you. 

Always be patient and kind, careful in how you explain things to the baby as this babys repesentation of sikhi will be largely based off whatever you do- so even when explaining why someone can't be a 'mix' etc always speak in positive light (dont say her mum is bad) - stick to gurbani- no one is bad or good... all as per hukam 

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

15 hours ago, monatosingh said:

Wjkk wjkf

Aww that's such a nice thing to do. I always imagine if my mum has another child how I could bring them up as gursikhs, I guess I have to wait till i get a niece.

What you could do is wait for them to get to an age where they can understand and interact a bit more easily. Tie a dastar or patka on them, teach them mool mantar and waheguru jaap.

Perhaps even show them the Khalsa nursery rhymes basics of sikhi posted and buy them colouring books related to sikhi.

Remember, you will have to plant the seed but the baby has to maintain it when he/she is older of course.

Wjkk wjkf

Thanks veerji, its natural and its not my actions. Its all Vaheguru's hukam. This is why Sikhi is so beautiful; Sarbatt da Bhalla. I don't want only the baby to find Sikhi but I want everyone to find God, whatever religion it may be in. This is the beauty of Sikhi. Thanks for the vadhiyan! :) 

11 hours ago, Guest Real said:

You want the baby to find vaheguru..... admirable intentions but as yourself this....... have YOU found vaheguru? 

I am on my own journey and I do not know the answer to this question, my intellect is very small, only Vaheguru knows. :) 

8 hours ago, followthelight said:

kahe re man chitvae udam ja ahaar har jeo paria? focus on your own khoj, let this fill you so much that you shine this bani from inner to outer, there is no other way. you cannot force it but if this baby smells your fragrance they will aapi be enticed to naam and true way

Babies are born with more clarity, which we slowly lose as we age. If you immerse yourself in bani, gurmat sangeet, love then this baby will aapi come towards you. From experience most young babies are so so intrigued by our taanti saaj's, by what our purpose on earth is, where is god, why we pray... they love it.  They love having deep convo's haha... More you develop your buddhi and clearly you can see truth and speak truth (aap japo aavra naam jaapavu) the more the baby will love to hear you... because your words will become like ambrosial nectar, like bani itself, the more we connect :) 

Babies can sense love from heart too... more you practise true love.. eik love, the baby will aapi sense you. 

Always be patient and kind, careful in how you explain things to the baby as this babys repesentation of sikhi will be largely based off whatever you do- so even when explaining why someone can't be a 'mix' etc always speak in positive light (dont say her mum is bad) - stick to gurbani- no one is bad or good... all as per hukam 

Thanks... That's a good way, I can't control the baby's actions but I can control my own. I really need to change myself as a person. I need to let go of all this krodh and ahankar the child will only learn from me (I am the eldest child).

Thanks so much for your replies everyone @puzzled @monatosingh @followthelight and Guest Real they are inspiring me to become a better person and cleanse my heart of all this dirt.

VJKK VJKF

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

15 hours ago, monatosingh said:

Wjkk wjkf

Wjkk wjkf

Veerji, my brothers and sisters are your siblings too, we too are siblings. We are all the children of Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj. :) 

:waheguru: 

VJKK VJKF

Guest guest

Kaur 2,

I'm a big fan of your posts and your intelligence.

what can you do to help this baby?  just keep being yourself!  you will naturally create a good influence around the child.  and you can share your influence when you spend time with the child.  you can play him/her Gurbani, teach them the things that you think are beneficial.  and of course always do Ardaas for them to go on the right path.

of course you don't know what kind of personality the child will have.  just like you have your own strong incline to Sikhi.  but as an older sibling i think you will be a powerful influence.