Hukamnama at gurdwara

Singh23

Vjkk vjkf ji!

Sangat ji,

I had a few questions about the hukamnama that is normally written at the gurdwara sahib daily. 

I know that is the hukam guru maharaj has given the sangat, but is that a hukam by which an individual can act upon or act accordingly in life.

There are some days when I read the hukamnama sahib and I feel like guru maharaj is totally speaking to me because it's so relevant to my life. And then on down days,like today, where my sikhi is not going as well as I wish or I've only done half my nitnem and I feel bad but the hukamnama was saying you are in maharaj's sharan and everything in this life and the next life will be taken care of.......I feel like this cant be for me.....no matter how much I wish it was, I'm not that good of a gursikh.

So the hukamnama posted daily at the gurudwara sahib. How do we take that? As a direct message guru maharaj meant for me? Maharaj brought the people to this gurughar and this is maharajs hukam for those that read it? Or only for those present during ardas/hukamnama? 

Anyone that can shed some light on this topic would be much appreciated!

I remeber hearing in katha, that whenever you walk into the gurdwara whatever shabad that is recited by the kirtani or whatever the hukamnama is, guru sahib is speaking to you through that. 

1 hour ago, MokhamSingh said:

The entire SGGS is a hukam. What people tend to refer to as ‘Hukamnama’, is actually ‘Mukhvak’. 

I noticed a change in terminology on the new sgpc site. 

Their image version of the Mukhvak isn't working yet unfortunately so our stickied hukamnama thread is bare for now. 

Just curious, what is the etymological breakdown of hukamnama and mukhvak?

Shukria

7 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I noticed a change in terminology on the new sgpc site. 

Their image version of the Mukhvak isn't working yet unfortunately so our stickied hukamnama thread is bare for now. 

Just curious, what is the etymological breakdown of hukamnama and mukhvak?

Shukria

Confused bootha would also like to know, heh. 

We both thank you in advance.