Sikhi the only way?

Jedi_Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

^_^ Sadhsangat ji thank you soooooooooo soooooooooo soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo MUCH for your input and dealing with my silly questions, it means a lot to me, after reading the things everyone has said, has made me realise a lot and I still have a descion to make and i want to thank you

Now I have another question ok we believe in one god all religions they have that message we all believe in one GOD! But now after reading and how some veerji's and panji's had said that Sikhi is the only way you can get into Sachkhand which is like heaven but more better. Like Singh132 said, those religions can help you reach the epitome of their faith like heaven or paradise, but those are lower than Sach Khand.

one thing I don't get is If we Believe in one GOD then why are differnt places to reach~Meaning why is there a heaven, paradise, sachkhand, we believe in one god we should have one place where everyone can merge with god

I've always been told the God is light and we merge within the light, and now am confused :wub:

If I said anything bad I'm sorry and i mean that from the bottom of my heart, remember I don't know anything

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this age of kalyug only True Guru can save everybody by giving gurmantar. True Guru is only Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Gurmantar is given by Panj Pyare at Amrit Sanchaar.

nwnk gurU gurU hY pUrw imil siqgur nwmu iDAwieAw ]4]5]
vyd kqyb Agocrw vwihgurU guru Sbd suxwXw]

vaedh kathaeb agocharaa vaahiguroo gur shabadh sunaayaa||

The Gurus recited Word-Guru as Vahiguru who is beyond the Vedas and Katebas (the semtic scriptures).

Word Waheguru is the greatest of all. No other religion has "gurmantar" and no prophet is given the title of "Guru". "Satgur Mera Poora" and only Guru Granth Sahib Ji is "Poora Satguru". Guru Ji says:

siqgur kI bwxI siq siq kir jwxhu gurisKhu hir krqw Awip muhhu kFwey ]

sathigur kee baanee sath sath kar jaanahu gurasikhahu har karathaa aap muhahu kadtaaeae ||

O GurSikhs, know that the Bani, the Word of the True Guru, is true, absolutely true. The Creator Lord Himself causes the Guru to chant it.

yes, other religions say their scriptures are "word of god" but whenever mohammad talked he said "I", "my" etc. whenever jesus talked "I will save you" etc. but what about Guru Ji?

nwnku nIcu khY ilv lwie ]8]4]

naanak neech kehai liv laae ||8||4||

Nanak, the lowly, says embrace love for the Lord. ||8||4||

ibnvMiq nwnk Aws qyrI srix swDU rwKu nIcu ]2]

binava(n)th naanak aas thaeree saran saadhhoo raakh neech ||2||

r>Prays Nanak, my hope is in You, Lord; please preserve me, the lowly one, in the Sanctuary of the Holy. ||2||

nwnku nIcu iBiKAw dir jwcY mY dIjY nwmu vfweI hy ]16]1]

naanak neech bhikhiaa dhar jaachai mai dheejai naam vaddaaee hae ||16||1||

Nanak, the lowly, begs for charity at Your Door; please, bless him with the glorious greatness of Your Name. ||16||1||

Now you see, other religions are not free from ego and pride and not 100% true. they talk about going to heaven which is a form of an attachment but Sikhi says no to wordly attachment. heaven is part of the creation hence it is maya. Gursikhs should only be attached to the feet of Guru Ji (Waheguru). goal in SIkhi is to live true way of life. once a mahapurash said: "Life of a true gursikh is so high that even mukti stands at the door begging for darshan of true gursikh." Guru Ji describes Waheguru to be Pure Truth. Guru Ji says "truth is the highest but truthful living is even higher." therefore, a gursikh should try his best to live a true way of life and not worry about going to heaven or sachkhand. true gursikhs live in bhana.

gur Amrdws kwrx krx ijv qU rKih iqv rhau ]4]18]

gur amaradhaas kaaran karan jiv thoo rakhehi thiv reho ||4||18||

O Guru Amar Daas, Doer of deeds, Cause of causes, as You keep me, I remain; as You protect me, I survive. ||4||18||

