How to become a Nihang Singh

@GurjantGnostic As explained in another topic, you don't need to take amrit from Nihangs specifically to be one.

For example, when I spoke to Budha Dal, he asked me if I have taken amrit.

I replied yes, but I also mentioned I took it from Taksal not Hazur Sahib/Dals.

He then said that's fine, Taksal is ok. (From his reply I guess it may be limited to certain Jathebandian, my friend took amrit from GNNSJ and he still got accepted).

As long as you fully adhere to the Rehat and lifestyle, and do seva of a Dal and/or engage in Bani, Naam, Seva, Shastar and Bana then you should be fine.

9 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Interesting and unfortunate. How is succession of Jathedar of Budha Dal traditionally handled? 

Is it normal for SGPC to have a say?

I was torn between receiving Amrit from a Dal or Hazur Sahib, and this fighting made my mind up. 

Not at all.

Who are SGPC to decide the Jathedar of Budha Dal, when Budha Dal dates back to Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji and Baba Budha Ji?

SGPC have higher power than Akal Takth unfortunately (and Budha Dal used to be a Takth and used to control Akal Takth long ago, some people say this links to the Baba Santa Singh controversy but Basics Of Sikhi also made a video on this).

8 hours ago, BhForce said:

Was this with the acquiescence of Baba Prem Singh?

I doubt Baba Prem Singh would commit such a crime, there was a reason why his group wanted him to be Jathedar. He may have been picked due to his seva and commitment and loyalty to the Dal. I mainly follow Baba Joginder Singh Raqba though, because he was given Jathedar from the previous Jathedar.

On 01/04/2018 at 10:14 PM, superdupersingh said:

Still not as good as the kitchen knife in blazer comment. You won the internet with that one lol

Mate I keep kitchen knives in my shastar prakash, whats ur point

25 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

it shouldn't be normal for SGPC "committee"  to have a say in any sikh matters to be honest!

SGPC already has committee in it therefore you need not say committee after SGPC.

• 1 year later...
On 4/2/2018 at 1:54 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

Use your words confused bootha. What part do you find confusing or objectionable?

Edit: For that matter, anyone confused or worried, please voice those concerns. Then nobody has to be the confused bootha and I can have the benefit of your input. 

We'd all learn more from communication. 

Is it the choice of Hazoori over Nihang in my current thinking?

The consideration of either?

The fact it's me and you're just not a fan?

I considered Taksal as well but due to several considerations, when I take Amrit it will be within a Maryada that I will adhere to fully. 

I intend to work hard to be worthy of Amrit and take it when my enlistment is up, but I could be called back to service and find myself in a situation where I have to eat meat based on supply chain. 

Can't be a Sikh in the USAF I found out, if called back into service I would refuse to cut Kesh regardless of consequence but you have to eat..sooo...

Take Amrit where ever you like