Jobless

Dsinghd

22 hours ago, sitokaur said:

ps. try to attend Pyare Vaho AKJ Smagam, or move to their Gurduara vicinity

as sikhs should we not be more panthic, instead of splitting with jathebandis?

23 hours ago, sitokaur said:

ipledgeblueJio, i enjoy raag keertan very much too, but the ras i get after listening to rehitvaan Gurmukhs keeps me by Vahiguroo Charan, even after  a  short 3 minute video Jio_/\_...Guru Gobind Singh darshan is  enough to convince me AKJ atey Gurmatbibek IS GREAT RAAG JUST WITH THEIR PAVITERR PYAR FOR VAHIGUROO JIO_/\_♡

are you sure they are rehitvaan? do they keep rehit of shastar and bana and dumalla, and daily rehit of shastar abyaas according to Guru Gobind Singh's hukam (such as gurmukhs in Buddha Dal and Tarna Dal)? I even see Singhs trying to say they are sarblohi rehit but actually they don't even keep all these rehit, and do even all Sarblohi Singhs keep rehit of not drinking from tap water?

On 3/26/2018 at 3:20 PM, Dsinghdp said:

I haven’t worked for a while due to illness (mental). And now i have lost motivation in finding a job. I still do my Nitnem.

Just do what makes you happy and makes your mental health get back to a good place only then you will be able to find any kinda work. If your mind isn't well your body will not be motivated or function to work or think properly

Also dont worry about not having a job alot of people are out of work in this day and age. The 9-5 work secure permanent employment model is out of date these days work is alot less secure more temporary more day to day or monthly contractual work. Alot of jobs currently done by humans are gonna go soon when A.I machine learning robots take over so alot of people will be out of work than in work in a decade or so.

Eventually you will find your own path in life in finding work or starting your own self employment doing something you enjoy.Just keep doing your nitnem and be grateful to waheguru for the positive things in life and benefits you do have compared to alot of other people in the world.

20 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

as sikhs should we not be more panthic, instead of splitting with jathebandis?

In mentality, I think yes.

In actual orginaztion, perhaps no. Look at the way leadership has been infiltrated and usurped. If all Sikhi was one group, the RSS, or whoever, would only have to take one set of reigns to control all Sikhi.  

Guest GuestSingh
On 4/1/2018 at 8:21 PM, Punjabiwolves said:

I can fully understand were you coming from.Whats  important is your health and mental state. Do whatever it takes to get yourself in a good happy place dont pressure yourself into work  if your unhappy at work  it will make it worst .   Get all the help you need. In time everything will workout fine as you have Waheguru on your side.

When it comes to job/careers etc I think there is an added pressure on our community and Most Asians especially in the West as  we are  judged by the job we have .  For example you can be a  doctor/IT consultant  and you will be considered a great person  regardless of  who  you are as person , If yo have a  low end job   your not valued much despite being a good person which is just wrong. 

In my case I graduated with a 2:1  honours   degree in computing  back in 2011. Since Graduation I have been unable to get IT or any office job. I current work at Waitrose (been there for 8 years now)  I earn about  £8.20 an hour which is not alot when compared to my cousins  and friends etc who have also graduated and our on 32-45k a year. My cousin/aunties/uncles  absolutely love bragging about this  and try to make me feel small. Honestly I have not time for them. I maybe on low wage and my job may not be great  but I work hard and do my job to a great standard. 

As for the future I am still searching and would like  job that  has decent pay where I can buy my own  house and get married etc. I have had plenty of Interviews  last one was for an IT  Helpdesk job where over 100 applied and only 20 were interviews I was one of 20 that were interviews but did not get the job. The IT job market is very competitive . I have  even applied at banks for customer service roles.

I have done voluntary Work  IT back in 2013. I did my placement year  as part of my degree in 2009  which went terribly wrong as 5 months into my placement the company  had finical difficulty adn had to let me go  however I volunteered to work for free to gain full credits towards my degree and to gain experience.  The company did not  give me enough work and most of the time i spent doing nothing for  7 months. I did  like it it all and it really put me off  the IT/computing.

So its been  a  struggle and at times which me  have low self esteem . Since July 2017 I was dealing with anxiety and depression (caused by many other reasons and not just work) I felt low and , tearful at times but  now I feel alot better. Hopefully things will get better. I have faith in Waheguru which has got me thought the bad times. 

Most Important thing i have learnt which we should all apply is that dont compare yourself to others  which can be easily done  with social  media etc   we are  all on on our pathway to life. focus on your own journey and do what  it take be happy .  

Been in the same situation, brother, so understand how this feels.

The last paragraph about comparisons is true - everyone is at a different stage with different exposures, different experiences, different pace of working etc. but these variables are almost always never acknowledged through ignorance.

Sent a PM to the OP but don't mind repeating some of my words again... don't lose hope and give up - IT is everywhere and growing. Had 20-30 interviews in IT within the w.midlands myself before finding something and it is the best one out of all the ones applied (not just saying that either) - the constant rejection and long waits (4 years after graduation) has made this worth it, so keep trying - Waheguru will see these efforts and feel your pain and reward you. There might even be something better waiting than what you already know for both yourself and DSinghdp - just try to think of this difficulty as a test of your faith but one that will pass and strengthen your devotion.

