How to become a Nihang Singh

1 minute ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Ah so the infighting was for leadership of Budha Dal itself?

"In 2008 SGPC and niddar made balbir the jathedar of budha dal. No other dal came to give balbir a siropa. It was only niddar and sgpc. 

When Baba Surjeet Singh Ji found out that baba santa singh died the whole fauj tried to go to baba ji’s funeral but balbir and his nakli fauj stopped baba ji from coming and did not allow baba surjeet singh to see baba santa singh. 

Later on Baba surjeet singh went with the fauj to balbir and they had a fight there which in the process balbirs brother got killed. (It was determined that baba surjeet singh’s fauj did not actually fire first). Balbir then tried putting Baba Surjeet singh ji in jail a few times and finally suceeded after some time. Baba surjeet singh then told Baba joginder singh ji to be jathedar in his place cause baba surjeet singh ji cant rule the fauj in jail. Baba joginder singh ji was more bhagti oriented but accepted. Baba ji was also known to frequent UK sangat as well. At this same time balbir was pressuring Baba joginder singh to accept balbir as jathedar cause balbir was saying that if he didnt he would put baba joginder singh in jail as well."

"In 2017 balbir paid some of baba prem singhs men to murder the chakarvarti jathedar baba bahadur singh ji. Those people who shot baba bahadur singh ji went to jail for some time but balbir got them out and now they are at rakba. Balbir also paid baba bahadur singhs son to leave baba prem singh and go to rakba."

27 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

"In 2008 SGPC and niddar made balbir the jathedar of budha dal. No other dal came to give balbir a siropa. It was only niddar and sgpc. 

When Baba Surjeet Singh Ji found out that baba santa singh died the whole fauj tried to go to baba ji’s funeral but balbir and his nakli fauj stopped baba ji from coming and did not allow baba surjeet singh to see baba santa singh. 

Later on Baba surjeet singh went with the fauj to balbir and they had a fight there which in the process balbirs brother got killed. (It was determined that baba surjeet singh’s fauj did not actually fire first). Balbir then tried putting Baba Surjeet singh ji in jail a few times and finally suceeded after some time. Baba surjeet singh then told Baba joginder singh ji to be jathedar in his place cause baba surjeet singh ji cant rule the fauj in jail. Baba joginder singh ji was more bhagti oriented but accepted. Baba ji was also known to frequent UK sangat as well. At this same time balbir was pressuring Baba joginder singh to accept balbir as jathedar cause balbir was saying that if he didnt he would put baba joginder singh in jail as well."

"In 2017 balbir paid some of baba prem singhs men to murder the chakarvarti jathedar baba bahadur singh ji. Those people who shot baba bahadur singh ji went to jail for some time but balbir got them out and now they are at rakba. Balbir also paid baba bahadur singhs son to leave baba prem singh and go to rakba."

Interesting and unfortunate. How is succession of Jathedar of Budha Dal traditionally handled? 

Is it normal for SGPC to have a say?

I was torn between receiving Amrit from a Dal or Hazur Sahib, and this fighting made my mind up. 

3 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Interesting and unfortunate. How is succession of Jathedar of Budha Dal traditionally handled? 

Is it normal for SGPC to have a say?

I was torn between receiving Amrit from a Dal or Hazur Sahib, and this fighting made my mind up. 

Use your words confused bootha. What part do you find confusing or objectionable?

Edit: For that matter, anyone confused or worried, please voice those concerns. Then nobody has to be the confused bootha and I can have the benefit of your input. 

We'd all learn more from communication. 

Is it the choice of Hazoori over Nihang in my current thinking?

The consideration of either?

The fact it's me and you're just not a fan?

I considered Taksal as well but due to several considerations, when I take Amrit it will be within a Maryada that I will adhere to fully. 

I intend to work hard to be worthy of Amrit and take it when my enlistment is up, but I could be called back to service and find myself in a situation where I have to eat meat based on supply chain. 

Can't be a Sikh in the USAF I found out, if called back into service I would refuse to cut Kesh regardless of consequence but you have to eat..sooo...

33 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Use your words confused bootha. What part do you find confusing or objectionable?

Edit: For that matter, anyone confused or worried, please voice those concerns. Then nobody has to be the confused bootha and I can have the benefit of your input. 