Sikhi is 100% true. nothing contradicts with science, politics or anything else. just pure truth. is there any religion out there that does not contradict with science? any religion with concept of miri piri, gurmantar, true guru, and seva simran? the answer is no which means only Sikhi goes all the way. other religions don't. believe in whatever you want. but only True Guru Guru Granth Sahib Ji is the savior. no one else. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Jedi Singh,

This is a long discussion, but please bear with me. Sikhi believes in 5 realms that exist in the afterlife. I'll try to describe them here as best as I can.

Dharam Khand: It is here that all souls go once the body dies and it is here they must face the actions they have done in life and receive orders for their new homes. Heaven and Hell are not elevated realms at all, but temporary ones where a soul receives the fruit of karma and once again returns to life forms. Heaven/Jannat are not Sachkhand. They are very much lower than that. Islam and Christianity do not consider heaven or paradise to be union with God, but simply a very nice place for the soul to reside. Merger with God is not a concept they understand. In fact for Muslims it is blasphemy to even suggest it is possible. Why do these other realms even exist? Becaue God is merciful. Whatever the soul desires, that is what it gets. Those souls desire this place of "beauty" with many comforts, and so they get it.

Gian Khand. This is perhaps as high as "regular" people can go. If you read about astral travellers, they will tell you that the highest they can go is a realm of pure light and knowledge. No questions exist, just knowledge. This is also a temporary realm and not the final resting place for the soul. It is here that you will find Krishan, Shiva, Brahma, Indra, Sidhas, Buddha and others (Japji Sahib tells us this).

Sharam Khand. This is where we receive completely new senses and understanding. It is radically different than our consciousness as it is now. Everything from here on in is beyond description and understanding to our bra

ins. Guru Nanak Dev jee tries to let us know but says that if someone tries to describe from here on in, they will regret it. It is as hard as iron (in the words of Guru Nanak) to describe these realms. (That's probably why those spiritual people who describe realms can describe Gian Khand, but nothing more. Because only real bhagti can show us anything higher)

Karam Khand. God is like the sun. His rays are everywhere but he too has place. This is Sachkhand. If Sachkhand is like a home, then karam khand is like the verandah. Saints who have realised that naam is the path to God, but did not have the powerful mantra of Guru Nanak come here. They are very blessed souls.

Sach Khand. This is the Darbaar (court) of God. It cannot be explained. All that can be said is that those who meditate on Gurmat-Naam, the most powerful of mantras and the one with the greatest frequency, come here. It is beyond description.

Amrit is the initiation through which you learn the Mantra of Guru Nanak and receive instructions on how to use it. When the mantra is imparted, some lose all their senses and cannot physically stop reciting it. The jot (divine light) of God is revealed and the more they meditate on the mantra, the brighter it glows. Others who have not such high karma, must work hard at its meditation and eventually they too will reach such a state.

I hope this description has helped.

I heard it somewhere that Sach-Khand can be interpreted as,

SACH-god

KHAND- place to live.

So our body is sach khand because God resides in our body.Every religion tells us the path to identify the God within us.  Gurbani is also inline with this philosiphy.

If that is True Veer ji, then all of us have bodies, The spirit within these bodies is the same, should SachKhand not be availabe to everyone. How is it that Sachkhand be limited to Sikhs Only.

Sachkhand is NOT limited to sikhs only. Anybdy who can get rid of this veil of maya can see God within him or her. God is everywhere, but we need "those eyes" to see Him. Once the illusion of maya is gone then god is everywhere whereever we look.

Its hard to say anything without experiencing that stage. I got the above idea by reading few angs of SGGS ji and few discussions with some of my friendz.

This is what guru ji tell us everywhere in SGGS ji that "sabh gobind hai sabh gobind hai" and "tuun sabni thanee jithee hoon jaeen".

