Sikhi the only way?

Jedi_Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

EVERYONE must read the gurbani quotes posted by khalsapreet. THat's the guru jees answer to this topic.

Nobody here is hating other religions so pls stop assuming that the members who are saying "Sikhi is the way to reach God" are lost ppls or fanatics who are on the way to destroy other religions and throwing dirt on them. Our history shows that we don't hate on the basis of their religious statues as many other communities do that. We respect other religious community more than they respect us.

As being Sikh, I do know that sikhi is the straight forward religion which offers you a straight lane highway towards the truth destination. If other religions offered this type of teachings then it wouldn't take 10 sacchay patshah gurus to come to this world to teach humans the truth way. Why our guru sahib jee would even bothered to do that if other religion offer us the truth and real way to live truthful living ?? In sikhi our belief is to respect other religious teachings no matter what their beliefs are and what color, race, caste they belong to. Sikhism is on its own place with its own style.

I agree with immortal singh sahib it's our guru sahib who bless human (us) in a sikh family and if we keep up with it's teaching.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If other religions have 100% truth and there is another way to get naam then there was no need to start Sikhi. Gurbani says that Naam can only be obtained from a True Guru. is there a true Guru other than Guru Granth Sahib Ji? what is the other way to get naam? enlighten me. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

If other religions have 100% truth and there is another way to get naam then there was no need to start Sikhi. Gurbani says that Naam can only be obtained from a True Guru. is there a true Guru other than Guru Granth Sahib Ji? what is the other way to get naam? enlighten me. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

i''mmmm sorry...whaaaaaaat?? i dunno what your parents taught you singha, and i'm extremely afraid if you're going to teach your kids that "sikhi started cuz all them other faiths were false"

singhji, you KNOW that what heerasingh is pretty much on the ball.. not the religion, but the followers that SCREWED things up by bringing up all these rituals... so you and i BOTH know that Satguru Nanak Dev Ji started the Sikh Dharma for the reason that these other followers of other faiths brought in all these ridiculous rituals....

singhji, i'm afraid by saying that alll other faiths are not true, then we're not in kaljug anymore.... and we ALL know that's not true... i mean, let's face it, if a religion was begun where, all of a sudden, only THAT ONE religion led to God, that'd basically be the end of kaljug...

It's all pride...all of everyone's reasons here are motivated by pride........ Proud to be A Sikh...is that WRONG? hellllllllll no... but it definitely is wrong when you start saying the sa

me <admin-profanity filter activated> that a bunch of extremist islamic followers spread.........

Thank the Beauitful Lord we're not missionary, because otherwise we'd be causing alotta damage in this world.... Sikhi is a gem in the rough to be discovered, not a gem to be thrust into people's purses even if they don't want it..... so i'm definitely extremely happy we're no missionaries.........

Bijla Singh, no one can tell you you're wrong... you're just saying your opinions... i wholeheartedly, definitely, without question, UNEQUIVOCALLY disagree with your opinion above.... it's sad that you would say something that would imply that absolutely no one reached God before 1469........

and i tried So hard to stay in my cave, but i coudn't help myself after reading that..i'll go away again.

Lines from some shabds to contemplate on

burw Blw n pCwxY pRwxI AwgY pMQu krwrw ]

buraa bhalaa n pashhaanai praanee aagai pa(n)thh karaaraa ||

Mortal beings do not distinguish between good and evil, and the road ahead is treacherous.

glNØI AsI cMgIAw AwcwrI burIAwh ]

gala(n)aee asee cha(n)geeaa aachaaree bureeaah ||

We are good at talking, but our actions are bad.

krxI kwbw scu pIru klmw krm invwj ]

karanee kaabaa sach peer kalamaa karam nivaaj ||

Let good conduct be your Kaabaa, Truth your spiritual guide, and the karma of good deeds your prayer and chant.

burw Blw koeI n khIjY ]

buraa bhalaa koee n keheejai ||

Do not say that anyone is good or bad

krm Drm nym bRq pUjw ]

karam dhharam naem brath poojaa ||

The karma of good actions, the Dharma of righteous living, religious rituals, fasts and worship

nw hm krm n Drm suc pRiB gih Bujw AwpwieE ]4]

le='color:080088'>naa ham karam n dhharam such prabh gehi bhujaa aapaaeiou ||4||

I have no good karma; I have no Dharmic faith or purity. But God has taken me by the arm, and made me His own. ||4||

