Jedi_Singh

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I don't really know :T:

I just don't picture myself a sikh, I trim my beard and think bad thoughts, rarely do paath, etc. I can't live a sikh life, I duno, I mean just becasue your born into a Sikh Family, doesn't mean your automatically a Sikh. But if I don't follow sikhi does that mean I'm a lost cause. I'm a bad person?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Who are we to judge who's bad or who's good?..I think that Sikhi is the most straight forward path to god...I've studied different religions and I found that theres a lotta contridictions in most of them.....but i feel god isn't that blind...i mean if u are a muslim, hindu , buddhist, christian or whatever other religion...once ur heart is pure and u don't hurt people etc.....u r on a good pathway but where as merging with waheguru is concerned and going back to sach khand I don't really know if other religions will take u there.....i feel different prophets came at different times and in this yug our gurus have shown us the path.......

I just don't picture myself a sikh, I trim my beard and think bad thoughts, rarely do paath, etc. I can't live a sikh life, I duno, I mean just becasue your born into a Sikh Family, doesn't mean your automatically a Sikh.

From your post....don't get me wrong im not trying to judge u but what it seems like is u r looking for an easy way out........but don't we all wish it was that simple......in order to attain anything in life...we have to work for it.....to be a doctor ...we got to study.....to be a bodybuilder we gotta train....so don't u think in order to reach god ...u need to do some sort of 'work'...u need to follow some sort of principles.....

its not an easy road....we gotta overcome obstacles in every goal we wanna achieve...so someone soo great as waheguru...why do we look for an easy way out..........its really easy to swim with the tide but the tide doesn't always take u where u wanna go.......but trust me man.......sikhi is such an awesome paath....i grew up in A Radha Soami enviroment but sikhi is like sooo up there....its like the most precious path of all...and im glad that i found a path like this.....and hopefully one day guruji will grant me amrit .......but bro i would say explore sikhi moreee......sikhi is a treasure beyond measure.... ....hope i didn't say anything wrong...if i did then Im Sorry

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

Sat Sri Akal:

Being a Sikh STARTS from taking Amrit. That is your admittance into the Khalsa University, and getting the Degree of Mukhti is only bestowed upon you by the Dean, the Almighty.

Are you a lost cause? Well, one of the Guru's Most Beloved Sikhs was one Bidhi Chand, a former thief. With the Almighty's Grace, the most sinful person can be saved.

Now, what makes you think Sikhi is not right for you? Post specifics, so that they may be addressed. Consider no question or concern too silly or "stupid"...if it was so, you would have resolved it a long time ago on your own. Always remember that the ultimate decision is yours whether you want to be a Sikh or not. The Sangat can guide you, support you and answer your questions, but the ultimate decision to embrace any path is your own.

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh..!!

I don't really know 

I just don't picture myself a sikh, I trim my beard and think bad thoughts, rarely do paath, etc. I can't live a sikh life, I duno, I mean just becasue your born into a Sikh Family, doesn't mean your automatically a Sikh. But if I don't follow sikhi does that mean I'm a lost cause. I'm a bad person?

bro sorry to say.. if tha's the reason u don't picture urself a sikh... i dunno how u can picture urself in ne other path.. no other path would consider that as correct.. in any path u have to do prayers, think clean thoughts, etc... i think u should start looking deep into Sikh itself first... find out what its about... read gurbaani... look into our past... and if it's still not you.. then look into other paths... but look deep... u'll find ur way...

best of luck...

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh..!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I Don't mean to make any excuses, I just feel as if I'm letting down guruji and sangat. I' just don't feel the vibe in Sikhi. I use to, but now I don't. I'm not looking for an easy way out, I'm looking for what's compatible for me, what I want, What I love. And I don't have that much pyaar for Sikhi, I was forced onto this path and I just can't like it :|

I just feel as if I'm letting sikhi down because of the things I do. Like trimming, I trim a lot of my hair, how can you be a sikh if you do that? I just don't want to let guruji down or my fellow sangat down. I just want a path where I feel pyaar, and where I don't make praying a chore.

Forcing someone to follow a particular religion is Very much against the Concept of Sikhi. Did guru gobind singh jee or other gurus forced anyone to accept sikhi? No. Thus who force someone to follow sikhi is the one who needs serious training in "Sikhism 101". In matter of fact it's other religions who are in force of wanting other ppls to follow their religion even using force "Rss, Christians, Muslims" and so on. I don't see any Sikh Kaum doing that kind of job nor we are interested. Guru nanak dev jee once said.. "if you are hindu then be a good hindu, if you are musalman, then be a good musalman." so on.. that's the core of sikhi.. We do not convert and we do not force sikhi onto others. They are free to go through sikhi, and if it suits them then become a sikh, if not that good luck :TH:

If you don't feel that you are doing fine as being Sikh? like if your views contradict with sikhi teachings then you are sure to follow any other religion where your views matches their religious scriptures. Missionaries these days will bend and twist lots of truth just to make your views well suited toward their religion.

One need a spiritual guidance to lead a peace life in the same world where thousands of killings happens everyday and so on.. (aka kalyug). You don't let the sikhi down if you don't feel the piyar while doing sikh prayers. It's your mind which needs to be tamed. "Maan jeetay Jaag jeet" If you win over your mind then only you can conquer the world. To my my mind is like poison whi

ch always want to do stuff which at end will hurt me. I always see my mind as my enemy and to find against i only have one solution "Sikhi teachings". You say you trim your beard and by your post i can guess that you agree and do know that's it's against sikhi. So one side of you say "NO to trim if in sikhi" and another side of your mind say "Go for it, you will get ladies and so on.." So here the mind took the control of you. You need to beat that and to do that everybody has their own way and may god help you with that.

Don't waste your time to find what's best for you.. Mind is hard to control. If you see abc religious teaching to be best then go for it. One thing to remember brother.. Bend yourself instead of bending/changing religious teachings. You need to go and fetch the ball, don't wait for the ball to come to you !!

Good luck my jedi friend :TH:

btw sikh are those who are amritdhari (that's the defination by guru gobind singh jee) No point of discussing in that matter. :wub:

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I really like Sikhi, there's nothing worng with it, it's all religions combined in one basically, well to me it is. Has everything, It's just I was forced on this path and now has made me unhappy and bitter, yes I like Sikhi but do I love it NO, and I have a problem trimming my beard, nonono.gif which is a NO NO in sikhi, and you can't call yourself a Sikh or become a sikh if you Do that, I was always told that Guruji loves you only if you keep your hair and if you cut it Guruji will hate you, so my whole life 19 years I kept my hair and became bitter, and thought man Guruji's a tyrant, and I guess a want a switch in my life, something new. no.gif

I know it sounds ridicilous, mah parents forced me on this path, and I take it for granted, and I abuse it and abuse guruji and his beautiful sangat.

no.gif I just want to be with God, and be a good person pray.gif

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Well, Guru Nanak said that "If you are a Hindu, be a good Hindu. If you are a Muslim, be a Good Muslim". By extention, what sikhism teaches is that if you wish to be a sikh, or hindu, or muslim, or christian, or buddhist... you MUST follow the faith WITH FAITH!

It is important that you willingly give up whatever you think might be a problem and try your best to adhere to the faith. In Sikhism, that means taking Amrit. In other religions that means different things. The bottom line is choose the best faith -- then follow it. Doing only 50% of what is required doesn't really help much :wub:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!