1 hour ago, Singh123456777 said:

Price?

Well as weapons, the fact they've had corrosion removed increases their quality. 

As antiques that decreases it, but that being said I have no idea what the seller is expecting. 

They're beautiful shastars though. 

Edited by GurjantGnostic

On 2018-04-01 at 6:46 PM, Singh123456777 said:

Price?

I would like to know the price veer ji

8 hours ago, MahakaalSavaLakh said:

PM'D bump

Can you send me the price please?

On 4/2/2018 at 12:23 AM, MahakaalSavaLakh said:

Two antique gold and silver gauga yamuna tulwars for sale

one comes with the orginal scabbard.

18th c pieces.

serious buyers DM.

How do you know they are from the 1700s? Have you had them carbon-dated?

Why could they not easily be from any other time period, even the 20th century?

@BhForce it comes with experience and handling antique arms and armour day to day. as it is the same with puratan manuscripts. most sikhs can't tell the difference between a real live blade and a dull showpiece, in regards to weight, edge retention, fit , feel ,shape, you can tell from the quality of the finish , the colour, the thickness of the old and silver work, the designs, polishes etc. etc. most sikhs can't tell the difference between a real antique and a fake aged one from India due to the lack of gyan in that area. Whatever area you study you become proficient in that mode of study.

• Thanks 1

its sad to say most Sikhs aren't even interested in items such as original jung tested and jung worthy shaster relating directly to their heritage and dharma, whilst goray are collecting them like pokemon cards and sell them like any other antiques.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, MahakaalSavaLakh said:

its sad to say most Sikhs aren't even interested in items such as original jung tested and jung worthy shaster relating directly to their heritage and dharma, whilst goray are collecting them like pokemon cards and sell them like any other antiques.

truth yo!

12 hours ago, MahakaalSavaLakh said:

@BhForce it comes with experience and handling antique arms and armour day to day. as it is the same with puratan manuscripts. most sikhs can't tell the difference between a real live blade and a dull showpiece, in regards to weight, edge retention, fit , feel ,shape, you can tell from the quality of the finish , the colour, the thickness of the old and silver work, the designs, polishes etc. etc. most sikhs can't tell the difference between a real antique and a fake aged one from India due to the lack of gyan in that area. Whatever area you study you become proficient in that mode of study.

OK, bro, but assuming you have an expert who could recognize all those qualities, could the same expert not also replicate all those qualities in a replica? Is there any technology available in 18th century India not available to worksmiths today?

Thanks, for pm, I have a couple of antiques in my possession and looking to grow my collection, unfortunately im a little out priced on this occasion.

Can you provide a little more information for would be buyers and my own curiosity? 

Both are eautiful blades and in remarkable condition considering the age. Have you done/had any restoration work done on either piece?

What material are the blades? Iron/wootz? 

Any history of past users/caretakers?