Sikhi the only way?

Jedi_Singh

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh..!

bro... whatever u believe in.. go for it.. but i can tell u that there's nothing that FITS nebodys description.. no matter who you are or what faith u believe in.. ur gonna have change some of ur ways or views on thingz to become a tru follower of that faith... i's apparent u do have respect and love for sikhi.. Sikhi is not the ONLY path to god.. we believe it is the fastest path to god.. there are many aspects of sikhi which are different from other faiths which you mite find interesting.. like i said b4.. research sikhi and other faiths in depth.. in the end ... God is One...

remember.. u can't wait for thingz to happen.. u have to go make them happen...

find ur path bro...

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh..!!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Being a Sikh STARTS from taking Amrit. That is your admittance into the Khalsa University, and getting the Degree of Mukhti is only bestowed upon you by the Dean, the Almighty.
^_^^_^ Ms514 - I love this - so true ^_^^_^
btw sikh are those who are amritdhari (that's the defination by guru gobind singh jee) No point of discussing in that matter. 

ohmy.gif That means the sikh society at my old school had no sikhs in it ohmy.gif

But I agree with what you are saying.

And as for Jedi Singh - do a bit of research and make a comparitive study between sikhi and other relgions which you are interested in. Once you have done this you can then decide if you still want to remain in sikhi and who knows one day become the son of Guru Gobind Singh Ji or you want to follow a different religion. But you must remember which ever relgion you follow like Khalsa4ever said - u must follow it 100%. Anyone from any religion can reach God - However, the most direction route to God is Sikhi.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

you say u can't picture yourself being a sikh cos u trim your beard etc. do u rely want to be a sikh? do you really want 2 reach god? because if you do, if u rely want it then all u have to do is ask Guru Ji and then just leve it with Guru Ji as Guru Ji will show you the way, u will automatically not want to trim your beard and Maharaj will show you how to do paart and simran etc. You can't say it's not for you if you havn't tried.

Also, from what i've been told is that sikhi is the 'straight' path to god, For example if you follow sikhi you are walking the path straight to Vaheguru, whereas if you follow, say christianity you are asking Jesus to look after you, and he will, but he only has the power to do so for a little while after which you will be sent back down. Prophets like Jesus and Mohamed etc are all asking Vaheguru to let them into sach khand, they all pray to Vaheguru anyway so wts the point in following a different religion why not ask the Creator himslef to let you into sach khand.

see being born into a sikh family as a blessing, Maharaj has blessed you alredy.

bhull chukk muaff

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

by Amrit

Also, from what i've been told is that sikhi is the 'straight' path to god, For example if you follow sikhi you are walking the path straight to Vaheguru, whereas if you follow, say christianity you are asking Jesus to look after you, and he will, but he only has the power to do so for a little while after which you will be sent back down. Prophets like Jesus and Mohamed etc are all asking Vaheguru to let them into sach khand, they all pray to Vaheguru anyway so wts the point in following a different religion why not ask the Creator himslef to let you into sach khand.

Please clarify you point in Bold of Jesus and Muhamed asking God to let them into his Kingdom?? How do you know this? Have you talked to God Personally or have seen them waiting at the Gates??

Perhaps i have mis-interpeted what you are trying to say.

For arguments sake.. I think we should not make points about other religions... it mite stur up controversy... no religion is more RIGHT then ne other.. jes the path to God is diff for each one..

So lets not say nethin about prophets from other religions or things about other religions that might make them look bad or cause controversy..

"God is One"

If you're having problems jedi singh, i think you should take another look at sikhi, and then at yourself. Sikhi is a way of life, and noone expects you to follow their way of life, because that would be saying that they are right and you are wrong. You don't have to be brought in all at once, you can do it slowly. Just take a look at what you can do, and what you can't do, and then try to make what you can't do in to what you can do.

Brother please take faith in Waheguru. i do the worst things, i cut my hair, i eat all meats and im a very bad person. But now im thinkin of keeping my kesh and if Maharaj blesses me then i will have kes and become a sardar. But bro please understand that Sikhi is such a beautiful religion, as long as you choose to accept it.

Please make ur decision wisely.

Fateh.

Well, Guru Nanak said that "If you are a Hindu, be a good Hindu. If you are a Muslim, be a Good Muslim". By extention, what sikhism teaches is that if you wish to be a sikh, or hindu, or muslim, or christian, or buddhist... you MUST follow the faith WITH FAITH
Hmm...I don't recall Guru Nanak saying that anywhere in Guru Granth Sahib? I do recall Guru Granth Sahib saying "Hindu annha Turkoo kaaNaa..." ie. the Hindu is blind and the Muslim one-eyed. I also recall the following Shabad that applies specifically to Jains but also to all the faiths that do not have naam:
PauRee

eik Jainee oujaR paai dhurho khuaaiaa ||

Some are Jains, wasting their time in the wilderness; by their pre-ordained destiny, they are ruined.

thin mukh naahee naam n teerath nhaaiaa||

The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is not on their lips; they do not bathe at sacred shrines of pilgrimage.

hathhee sir khohaae n bhadh karaaeiaa ||

They pull out their hair with their hands, instead of shaving.

kuchil rehehi din raat shabad n bhaaiaa ||

They remain unclean day and night; they do not love the Word of the Shabad.

tin jaat n pat n karam janam gavaaiaa

124;|

They have no status, no honor, and no good karma. They waste away their lives in vain.

man joot(h)ai vaejaath joothaa khaaiaa ||

Their minds are false and impure; that which they eat is impure and defiled.

bin shabadai aachaar n kin hee paaiaa ||

Without the Shabad, no one achieves a lifestyle of good conduct.

guramukh oankaar sach samaaiaa ||16||

The Gurmukh is absorbed in the True Lord God, the Universal Creator. ||16||

So is Guru Amar Das Sahib telling Jainis to be "good Jains", or is he essentially saying that Jainism is not a spiritually successful or promising path?

