Dsinghdp

Holiday in north America

18 hours ago, monatosingh said:

I am also visiting Canada this year in Toronto, heard there are quite a lot of Sikhs there (including Dal Panth Toronto).

They're all in Malton, Rexdale, and Brampton. But, yes, a lot, probably about 150,000 in the area. 

5 hours ago, Big_Tera said:
7 hours ago, BhForce said:

You're right. Except that the OP has belatedly stated that it'll be too expensive for him to stay in hotels. So he's down to just staying with his relatives in Toronto.

Ever heard of making money while on holiday. Plenty of work opportunities to make some extra income. 

Yes, I have, in fact. But I had totally forgotten about it until you mentioned it, thanks.

Unfortunately, the US does not have such a program for British citizens. You have to have a job already lined up. Plus demonstrate your exceptional ability and college education. Plus there are usually more applicants than visa slots, so there's a lottery every year, and the quota is already filled up for this year, next chance Apr 2019. And you have to actually work, it's doubtful your employer will give you a month off after you just started. If your intention is to work a day or two, tour a day or two, and repeat, no employer will sponsor your visa (which is expensive).

Canada, on the other hand, has the International Experience program for people 18 to 35. But, as you noted, there's less stuff to see.

On 4/10/2018 at 3:17 AM, monatosingh said:

I am also visiting Canada this year in Toronto, heard there are quite a lot of Sikhs there (including Dal Panth Toronto).

My friend from Toronto told me that the dal panth toronto is not that good. If you want to spend time with nihang singhs then go to BC, a lot of chardikala singhs.

34 minutes ago, SuchaSoorma said:

My friend from Toronto told me that the dal panth toronto is not that good. If you want to spend time with nihang singhs then go to BC, a lot of chardikala singhs.

I've heard the opposite, Toronto has a lot of good Nihangs.

On 4/10/2018 at 8:48 PM, KhoonKaBadlaKhoon said:

They're all in Malton, Rexdale, and Brampton. But, yes, a lot, probably about 150,000 in the area. 

He should go to Brampton, it's like killing two birds with one stone, he gets to see a Canadian city as well as Punjab. :p

Edited by TejS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

The American law bars criminals and mentally ill from entering. Canada is much more relaxed.

Edited by Dsinghdp

On 15/04/2018 at 4:37 PM, Dsinghdp said:

The American law bars criminals and mentally ill from entering. Canada is much more relaxed.

Are you suggesting the OP is a criminal or mentall ill ;)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Are you suggesting the OP is a criminal or mentall ill ;)

It's okay i'm not telling them anything.B|

California is the safe place even though few bad news in past but overall you will see lots of non-white races here as the majority. Canada has one or two major towns and rest is boring while states has stuff that keeps person and tourist pretty busy.

• Like 1