There are certain c

onditions for getting "those eyes" to see God.First and foremost is His grace, rest everything comes along.

I hope I made my point clear here.

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaavaaheguroojeekeefathehhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

JSS Veerjee said:

i really hope you reply and tell me what this giyaan is that you talk about...
Please read Bijla Singh veerjee's post. It used GURBANI as its support. Gurbani has all the answers. Gurbani says this giyaan unique to Sikhi is GURMAT NAAM.

Pheena Veerjee said:

What is SachKhand Veer?

Please read Singh132 veerjee's post. It explains the 5 khands on the basis of GURBANI. These khands are described in Jap Ji Sahib. Only those who have GURMAT NAAM reach Sach Khand, and even that is only if they are a very pure soul.

please forgive my mistakes,

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

vaaheguroojeekeefathehh!!!!

Mahraj Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji says that all religions if followed properly are a way 2 Vaheguru, I do not believe that sikhi is superior to other religions

Where does it say that??? It seems very lovey-dovey to believe that all paths are great and lead to God, but it's patently FALSE.

I've already given shabads from baNee that say that not all paths lead to Vahiguru, where are the lines that say they do?

bak bak vaadh chalaaeiaa bin naavai bikh jaan ||1||

Talking too much, one only starts arguments. Without the Name, everything is poison - know this well. ||1||

byd kqyb khhu mq JUTy JUTw jo n ibcwrY ]

baedh kathaeb kehahu math jhoot(h)ae jhoot(h)aa jo n bichaarai ||

Do not say that the Vedas, the Bible and the Koran are false. Those who do not contemplate them are false.

Basically it's my interpretation of things, everyone has their own personal interpretation of bani that's the beaty of it

The 1st question of Whether Amrit is the only way is a difficult Question and I don&

#39;t think any of us have the answer to this apart from Guru Ji, i say you do ardas and ask for Guru Ji's guidance in this matter ...its best getting your answer from the Guru....that's jus this moorakhs opinion though

bak bak vaadh chalaaeiaa bin naavai bikh jaan ||1||

Talking too much, one only starts arguments. Without the Name, everything is poison - know this well. ||1||

bhull chukk muaff

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?Sour...D=4766&Format=2

pauVI ]

qUM Awpy hI isD swiDko qU Awpy hI jug jogIAw ]

qU Awpy hI rs rsIAVw qU Awpy hI Bog BogIAw ]

qU Awpy Awip vrqdw qU Awpy krih su hogIAw ]

sqsMgiq siqgur DMnu Dnuo DMn DMn Dno ijqu imil hir bulg bulogIAw ]

siB khhu muKhu hir hir hry hir hir hry hir bolq siB pwp lhogIAw ]1]

pourree ||

thoo(n) aapae hee sidhh saadhhiko thoo aapae hee jug jogeeaa ||

thoo aapae hee ras raseearraa thoo aapae hee bhog bhogeeaa ||

thoo aapae aap varathadhaa thoo aapae karehi s hogeeaa ||

sathasa(n)gath sathigur dhha(n)n dhhanuo

dhha(n)n dhha(n)n dhhano jith mil har bulag bulogeeaa ||

sabh kehahu mukhahu har har harae har har harae har bolath sabh paap lehogeeaa ||1||

Pauree:

You Yourself are the Siddha and the seeker; You Yourself are the Yoga and the Yogi.

You Yourself are the Taster of tastes; You Yourself are the Enjoyer of pleasures.

You Yourself are All-pervading; whatever You do comes to pass.

Blessed, blessed, blessed, blessed, blessed is the Sat Sangat, the True Congregation of the True Guru. Join them - speak and chant the Lord's Name.