The only path to Vahiguru is Gurmat. It is NOT a mixture of other religions, it is not "one path among many", it is THE path. Given that Sikhi doesn't condemn other religions, in that they will get what they work towards (heaven/paradise), but the final destination, SachKhand, is only available through Satguru jee's Gurmat naam.

Take the example of Darbar Sahib Amritsar. Vahiguru can be attained by anyone of any background or caste or gender (four doors open wide), but the path to Vahiguru is only one: Gurmat.

Sikhi is not easy. It's one thing that is very difficult to start with. Because there are no promises and you have to devote not just your weekend, but your entire life to it. But the reward is even bigger.

Only those come into Sikhi who have great karma and have been chosen for this path by Vahiguru himself. It's not really in our control. All we can do is try our best to follow it and try to encourage others to do the same. The rest is up to Vahiguru.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

The Gurbani Says:

suir nr muin jn AMimRqu Kojdy su AMimRqu gur qy pwieAw

The angelic beings and the silent sages search for the Ambrosial Nectar; this Amrit is obtained from the Guru

The rehat says:

pRQm rihq Xih jwn KMfy kI pwhul Cky ] soeI isMG pRDwn Avr n pwhul jo ley

To drink the Ambrosial Nectar of the Khanda (Amrit) is the primary instruction for the Sikh. He who abandons all other initiations is truly a great Sikh.

Following the Guru is the only way out, to reach waheguru u have to follow the path laid by our gurus.

bhul chuk mwaaf

wjkk wjkf....

i agree that the only path to god is the path of naam...this is instructed in gurbani time and time again....

however...i disagree with Singh132...if i understood his post correctly...then according to him, only Waheguru can be considered naam...

personally, from reading gurbani...i have never got this impression...yes..naaam is important...whether you recite waheguru or some other shabad..it's irrelevant UNLESSS you are a sikh...because in that case we are given HUKAM from guru ji to do simran of waheguru only....but that is the hukam for sikhs....

if other people of different religions do abhiyaas of waheguru using another shabad...then i don't see wht the problem is...I highly doubt God cares what he is called so long as his children are following a path of loving devotion...that is what he wants to see...

Gobind bhao bhagat da bhukha......

i have christian, hindu, and muslim friends who all do simran...they don't say waheguru but they do simran of god...and when they come to my house, sometimes we'll go into baba ji's room and do simran together and they will recite waheguru....

We shouldn't confuse following hukam that is given to sikhs by our gurus with saying notions that because this is what we were told, it's the only way...for US it is the way... for others it's a differnt way....

if people keep saying that the only way to meet god is by being a sikh...then why would god make people born into other religions?...did god make a mistake?....or does he NOT want people to meet him?...he loves people less?....i don't know what scholars say but my heart doesn't agree....

that said

...i DO believe sikhi is the most straightforward path...only because in all 1430 angs of guru ji, naam is stressed..so there's no guess work... in the other faiths, it is revealed that naam is the path, but not in a straightforward way..it's a lot more subtle...and that kinda sucks for people in the other paths cuz it takes them a long time to figure out what they are supposed to do...like the instructions are hidden among stories and myths and stuff...but nevertheless the instructions are there...if they weren't there...then you wouldn't have people like Parmahansa Yogananda or any sufis and others who spent their lives in loving meditation of God.

this brings me to my point about that tuk that Singh132 gave..."hindu aaana, tarkoo kanaa"

notice how it says that hindu and not HINDUISM?...notice how it says tarkoo and NOT islam....

my interpretation (yours may be different)...but here guru ji is talking about the FOLLOWERS of these religions; not the religions themselves....

my heart tells me that guru ji is talking about how the followers of these religions have failed to see and failed to hear the true message that was provided for them and have fallen into thes useless rituals and whatnot...BUT the tuk doesn't say to me that the message isn't present in these religions....

now getting to the actual question originally raised...jedi singh...what you are going through is a normal thing to go through..so don't worry....BUT take this opportunity to develop that relationship with guru ji...

you say you think bad thoughts...i'm sure that 90% of people on this board and in the world do that...i konw i do ...cuz i ain't no saint yet...but guess what ....Guru ji STILL loves us..and has blessed us with gursikhi...a lifestyle that HELPS us stop thinking these bad thoughts...it is NOT an overnight process....it takes time...could take a whole lifetime or even lives...but once you follow the path of gursikhi...guru ji will be there to help you out....

i reall

y don't think you have a huge problem...i just think you've come to a point where you're actually thinking about things seriously and not just doing what people told you to do....the key is to do your research...talk to sangata...talk to gurmukhs...read gurbani...read vichars written by gurmukhs...and all will be revealed...the worst thing you can do for yourself is to make a hasty decision to leave the path without having really known the path....

it's like when you open up a book sometimes....you know the first couple of pages look all boring and hard ...but if you continue it...you find the book soo amazing you don't wanna put it down...sikhi is like that....in the beginning your mind is going to tell you to forget this religious <admin-profanity filter activated>...but if you tell your mind to hang on a sec and keep with it..eventually sikhi will become a part of you and then become your entire existance....