We'd all learn more from communication. 

Agreed. I have posted before that there should be no confused bootha. A happy face or "like" makes sense because if you like a post, there's nothing more to say, since you agree.

If you don't agree, then there's a reason you don't, and you should post that. Extremely frustrating. Stupid cowards.

Could you do a favor? Contact the admin  @S1NGH  and let him know the above plus the following (also you may want to report your own post):

1. There should be no "faces" except for "like"

2. There should be no anonymous "likes" (or dislikes, but those shouldn't even exist). This is to prevent sockpuppeting.

I'm struggling to understand why people should be able to anonymously "like" a post.

38 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I considered Taksal as well but due to several considerations, when I take Amrit it will be within a Maryada that I will adhere to fully. 

I intend to work hard to be worthy of Amrit and take it when my enlistment is up, but I could be called back to service and find myself in a situation where I have to eat meat based on supply chain. 

Can't be a Sikh in the USAF I found out, if called back into service I would refuse to cut Kesh regardless of consequence but you have to eat..sooo...

How long was your enlistment? According to this, you can only be called up involuntarily during an 8-year period which includes membership of the "Individual Ready Reserve".

So, why don't you wait until you're both out of active duty AND out of the Individual Ready Reserve?

Not to mention, that, your thought of taking "Nihung amrit" and being back in the US Air Force and eating meat is highly problematic. First of all, as has been discussed on this forum, commercial meat is often halal. That's because Muslims make a big deal out of it, and Christians don't care. Is there a specific prohibition on Muslim contractors not being able to bid on USAF meat contracts? Doubtful. So there's no guarantee you'll never be forced to eat Halal meat. Also, if you're deployed abroad, you'll be highly likely to get halal meat.

Second, even if it were just "meat" in general, and not halal, that's a problem, too. Strictly speaking, Nihangs (or Sikhs) are not supposed to eat "meat". They can only eat jhatka in a specific maryada.

So, if I were you, I would just wait out the 2 years of Individual Ready Reserve membership, and just learn more about Sikhism, and memorize Nitnem, read all of Guru Granth Sahib during that time. And then take Amrit.

10 minutes ago, BhForce said:

How long was your enlistment? According to this, you can only be called up involuntarily during an 8-year period which includes membership of the "Individual Ready Reserve".

So, why don't you wait until you're both out of active duty AND out of the Individual Ready Reserve?

Not to mention, that, your thought of taking "Nihung amrit" and being back in the US Air Force and eating meat is highly problematic. First of all, as has been discussed on this forum, commercial meat is often halal. That's because Muslims make a big deal out of it, and Christians don't care. Is there a specific prohibition on Muslim contractors not being able to bid on USAF meat contracts? Doubtful. So there's no guarantee you'll never be forced to eat Halal meat. Also, if you're deployed abroad, you'll be highly likely to get halal meat.

Second, even if it were just "meat" in general, and not halal, that's a problem, too. Strictly speaking, Nihangs (or Sikhs) are not supposed to eat "meat". They can only eat jhatka in a specific maryada.

So, if I were you, I would just wait out the 2 years of Individual Ready Reserve membership, and just learn more about Sikhism, and memorize Nitnem, read all of Guru Granth Sahib during that time. And then take Amrit.

That's a good point I hadn't thought of. The meat could be halal. Shoot.  

It would change my intended three year wait to five. I have a lot of growth to do, so that's not a huge deal. 

With no intention of sparking the meat debate, I actually personally prefer the no meat Rehit of Taksal. 

Although women seem to have a reduced role in Taksal?

I do resonate with the martial aspects of Nihang. 

Lastly if I choose to take Bhang ever, on occasion, I don't intend to break Rehit to do so, and as far as I know it's only accepted in Nihang Maryada?

5 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Lastly if I choose to take Bhang ever, on occasion, I don't intend to break Rehit to do so, and as far as I know it's only accepted in Nihang Maryada?

It's Shaheedi Degh not bhang by the way, bhang is something different.

I have seen the use of Shardaeei nowadays which doesn't have any drug.

Nihangs would say that it's only acceptable if you don't overdose Shaheedi Degh, because then it's bad.