If you want any advice or even some help with your CV, PM.

On 4/1/2018 at 8:21 PM, Punjabiwolves said:

In my case I graduated with a 2:1  honours   degree in computing  back in 2011. Since Graduation I have been unable to get IT or any office job. I current work at Waitrose (been there for 8 years now)  I earn about  £8.20 an hour which is not alot when compared to my cousins  and friends etc who have also graduated and our on 32-45k a year. My cousin/aunties/uncles  absolutely love bragging about this  and try to make me feel small. Honestly I have not time for them. I maybe on low wage and my job may not be great  but I work hard and do my job to a great standard. 

As for the future I am still searching and would like  job that  has decent pay where I can buy my own  house and get married etc. I have had plenty of Interviews  last one was for an IT  Helpdesk job where over 100 applied and only 20 were interviews I was one of 20 that were interviews but did not get the job. The IT job market is very competitive . I have  even applied at banks for customer service roles.

I have done voluntary Work  IT back in 2013. I did my placement year  as part of my degree in 2009  which went terribly wrong as 5 months into my placement the company  had finical difficulty adn had to let me go  however I volunteered to work for free to gain full credits towards my degree and to gain experience.  The company did not  give me enough work and most of the time i spent doing nothing for  7 months. I did  like it it all and it really put me off  the IT/computing.

So its been  a  struggle and at times which me  have low self esteem . Since July 2017 I was dealing with anxiety and depression (caused by many other reasons and not just work) I felt low and , tearful at times but  now I feel alot better. Hopefully things will get better. I have faith in Waheguru which has got me thought the bad times. 

Most Important thing i have learnt which we should all apply is that dont compare yourself to others  which can be easily done  with social  media etc   we are  all on on our pathway to life. focus on your own journey and do what  it take be happy .  

I studied in IT, I graduated during the recession, couldn't find decent job, then done postgrad, but was still the recession and still struggled for years.

I am working in 2nd line IT at the moment. IF you want to work in IT it's really good to get professional qualifications.  You could start with A+ and Network+ or something similar to try and get into 1st line, and then train yourself up with further certs. Plus the Waitrose customer service experience will really help you with the 1st line jobs, either face-to-face 1st/2nd line or helpdesk.

To be honest, my degrees haven't been that useful in getting the jobs, it's been more useful doing the training and getting experience.

Guest GuestSingh
12 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

I studied in IT, I graduated during the recession, couldn't find decent job, then done postgrad, but was still the recession and still struggled for years.

I am working in 2nd line IT at the moment. IF you want to work in IT it's really good to get professional qualifications.  You could start with A+ and Network+ or something similar to try and get into 1st line, and then train yourself up with further certs. Plus the Waitrose customer service experience will really help you with the 1st line jobs, either face-to-face 1st/2nd line or helpdesk.

To be honest, my degrees haven't been that useful in getting the jobs, it's been more useful doing the training and getting experience.

The last sentence is true - employers want someone who can 'hit the ground running' without training you up, especially if they're small. They'll see the degree but are always more interested in recent courses - shows genuine interest and initiative to them.

Certain organisations offer training and qualifications in A+, N+, MCSA etc. but better to find and download the learning material online and take the exams independently (too expensive with little difference in cost without 3rd parties) in my opinion.

Never too late for anyone to pursue a career in this field - met enough 40+ year olds myself still looking for work in this field.

1 hour ago, GuestSingh said:

The last sentence is true - employers want someone who can 'hit the ground running' without training you up, especially if they're small. They'll see the degree but are always more interested in recent courses - shows genuine interest and initiative to them.

Certain organisations offer training and qualifications in A+, N+, MCSA etc. but better to find and download the learning material online and take the exams independently (too expensive with little difference in cost without 3rd parties) in my opinion.

Never too late for anyone to pursue a career in this field - met enough 40+ year olds myself still looking for work in this field.

yes, especially for the lower level ones, do the a+ and network+ with you own materials. Also apprenticeships are also good, and sometimes internships.

Also true about the 40+ year olds, seen them at a training provider in Wembley.

At the moment, AWS is the in demand cert at the moment to get far in the ladder. Cheap way of doing it is using Udemy. Udemy training courses going for a tenner at the moment, until the next offer comes again which is every few weeks.

here's some on demand videos. there's a browser check at the start https://onlinexperiences.com/scripts/Server.nxp?LASCmd=AI:4;F:APIUTILS!10&ShowKey=47218&SuppressLoginLink=0&DisplayItem=NULL&APILoginLink=/scripts/Server.nxp?LASCmd=L:0%26AI=1%26ShowKey=47218%26LoginType=0%26InitialDisplay=0%26ClientBrowser=0%26DisplayItem=NULL%26ExAPISUK=-8687646%26RandomParam=Apr 3 2018 10:39:51:228AM%26LangLocaleID=1033&LangLocaleID=1033