Sikhi the only way?

Jedi_Singh

Jss,

In Nitnem, every day we read (it seems mechanically) "Saray hee daes ko daekh rahiyo mat, kouoo naa daekheeat praan patee kay" meaning "I have examined the religons of various countries, but none of them preaches true devotion to the lord of life (Vahiguru).

Is this not saying that other religions fail at attaining the goal of God-realisation?

As for naam. Guru Sahib makes clear that there is something called "Gurmat naam" that is necessary. Not just a kirtam naam, but GURMAT naam.

Guru Gobind Singh Sahib goes so far as to say, "Raam Raheem ubaar na sak hai jakar naam ratai hai" meaning Raam and Raheem cannot save you if you repeat those naams. Gurmat Naam is above all other naam. But it is true that repeating these kirtam naam will bear some fruit, but it is not powerful enough to take one to SachKhand.

Guru Sahib over and over says that Gurmat is the greatest of all faiths. It is

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how can u reach god if u prey to jesus... how can u reach god if u do simran on vishnu...

you can only reach god by doing simran on gods name... aka Waheguru, or for muslims ALLAH..

but u cant reach god by doing simran on a prophets name, u can reach a higher state, but u wont reach sachkhand... u can reach other khands but not the ultimate khand which is sachkhand...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Another Silly question, sorryji blush.gif

Well then why did God create all these religions and prophets in the first place? why not make one religion? Only Sikhi? what is the point for other religions and other prophets? Why has God added confusion? :wub:

God didn't create religion bro...MAN did.........................i feel all prophets probably gave the same message but their teachings might have gotten changed by people in authority to suit their needs... as the years went by....but the gem in sikhi is that Our Living Guru Granth Sahib Ji .has the same jyoth as our guru's and the message in Guruji is as it is...........nothing changed or altered!........

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!!

Jedi Singh,

Why did God make the different religions? In the same light, someone could ask, why did he make humans at all? Why are we apart from him?

Who knows? Only Vahiguru.

Other religions serve a purpose. I don't think all souls are evolved enough to want to strive for the goal that Sikhi sets out: sachkhand. Maybe heaven is enough for them.

God didn't create religion bro...MAN did.........................i feel all prophets probably gave the same message but their teachings might have gotten changed by people in authority to suit their needs... as the years went by....but the gem in sikhi is that Our Living Guru Granth Sahib Ji .has the same jyoth as our guru's and the message in Guruji is as it is...........nothing changed or altered!........

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Right on! The problem is the dilution of faith over time. As time has passed, things no longer stay from the heart, and they become rituals, or polluted by religious leaders in power who make arbitrary rules to follow.

It is happening in Sikhi too... but we are blessed by being so recent that it hasn't had that much of an effect yet. The problem is keeping the religon pure to its roots...

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Actually, when guru nanak dev ji dissapeared for i think 3 days while having ishnaan in the pond, thats when he 'met' god and got his 'mission'... and god told guru nanak dev ji that 'I have sent so many people before you, but instead of getting people to worship my name, they have started making people worship themselves, now you have to go and make people worship me, dont let ego take u over.....

so thats why religions are different, they all started out the same, but the prophets got influenced by the 5 evils, and the message got distorted, and than over time it kept gettin more distorted, and thats why guru nanak dev ji came...

JSS Ji, Sikhi is very universal which means if "Waheguru" works for Sikhs then it has to work for all. non-sikhs are not blessed with this name because not everyone finds a diomond. Waheguru is Truth and only true way would lead you to Him. In Sikhi there are more than one way. just in Barah Maha bani there are 12 different ways for us to choose but no matter which one you pick, all lead to Him. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Pheena

Please clarify you point in Bold of Jesus and Muhamed asking God to let them into his Kingdom?? How do you know this? Have you talked to God Personally or have seen them waiting at the Gates??

the Following from Jap Ji Sahib Ji

gwvih eIsru brmw dyvI sohin sdw svwry ]

gaavahi eesar barmaa dayvee sohan sadaa savaaray.

Shiva, Brahma and the Goddess of Beauty, ever adorned, sing.

gwvih ieMd iedwsix bYTy dyviqAw dir nwly ]

gaavahi ind idaasan baithay dayviti-aa dar naalay.

Indra, seated upon His Throne, sings with the deities at Your Door.

This Shabad is by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Raag Gujri on Pannaa 518

pauVI ]

pourree ||

Pauree:

quDu iDAwiein@ byd kqybw sxu KVy ]

thudhh dhhiaaeinih baedh kathaebaa san kharrae ||

The followers of the Vedas, the Bible and the Koran, standing at Your Door, meditate on You.

gxqI gxI n jwie qyrY dir pVy ]

ganathee ganee n jaae thaerai dhar parrae ||

Uncounted are those who fall at Your Door.

bRhmy quDu iDAwiein@ ieMdR ieMdRwsxw ]

brehamae thudhh dhhiaaeinih ei(n)dhr ei(n)dhraasanaa ||

Brahma meditates on You, as does Indra on his throne.

sMkr ibsn Avqwr hir jsu muiK Bxw ]

sa(n)kar bisan avathaar har jas mukh bhanaa ||

Shiva and Vishnu, and their incarnations, chant the Lord's Praise with t

heir mouths,

pIr ipkwbr syK mswiek AaulIey ]

peer pikaabar saekh masaaeik aouleeeae ||

as do the Pirs, the spiritual teachers, the prophets and the Shaykhs, the silent sages and the seers.

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag

Maaroo on Pannaa 1021

bRhmw ibsnu mhysu duAwrY ]

brehamaa bisan mehaes dhuaarai ||

Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva stand at His Door;

aUBy syvih AlK ApwrY ]

oobhae saevehi alakh apaarai ||

they serve the unseen, infinite Lord.

hor kyqI dir dIsY ibllwdI mY gxq n AwvY kweI hy ]14]

hor kaethee dhar dheesai bilalaadhee mai ganath n aavai kaaee hae ||14||

Millions of others can be seen crying at His door; I cannot even estimate their numbers. ||14||

swcI kIriq swcI bwxI ]

saachee keerath saachee baanee ||

True is the Kirtan of His Praise, and True is the Word of His Bani.[/b]

In the sakhi where Maharaj Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji went 'missing' in the river ( he was in Sach Kand), it is said that on his way to Sach Khand he saw the other heavens (those of Jesus, Krishna etc) and saw those prophets praying to Vaheguru to let them into Sach Khand.

Also, when Sri Guru Angad Dev Ji was going to be given the Gurgadi - before he met Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji he used to do Durga pooja (i think bhull chukk muaff), it is sed that Durga visited Bhai Lena and told him to follow Guru Nanak Dev Ji as she herself bows down to Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

I hope this helps Pheena bhen ji :wub: , and i am sorry if i offended you or ne1 in my 1st post or in this 1

bhull chukk muaff ^_^

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!