Faridkot Teeka

Guest Kaur 2

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

16 hours ago, Guest Kaur 2 said:

VJKK VJKF

This particular teeka was made when a group of mahapurakh's met up in Faridkot.

VJKK VJKF

Here's the whole story: So basically there was a rich man who had a lot of money and he was spiritual but not that much. He wanted there to be a viakhya of the whole of Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj and he had the idea to call up all the mahapurakh's he knew of and he called them up to have a meeting. He offered them as much money as they wanted. They started to make this steek and when they had finished they didn't know what to call it since it couldn't really be named after only one person so they named it after where they had the meeting in Faridkot. Hence why its called the Faridkot Steek.

PS: I did type this out myself so apologies for any mistakes and please feel free to correct me. :) 

VJKK VJKF 

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

I have a question: Are there major differences between the Faridkot Steek and the Professor Sahib Singh Steek concerning content and perspective and interpretation?

I would really appreciate it if someone could answer this question. :) 

VJKK VJKF

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

For those who haven't read them, they provoke some new ideas on gurbani and help to interpret so I would learn gurmukhi and read it.

VJKK VJKF