Let everyone chant together the Name of the Lord, Har, Har, Haray, Har, Har, Haray; chanting Har, all sins are washed away. ||1||

as of Maharaj SAche Patsha being the true Guru in Kalyug there is no douyt off, but what about the millions and biliions of people wjo lived before Maharaj ji's time, no1 out of them went to Sach Khand?

there was a thread on TApoban trying to prove tha all the BHagat Sahibans who's bani is in Maharaj Sache patsha met at ayodya with Guru Nanak Dev ji,

however tha is not possible, as Bhagat Navmdev ji is said to have lived 1270 AD

http://allaboutsikhs.com/bhagats/bhagatnamdev.htm

made a quick search of google, and noted tha a hand full of website (atleast the few first) said 1270 - seems to make sense :T:

What is my point?

Without doubt Maharaj s THE TRue Guru, but tha dones't mean thers no others, are you doubting Bhagat Namdev jiis in Sach Kha

nd :T:

Where does MAharaj ji say - he is the ONLY he - Maharaj ji says Bani is the true way, but does he say he is the ONLY way, that would contradict to Guru Nanak Dev ji's Wonderful Bani -

nwnku nIcu khY ilv lwie ]8]4]

naanak neech kehai liv laae ||8||4||

Nanak, the lowly, says embrace love for the Lord. ||8||4||

bhull chukk maaf...

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

sorry kp...none of the gurbani tuks provided by bijla singh veer say that gurmat naam is THE ONLY naaam....

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa,

vaaheguroojeekeefatheh!!!

One of my biggest faults is that i read gurbani but sometimes purposely ignore what it says. gurbani is the ultimate truth.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji has said:

when i grasped your arm, since then i wouldn't even face towards another

countless people remember raam, raheem, the puranas and kuran - i don't follow any of them.

countless people recite the simrittis, shastras, vaydas and other holy texts - i don't recognize any of them.

Oh Great Sword of Immortal Truth, show your mercy. I am not speaking, this is all your command.

It cannot be ignored that there is one naam, one shabad, one bani, and one guru - that is the teaching of Gurbani.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but I will continue to believe in Guru Granth Sahib jee as the "shabad roop" of Akaal Purakh, and the Guru of the world.

please forgive my mistakes

vaaheguroojeekaakhaalsaa

vaaheguroojeekeefatheh!!!

[font=Gurba

niWebThick]Avro n jwxih sbid gur kY eyku nwmu iDAwvhy ][/font]

avaro n jaanehi sabadh gur kai eaek naam dhhiaavehae ||

Dwelling upon the Word of the Guru's Shabad, he does not know any other; he meditates on the One Name of the Lord.

Bhatt (Baba) Sundar

Raag Raamkalee

eyko nwmu hukmu hY nwnk siqguir dIAw buJwie jIau ]5]

eaeko naam hukam hai naanak sathigur dheeaa bujhaae jeeo ||5||

The One Name is the Lord's Command; O Nanak, the True Guru has given me this understanding. ||5||

Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Siree Raag

mY Avru igAwnu n iDAwnu pUjw hir nwmu AMqir vis rhy ]

mai avar giaan n dhhiaan poojaa har naam a(n)thar vas rehae ||

I have no other spiritual wisdom, meditation or worship; the Name of the Lord alone dwells deep within me.

r>

Guru Nanak Dev Ji

Raag Bilaaval

gurdyv dwqw hir nwmu aupdysY gurdyv mMqu inroDrw ]

guradhaev dhaathaa har naam oupadhaesai guradhaev ma(n)th nirodhharaa ||

The Divine Guru is the Giver, the Teacher of the Lord's Name. The Divine Guru is the Mantra which never fails.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Raag Gauree

eyko mMqRü idRVwey AauKDu scu nwmu ird gwiexw ]2]

eaeko ma(n)thra dhrirraaeae aoukhadhh sach naam ridh gaaeinaa ||2||

He shall administer the medicine, the One Mantra of the One Name. Sing the True Name within your heart. ||2||

Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Raag Maaroo

pan style='font-family:GurbaniWebThick'>bwxI mMqRü mhw purKn kI mnih auqwrn mWn kau ]

baanee ma(n)thra mehaa purakhan kee manehi outhaaran maa(n)n ko ||

Bani is the greatest Mantra of all. It eradicates pride from the mind.

