Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GurpreetSingh13

How to become a Nihang Singh

Recommended Posts

Guest

WJKK WJKF

First of all, if you want to become a Nihang Singh, don't become a Nihang Singh for show (ego). 

Gurbani says a true Nihang is:

 

(Ang 392, SGGS)
"nirbhau hoeiou bheiaa nihangaa

Being fearless, he becomes a ‘Nihang’ (bold and daring person)."

 

 

 
"nihang kahaavai so purakh, dukh sukh manne na ang.(praapanpraa)

A person who has forsaken the fear of death and is always ready to embrace martyrdom is called a Nihang."

 

 

 

A Nihang engages in:

Bani, Naam, Seva, Shastar, Bana.

Nihangs back then are not what some Nihangs are now. Anyone can dress up in Bana and Shastar, it's their inside qualities that support the outside qualities. (Bani then Bana!)

 

The Rehat Maryada can be found at:

 

If you feel are following the above Rehat and have practiced it for some time, attend various Johr Mele or events that have been organized by a Dal and do seva. It takes years of seva to fully say that you are a member of a Dal (not saying you are in a Dal, that's different, I do seva in a Dal doesn't mean I am a member of it).

 

Since I can't really speak as I am myself fairly new to this lifestyle, @Singh123456777 can answer this question more easily.

WJKK WJKF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 hour ago, GurpreetSingh13 said:

I want to become nihang singh Not for showing ego  I want to become Nihang SINGH for doing Sewa Doing Something for Panth 

There are ways to do seva for the Panth without becoming a Nihang specifically, but if you really think the Rehat and lifestyle is suitable for you then follow it.

 

Which country are you in Singh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
11 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Has the violence between Dals stopped?

Don't know much about violence between Dals, apart from Budha Dal itself where Baba Bahadur Singh got killed.

I doubt anyone would be so short minded to start a fight with someone due to their Dal to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

Don't know much about violence between Dals, apart from Budha Dal itself where Baba Bahadur Singh got killed.

I doubt anyone would be so short minded to start a fight with someone due to their Dal to be honest.

I nearly started a fight due to my Dal. Luckily the waiter apologised and gave me a refund.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 minute ago, superdupersingh said:

I nearly started a fight due to my Dal. Luckily the waiter apologised and gave me a refund.

Ha! Good one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

Don't know much about violence between Dals, apart from Budha Dal itself where Baba Bahadur Singh got killed.

I doubt anyone would be so short minded to start a fight with someone due to their Dal to be honest.

Ah so the infighting was for leadership of Budha Dal itself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 minute ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Ah so the infighting was for leadership of Budha Dal itself?

"In 2008 SGPC and niddar made balbir the jathedar of budha dal. No other dal came to give balbir a siropa. It was only niddar and sgpc. 

When Baba Surjeet Singh Ji found out that baba santa singh died the whole fauj tried to go to baba ji’s funeral but balbir and his nakli fauj stopped baba ji from coming and did not allow baba surjeet singh to see baba santa singh. 

Later on Baba surjeet singh went with the fauj to balbir and they had a fight there which in the process balbirs brother got killed. (It was determined that baba surjeet singh’s fauj did not actually fire first). Balbir then tried putting Baba Surjeet singh ji in jail a few times and finally suceeded after some time. Baba surjeet singh then told Baba joginder singh ji to be jathedar in his place cause baba surjeet singh ji cant rule the fauj in jail. Baba joginder singh ji was more bhagti oriented but accepted. Baba ji was also known to frequent UK sangat as well. At this same time balbir was pressuring Baba joginder singh to accept balbir as jathedar cause balbir was saying that if he didnt he would put baba joginder singh in jail as well."

 

"In 2017 balbir paid some of baba prem singhs men to murder the chakarvarti jathedar baba bahadur singh ji. Those people who shot baba bahadur singh ji went to jail for some time but balbir got them out and now they are at rakba. Balbir also paid baba bahadur singhs son to leave baba prem singh and go to rakba."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

"In 2008 SGPC and niddar made balbir the jathedar of budha dal. No other dal came to give balbir a siropa. It was only niddar and sgpc. 

When Baba Surjeet Singh Ji found out that baba santa singh died the whole fauj tried to go to baba ji’s funeral but balbir and his nakli fauj stopped baba ji from coming and did not allow baba surjeet singh to see baba santa singh. 

