Dori on Kirpan?

WJKK WJKF

I decided to use dori for my kirpan.

I saw a YouTube video but I don't really understand it and it's too fast paced for me as a beginner.

Any tutorials?

WJKK WJKF

A dori kirpan is against maryada. We should stay tyar bar tyar have a full size kirpan and should not fall for this dilution of Sikhi.

5 hours ago, SuchaSoorma said:

A dori kirpan is against maryada. We should stay tyar bar tyar have a full size kirpan and should not fall for this dilution of Sikhi.

I have a kirpan, I just want to tie the dori (rope) on it.

I'd rather have replies with people who are offering help rather than telling me to change my maryada, thank you.

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, monatosingh said:

I'd rather have replies with people who are offering help rather than telling me to change my maryada, thank you.

I see what you are talking about. 

Maybe this will help?

Or I saw one on instagram by Dilli_ke_dillwali. I’ll try to post that. 

30 minutes ago, TaksalDaSingh9771 said:

Or I saw one on instagram by Dilli_ke_dillwali. I’ll try to post that. 

This guy is a legend! 

8 hours ago, monatosingh said:

I am not trying to change anyones maryada, just want you to be aware of what the true maryada set by sahib sri guru gobind singh ji is. The rest is up to you, with what you want to do, I do not have a gun to force anyone to follow the real rehat.

7 minutes ago, SuchaSoorma said:

just want you to be aware of what the true maryada set by sahib sri guru gobind singh ji is.

Everyone claims to have their own version of the "true maryada" from the Guru, ironically, one persons true maryada conflicts with another. 

• Thanks 1

On 06/04/2018 at 3:32 AM, SuchaSoorma said:

I am not trying to change anyones maryada, just want you to be aware of what the true maryada set by sahib sri guru gobind singh ji is. The rest is up to you, with what you want to do, I do not have a gun to force anyone to follow the real rehat.

Can you be specific about the maryada and source?

I take its not just your own interpretation of what tyar bar tyar means and the dori ban is mentioned somewhere by a reputable source?

Please do elaborate..

2 hours ago, TheeTurbanator said:

Why are so many people getting mad over this issue? Maryada is not set in stone like Gurbani is, Maryada is meant to change over time. The Khalsa Panth is built to function like a constantly evolving organism that adapts to the current age. Innovation must not be shunned, innovation (to Rehat, not Bani) is nesesary or else we lose.  

Akaaaaalo!

I think there needs to be a new rule in which the user who replies has to work with the original poster's question on their certain beliefs in rehat other than posting their own views.

9 hours ago, monatosingh said:

I think there needs to be a new rule in which the user who replies has to work with the original poster's question on their certain beliefs in rehat other than posting their own views.

Then go to sikhawareness where people with Gurmat thinking get sidelined. You will fit in perfectly over there.

Guys quick update so the dori is simple, in the video you do a loop and tie that knot as he says, idk how he does the second loop some magic stuff going on there..

25 minutes ago, silverSingh said:

Dories are worn when women plait their hair or tie their salwars with.  why would anyone dream of using dori for a kirpan? A kirpan is not a fashion accessory and dori should never be allowed on a kirpan because it feminizes it. A kirpan is gender neutral.

Lol what?!

Read what you said, but slowly..

Just incase you have not seen what a dori kirpan is:

Image result for dori kirpan

Edited by Guest