Guru Arjan Dev Ji

Raag Saarang

sloku mÚ 1 ]

salok ma 1 ||

Shalok, First Mehl:

sqI pwpu kir squ kmwih ]

sathee paap kar sath kamaahi ||

Men of charity gather wealth by committing sins, and then give it away in donations to charity.

gur dIiKAw Gir dyvx jwih ]

gur dheekhiaa ghar dhaevan jaahi ||

Their spiritual teachers go to their homes to instruct them.

iesqrI purKY KitAY Bwau ]

eisatharee purakhai khattiai bhaao |

124;

The woman loves the man only for his wealth;

BwvY Awvau BwvY jwau ]

bhaavai aavo bhaavai jaao ||

they come and go as they please.

swsqu bydu n mwnY koie ]

saasath baedh n maanai koe ||

No one obeys the Shaastras or the Vedas.

Awpo AwpY pUjw hoie ]

aapo aapai poojaa hoe ||

Everyone worships himself.

kwjI hoie kY bhY inAwie ]

kaajee hoe kai behai niaae ||

Becoming judges, they sit and administer justice.

Pyry qsbI kry Kudwie ]

faerae thasabee karae khudhaae ||

They chant on their malas, and call upon God.

vFI lY kY hku gvwey ]

vadtee lai kai hak gavaaeae ||

tyle='color:080088'>They accept bribes, and block justice.

jy ko puCY qw piV suxwey ]

jae ko pushhai thaa parr sunaaeae ||

If someone asks them, they read quotations from their books.

qurk mMqRü kin irdY smwih ]

thurak ma(n)thra kan ridhai samaahi ||

The Muslim scriptures are in their ears and in their hearts.

lok muhwvih cwVI Kwih ]

lok muhaavehi chaarree khaahi ||

They plunder the people, and engage in gossip and flattery.

caukw dy kY sucw hoie ]

choukaa dhae kai suchaa hoe ||

They anoint their kitchens to try to become pure.

AYsw ihMdU vyKhu koie ]

aisaa hi(n)dhoo vaekhahu koe ||

Behold, such is the Hindu.

jogI igrhI jtw ibBUq ]

[color=

080088]jogee girehee jattaa bibhooth ||[/color]

The Yogi, with matted hair and ashes on his body, has become a householder.

AwgY pwCY rovih pUq ][/color]

aagai paashhai rovehi pooth ||

The children weep in front of him and behind him.

jogu n pwieAw jugiq gvweI ]

jog n paaeiaa jugath gavaaee ||

He does not attain Yoga - he has lost his way.

ikqu kwrix isir CweI pweI ]

kith kaaran sir shhaaee paaee ||

Why does he apply ashes to his forehead?

nwnk kil kw eyhu prvwxu ]

naanak kal kaa eaehu paravaan ||

O Nanak, this is the sign of the Dark Age of Kali Yuga;

Awpy AwKxu Awpy jwxu ]1]

aapae aakhan aapae jaan ||1||

everyone says that he himself knows. ||1||

__

iekw bwxI ieku guru ieko sbdu vIcwir ]

eikaa baanee eik gur eiko sabadh veechaar ||

There is One Bani; there is One Guru; there is one Shabad to contemplate.

