Jump to content
GurpreetSingh13

How to become a Nihang Singh

Recommended Posts

  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Guest

WJKK WJKF

First of all, if you want to become a Nihang Singh, don't become a Nihang Singh for show (ego). 

Gurbani says a true Nihang is:

 

(Ang 392, SGGS)
"nirbhau hoeiou bheiaa nihangaa

Being fearless, he becomes a ‘Nihang’ (bold and daring person)."

 

 

 
"nihang kahaavai so purakh, dukh sukh manne na ang.(praapanpraa)

A person who has forsaken the fear of death and is always ready to embrace martyrdom is called a Nihang."

 

 

 

A Nihang engages in:

Bani, Naam, Seva, Shastar, Bana.

Nihangs back then are not what some Nihangs are now. Anyone can dress up in Bana and Shastar, it's their inside qualities that support the outside qualities. (Bani then Bana!)

 

The Rehat Maryada can be found at:

 

If you feel are following the above Rehat and have practiced it for some time, attend various Johr Mele or events that have been organized by a Dal and do seva. It takes years of seva to fully say that you are a member of a Dal (not saying you are in a Dal, that's different, I do seva in a Dal doesn't mean I am a member of it).

 

Since I can't really speak as I am myself fairly new to this lifestyle, @Singh123456777 can answer this question more easily.

WJKK WJKF

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 hour ago, GurpreetSingh13 said:

I want to become nihang singh Not for showing ego  I want to become Nihang SINGH for doing Sewa Doing Something for Panth 

There are ways to do seva for the Panth without becoming a Nihang specifically, but if you really think the Rehat and lifestyle is suitable for you then follow it.

 

Which country are you in Singh?

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Just now, GurpreetSingh13 said:

Indian

India? Where specifically. There are loads of Nihangs you can get in touch with. 

Again, @Singh123456777 knows specifically where.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
11 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Has the violence between Dals stopped?

Don't know much about violence between Dals, apart from Budha Dal itself where Baba Bahadur Singh got killed.

I doubt anyone would be so short minded to start a fight with someone due to their Dal to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

Don't know much about violence between Dals, apart from Budha Dal itself where Baba Bahadur Singh got killed.

I doubt anyone would be so short minded to start a fight with someone due to their Dal to be honest.

I nearly started a fight due to my Dal. Luckily the waiter apologised and gave me a refund.

Edited by superdupersingh
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 minute ago, superdupersingh said:

I nearly started a fight due to my Dal. Luckily the waiter apologised and gave me a refund.

Ha! Good one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

Don't know much about violence between Dals, apart from Budha Dal itself where Baba Bahadur Singh got killed.

I doubt anyone would be so short minded to start a fight with someone due to their Dal to be honest.

Ah so the infighting was for leadership of Budha Dal itself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 minute ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Ah so the infighting was for leadership of Budha Dal itself?

"In 2008 SGPC and niddar made balbir the jathedar of budha dal. No other dal came to give balbir a siropa. It was only niddar and sgpc. 

When Baba Surjeet Singh Ji found out that baba santa singh died the whole fauj tried to go to baba ji’s funeral but balbir and his nakli fauj stopped baba ji from coming and did not allow baba surjeet singh to see baba santa singh. 

Later on Baba surjeet singh went with the fauj to balbir and they had a fight there which in the process balbirs brother got killed. (It was determined that baba surjeet singh’s fauj did not actually fire first). Balbir then tried putting Baba Surjeet singh ji in jail a few times and finally suceeded after some time. Baba surjeet singh then told Baba joginder singh ji to be jathedar in his place cause baba surjeet singh ji cant rule the fauj in jail. Baba joginder singh ji was more bhagti oriented but accepted. Baba ji was also known to frequent UK sangat as well. At this same time balbir was pressuring Baba joginder singh to accept balbir as jathedar cause balbir was saying that if he didnt he would put baba joginder singh in jail as well."