OKAY....the point is that these lines are from our Satguru...Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.....Why fight over who's better...Thank Waheguru ji For showing us the Gem that Sikhi has and do ardas for our other brothers and sisters who haven't had the fortune to see this Gem as yet...... pray.gif

japmans, please answer my questions then. anyone greater than Guru Ji? people bring rituals in Sikhi too. look how many people follow bipran ki reet, how many women do "karva choath", how many people don't wash their hair on wednesday or thursday, how many people born in sikh families question Amrit. Now, tell me do people need another religion. it is not about people following the rituals because if that was the case then that would've been no problems because truth was there and you cannot say every single person forgot about his/her religion and started following rituals. most people in sikhi follow rituals but that does not mean there are not people who don't follow Sikhi 100%. there are always people like that in every religion.

Bhai Gurdas Ji clearly wrote in his vaars that the reason Guru Ji came to this world was to eliminate darkness of lies and ignorance which means other religions failed. I did not say no one reached God b4 1469 but I don't think Sikhi is about reaching God because it is not under anyone's control and only Waheguru decides who merges and who doesn't. whoever reached higher state was through bhagtee and we know many bhagats who reached that avastha after doing so much naam simran for so many years but Guru Ji showed the easiest way and said no to all others. Guru Ji rejects hinduism and islam and showed a new way. in other religions, a follower can't even be equal to his prophet let alone reaching god. I don't know what your parenst taught you all about "modernism" but what I have learned is that without Naam no one can get there and Only True Guru can give you Naam. True Guru is only Guru Granth Sahib Ji and no one else. W

aheguru Ji sent Jot Nanak because other religions failed to serve the purpose anymore. Of course you can say other religions can lead you to God, no doubt about it but getting there is the main question. if other religions had 100% truth then Guru Ji could've showed us the same truth and taught us to follow the same path that existed before. why did He have to start a new way? other religions are not 100% true. god created everything in six days and allah only likes muslims..blah blah blah. you might call me ignorant or compare me to mullahs but I rather be ignorant and have faith in my Guru Ji than be a "modern" person. if there is a way in other religions that does not contradict with Sikhi then sure that way will get you there. but I do not know of any. End of discussion. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Kulpreet singh.....

I don't appreciate being accused of ignoring gurbani...i know you didn't come right out and say it....but you and i both know what you meant....

I will say this much....and i sincerely hope you will pay attention

the translations you or any of these other singhs here pull of sikhitothemax or someother search engine are NOT the BE ALL END ALL....

i have not ignored a SINGLE gurbani line you've writtend down...but i HAVE contentions with the "translations"...gurbani is meant to be heard from the heart and only the heart can tell you the true meanings...so UNDERSTAND THIS...gurbani can have different meanings..the meanings can differ than the literal meanings....

in fact the literal translations you provide are just that LITERAL...nothing more.!....and many gurmukhs say there are 4 to 5 levels of understanding and guess what...the literal translation is ONLY the first level...the other levels of understanding come through by doing simran and seva....

i didn't make this 4 to 5 levels thing up....you can look this up in gurbani vichars...

i'm not saying i'm a saint or that i have a deeper understanding of gurbani...i'm just saying using gurbani as reference is pointless unless YOU yourself are a puran gurmukh and live breathe and understand gurbani....otherwise the interpretation may be off.

oh just to make clear...i have read the gurbani lines you provided and none of them tell me that sikhi is the only path......

Bijla singh....

it's pretty pathetic that you would make judgements or people or their parents and start making labels for people that disagree with you...

this has nothing to do with "modernism"

i don't konw where you're coming from...but saying sikhi isn't the only way is DEFINATELY not modernism....

many gurmukhs have said the same things in the past....read bhai vir singh ji's books, or prof. puran singh ji's books...two very respected singhs in the panth...they never say that sikhi is the only way....

in fact...you might wanna check out the kathas of Bhai Parminder singh ji (of damdami taksal)...you'll see the respect he gives to other religions....he even uses examples from other religions to make concepts more clear....

oh Singh veer....

NOONE is ASSUMING anything...no one is asssuming that peope on this thread are saying sikhi is the only way....there's no NEED for an assumption...thos who feel that way have made themselves very explicit about it....

perhaps you should reread the posts.....