The Truth about Jind Kaur

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh! 

I have heard conflicting information regarding Maharaja Ranjit Singh’s wife Jind “Kaur” (only a Kaur in name). 

Shes often praised and seen as a role model for Kaurs. However, recently I have seen people say that she was corrupt and sleeping with the Dogra’s. 

What do you guys think? 

50 minutes ago, BhForce said:

I think if you want to solicit "the truth" about various topics, you should slow down your pace of posting topics to allow discussion on all sides in-depth.

The last topic I created was about 10 days ago, and I would not consider posting a new topic after such a period to be going too fast. 

1 hour ago, TheeTurbanator said:

The last topic I created was about 10 days ago, and I would not consider posting a new topic after such a period to be going too fast. 

Well, your choice, bro. Although I do think you will admit that waiting more time will not elicit less responses, right?

One of the reasons I say so is the admin changed up the homepage a few months ago to where it doesn't show the recent topics on top right of the homepage. It shows the top contributors (which is useless), and then the most recent posts (not topics). Posts move fast, the most recent ones obscure the older ones.

Topics are more long-lived, but still, the more active topics there are, the more chances they will be obscured. And we all know that huge numbers of people never go into the forums, they just check out what's on the homepage.

Anyway, I'd like to ask you to ask the admin to move the "top contributors" back to the bottom left wide column, and put the "recent topics" back in the top right narrow column.

1 hour ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

I dont know whether this is true or not, but in reality this is an easy accusation to use in order to try and destroy someones character. Look a bit closer to our time and see some of the stories that were said about kharkoo singhs.

Well, I think there are two Sikh perspectives on the issue of Rani Jindan and her "lovers":

1) Extramarital relations are prohibited in Sikhism, and Rani Jind Kaur is to be condemned for her actions. In this narrative, her actions are of a piece with the general debauchery of Maharaja Ranjit Singh's court, which led to complacency, and ultimately defeat and humiliation at the hands of the British. The lack of rehit led to the fall of the Raj.

2) The "history" written by Mohammedans like Mohammed Latif and others is information warfare to impugn the character of actors of the Sikh Raj. In this narrative, the poor Sikhs having false history written about them is of a piece with the Sikhs being betrayed by various courtiers in the Anglo-Sikh wars.

The problem is the moment somebody says Rani Jindan was a <banned word filter activated>, and you hear it, it affects you, whether you logically try to tell yourself there's no real proof or not.

1) If she was as accused ,she would not have been told she would not get money from the treasury to give to Sikhs on our tuhaars unless she gave double to brahmins as same time

2) she would not have been imprisoned as she would have been under hindu control

3) who would gain from besmirching her honour ? the dogras , the English as no one would side with her to get sikh raj back

4) you underestimating the depravity of the Brahmin paltus of Angrez , they have always sided with whoever is in charge until they are strong enough through wheedling to overturn the powers that be , the mughals knew this so kept them down also their Kitab teaches them to do that . The angrez have always used the Hindus greed to gain ground ,that's why they established themselves so quickly and fairly bloodlessly in the East of India and really despise them for lack of spine and obseqiousness. To serve their masters they put many many rumours about .

5) in that time all it took was one whisper or question and people would assume the worst , people used to kill themselves because other merely spoke ill of their females honour . so I doubt that was true .

6) when was this supposed tryst ? when she was assisting her son by being regent after her husband's death ? when she was under house arrest? when she was transported to Nepal ?

At the end of the day Maharaja Ranjit Singh and Jind Kaur were King and Queen. They were not saints who we should look for spiritual guidance. We all know that Ranjit Singh liked a drink or five. Ranjit Singh had multiple wives and lived a complete life of pleasure just like all Kings do. Sure he did good things for the panth but we shouldn't idolise him too much especially not as a model Sikh.

He's the only true strong King (in the literal sense) that we ever had and that is why we glorify him and have his portrait in Gurdwaras.