 

"In 2017 balbir paid some of baba prem singhs men to murder the chakarvarti jathedar baba bahadur singh ji. Those people who shot baba bahadur singh ji went to jail for some time but balbir got them out and now they are at rakba. Balbir also paid baba bahadur singhs son to leave baba prem singh and go to rakba."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

"In 2008 SGPC and niddar made balbir the jathedar of budha dal. No other dal came to give balbir a siropa. It was only niddar and sgpc. 

When Baba Surjeet Singh Ji found out that baba santa singh died the whole fauj tried to go to baba ji’s funeral but balbir and his nakli fauj stopped baba ji from coming and did not allow baba surjeet singh to see baba santa singh. 

Later on Baba surjeet singh went with the fauj to balbir and they had a fight there which in the process balbirs brother got killed. (It was determined that baba surjeet singh’s fauj did not actually fire first). Balbir then tried putting Baba Surjeet singh ji in jail a few times and finally suceeded after some time. Baba surjeet singh then told Baba joginder singh ji to be jathedar in his place cause baba surjeet singh ji cant rule the fauj in jail. Baba joginder singh ji was more bhagti oriented but accepted. Baba ji was also known to frequent UK sangat as well. At this same time balbir was pressuring Baba joginder singh to accept balbir as jathedar cause balbir was saying that if he didnt he would put baba joginder singh in jail as well."

 

"In 2017 balbir paid some of baba prem singhs men to murder the chakarvarti jathedar baba bahadur singh ji. Those people who shot baba bahadur singh ji went to jail for some time but balbir got them out and now they are at rakba. Balbir also paid baba bahadur singhs son to leave baba prem singh and go to rakba."

 

Interesting and unfortunate. How is succession of Jathedar of Budha Dal traditionally handled? 

Is it normal for SGPC to have a say?

I was torn between receiving Amrit from a Dal or Hazur Sahib, and this fighting made my mind up. 

Edited by GurjantGnostic
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, monatosingh said:

"In 2017 balbir paid some of baba prem singhs men to murder the chakarvarti jathedar baba bahadur singh ji.

Was this with the acquiescence of Baba Prem Singh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Remember also  everyone is the soul bride of Waheguru Ji 
    • We are equal in the eyes of God because we are beneath him. It is looking at ants from our eyes. The problem with people is that they think that leadership is a privilege. It is not, it is a responsibility.  As the head of the family you may have the authority but that always comes with accountability. They go hand in hand. In families there is a pecking order, the children first, the women next and then the men. Men are the sacrificial gender, why in cases of emergency do they say "women and children first". A woman will sacrifice her life for her children but never for her husband. A man will sacrifice for both. Women who take leadership from her husband do it because they are forced into it or because the man is not up to it and the woman becomes resentful of her husband. 
    • I don’t see how you see this practice as a part of our ancestral history.  What I chose to do independently outside of Sikhi cannot be associated with Sikhi practices. Similar as to how dietary influence is largely down to the landscape and culture of the region you belong to.  The same is for narcotics which are largely taken due to cultural influence and availability to the region.  Just because I eat potato chips in England this does not mean my future generations should adopt this, and somehow associate this with my religious identity.  Your cultural practices can be altered, discarded and chosen but your religious practices can never change,  whether that be in the 18th Century or the 21st.   If you reword this with ‘medicinal, recreational drug use in the region of Punjab in the 17th-18th Century’, I would have no problem with this observation.  But as soon as someone quotes ‘Puratan Sikhs and use of Marijuana’, I am not comfortable with this!
    • Veer ji can u please post pankitis from gursobha and prem sumarag about sukha?
    • Unless you're going to fight enemies of panth and need help of sukha , I don't see any excuse why I should exempt you from similar judgement as of any regular drug addict. People have for long perverted religion for their goals . Nothing new here. Why not get high on naam instead 
×

Important Information

Terms of Use