Guru Amar Daas Ji

Raag Sorath

This Shabad is by Guru Raam Daas Ji in Raag Soohee on Pannaa 733

sy Bgq sy syvkw ijnw hir nwmu ipAwrw ]

sae bhagath sae saevakaa jinaa har naam piaaraa ||

They alone are devotees, and they alone are selfless servants, who love the Lord's Name.

iqn kI syvw qy hir pweIAY isir inMdk kY pvY Cwrw ]3]

thin kee saevaa thae har paaeeai sir ni(n)dhak kai pavai shhaaraa ||3||

By their selfless service, they find the Lord, while ashes fall on the heads of the slanderers. ||3||

ijsu Gir ivrqI soeI jwxY jgq gur nwnk pUiC krhu bIcwrw ]

jis ghar virathee soee jaanai jagath gur naanak pooshh karahu beechaaraa ||

He alone knows this, who experiences it within the home of his own self. Ask Guru Nanak, the Guru of the world, and reflect upon it.

chu pIVI Awid jugwid bKIlI iknY n pwieE hir syvk Bwie insqwrw ]4]2]9]

chahu peerree aadh jugaadh bakheelee kinai n paaeiou har saevak bhaae nisathaaraa ||4||2||9||

Throughout the four generations of the Gurus, from the beginning of time and throughout the ages, no one has ever found the Lord by back-biting and undermining. Only by serving the Lord with love, is one emancipated. ||4||2||9||

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh..!!

i NEVER thought i'd add sikhi to that list....

but oh well...here it goes...

Funny how the SIKH gurus took ten lives (on top of leaving us with dhan dhan sri guru granth sahib ji) to teach us universal love and brotherhood...funny how they had friends who were both hindu and sikh....funny how the first brick layed at darbar sahib was done by a sufi saint...funny how darbar sahib's doors face four directions...funny how NOWHERE in guru granth sahib does it say that ONLY sikhs of guru sahib will be saven....YET...today we have people on this board and others saying how sikhi is the only way....vah vah vah....how many years did it take us to get here?...only 400 hundred years?...i'd hate to imagine what will happen in the next 400 years.....

sadh sangat jeeo... i think JSS veerji's post was a big slap in the face for everybody... i mean i've heard this kind of thing where 'our religion is the only one' blah blah blah.. i's all nonsense.. i mean i would expect to hear this type of thingz from CERTAIN followers of other religions such as Christianity or Islam ..no disrespect to them at ALL, but i myself and several people i know have been told by their followers that 'ISLAM IS THE ONLY RELIGION, IF U DON'T FOLLOW ISLAM YOU WILL GO TO HELL' etc... that sorta thing.. but tha's all bull****....

i see everybody g

oing around grabbing shabads from here and there.. grabbing a line from one shabad and another line from a diff shabad.... in every religion they believe in one supreme lord which they call god.. We call it Vaheguru, in Islam, Allah etc...

lemme point u guyz back to the VERY FIRST thing u will see from our 11th Guru.. EK OANKAR.... now i wan't u guyz to really think bout that.. GOD IS ONE.... but don't stop there.. LOOK DEEPER.. everybody these dayz takes translations from shabads as JUST wht they translate.. we all have to look DEEPER.. in almost every shabad and every tuk there is a DEEPER meaning to what i's saying.. and there's small words that we might mistake.. i.e. Hinduism for Hindus...etc...

like i said in one'a my first posts... EVERY RELIGION leads to God.... Guru... Allah... in Sikhi.. we believe our path is the FASTEST and best for SIKHS... i encourage people to listen to kathha's by parminder singh on gurmatstudies.com.... in one'a them (i forget which one) he says just that... that every religion has a path to god... we believe ours is the most straight path....

now to say that Sikhi is the ONLY path to Guru Jee is LUDICROUS..!! this type of thing would REALLY offend some people.. and probably about 90% of the world.. how would u feel if followers of Islam were coming up to you and sayin ISLAM is the only way and followers of SIKHI will NOT get to God.. that Islam is the only path to Guru Jee..... THINK about what u people are saying... if u read Gurbani carefully.. Our Guru's did not criticize the religions themselves.. they criticized their followers and the rituals their followers created...

now tell me.. is there ANY difference between God, Allah or Vaheguru ???

EK OANKAR..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bhul chuk maaf....

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh..???