Later on Baba surjeet singh went with the fauj to balbir and they had a fight there which in the process balbirs brother got killed. (It was determined that baba surjeet singh’s fauj did not actually fire first). Balbir then tried putting Baba Surjeet singh ji in jail a few times and finally suceeded after some time. Baba surjeet singh then told Baba joginder singh ji to be jathedar in his place cause baba surjeet singh ji cant rule the fauj in jail. Baba joginder singh ji was more bhagti oriented but accepted. Baba ji was also known to frequent UK sangat as well. At this same time balbir was pressuring Baba joginder singh to accept balbir as jathedar cause balbir was saying that if he didnt he would put baba joginder singh in jail as well."

 

"In 2017 balbir paid some of baba prem singhs men to murder the chakarvarti jathedar baba bahadur singh ji. Those people who shot baba bahadur singh ji went to jail for some time but balbir got them out and now they are at rakba. Balbir also paid baba bahadur singhs son to leave baba prem singh and go to rakba."

 

Interesting and unfortunate. How is succession of Jathedar of Budha Dal traditionally handled? 

Is it normal for SGPC to have a say?

I was torn between receiving Amrit from a Dal or Hazur Sahib, and this fighting made my mind up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, monatosingh said:

"In 2017 balbir paid some of baba prem singhs men to murder the chakarvarti jathedar baba bahadur singh ji.

Was this with the acquiescence of Baba Prem Singh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



  • Topics

  • Posts

    • DESPITE WEAKENING ECONOMY, PAKISTAN APPROVES 1 BILLION FOR CONSTRUCTION AT BABA GURU NANAK UNIVERSITY CHANDIGARH, Punjab—Despite day by day weakening economy, the Pakistan government has approved PKR 1 billion for continuing the construction of Baba Guru Nanak University at Nankana Sahib.   On June 27, western Punjab’s CM Usman Buzdar approved ‘Baba Guru Nanak University Budget Bill 2020’ for the second phase of construction at Baba Guru Nanak University, under which PKR 1 billion will be spent for the construction of hostel, administrative block, and classrooms. A wave of ardency is being observed among the Pakistani Sikhs as soon as the completion of construction work at Baba Guru Nanak University is heading towards completion.   Baba Guru Nanak University will benefit thousands of students living in villages nearby to Sri Nankana Sahib, Sheikhupura, Jadaanwala, Okada, etc. It may be recalled here that the foundation stone of Baba Guru Nanak International University (BGNU) was laid in Nankana Sahib on July 12. The Pakistan government is likely to spend more than 2.5 billion rupees to develop a high standard infrastructure over 70 acres land allotted to the University. https://www.sikh24.com/2020/06/28/despite-weakening-economy-pakistan-approves-1-billion-for-construction-at-baba-guru-nanak-university/#.XzV1k-hKg2w
    • Isn't the real question, why do we laud someone just because they accumulated 'maya'? So many traditions including sikhi have stories of how it is false to worship people based on what they have as opposed to the content/actions of their minds. In a fake world, why should we make out that the 'fakest' people are the ones to praise/listen to? I've come across many like this guy, and while sycophants may laud them to feed their ego, they are generally quite dull folks, who in private are very lonely/miserable. 
    • Why are the mosques there? Why are the halal places there? Mainly its to serve the migrant workers (who then settle, like all migrant communities do). I've been going to India since the 80s and i've noticed the increase over that time, but I've also noticed how the young panjabi's are leaving the Punjab in droves or are too drugged up to work in the fields (or see it as work beneath them). So you have farms without a workforce (so the bihari's etc come in to work the fields). On the flip side you have NRI's who are buying up land and property pushing up prices (forcing more young people to leave, in order to earn more money just to keep up). So much of the problem is of our own making. This is just another reflection of our failure as a community (such as the in roads of Christian missionaries, converting low caste punajbis because for decades the apparently 'anti-caste' sikhs looked down on them and treated them like tuttie). 
    • Halal is Sikhi is prohibited.....its a sin for Sikhs to eat halal or kosher 
    • 100% .. Christian missionaries in Punjab is the most important and pressing issue at this present time in Punjab, followed by the targeting Sikhs as 'Khalistanis' and killing them 
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use