Taking amrit

Guest Amrit189

Guest Amrit189

I am thinking of taking amrit. But I'm worried on one side as I have been in love with this Sikh guy and can't stop thinking about him. I'm worried what if I take amrit still have feelings for him.but not lustful feelings but in love with him still is that Okay? 

Also what banks should amritdhari read?

Can I speak in English to panj pyaare? 

When a women is on her month can she wear kachi then kachera?

Many thanks in advance 

Guest Name
10 hours ago, Guest Amrit189 said:

I am thinking of taking amrit. But I'm worried on one side as I have been in love with this Sikh guy and can't stop thinking about him. I'm worried what if I take amrit still have feelings for him.but not lustful feelings but in love with him still is that Okay? 

When a women is on her month can she wear kachi then kachera?

Many thanks in advance 

Are you punjabi? If so why do you want in talk english?? And you must wear kachera at all times, even in the shower. Instead of asking such a basic question "what banis do we need to read", search it up. And why are you saying "what banis should amritdhari say". All sikhs regardless if they are amritdhari should do 7 banis MINIMUM.

You want to take amrit without researching what to do. You can be sure that you are going to have to go pesh, taking amrit is important for spirtual advancement. So before taking amrit, try and control yourself, keep rehit for 1 year without breaking a day, do naam simran for 1 hour minimum. If you can keep it up, then take amrit.

I personally am going to keep rehit for 2-5 years before i take amrit so ik that i can keep rehit for my whole life.

4 hours ago, Guest Name said:

And you must wear kachera at all times, even in the shower.

That is true, but that's not what she is asking. She is asking if a kachi may be worn in addition to a kachera. That would be like if you had wound on your forehead, and wore a bandage on it, and then tied a turban over it.

4 hours ago, Guest Name said:

So before taking amrit, try and control yourself, keep rehit for 1 year without breaking a day, do naam simran for 1 hour minimum. If you can keep it up, then take amrit.

Good advice.

15 hours ago, Guest Amrit189 said:

But I'm worried on one side as I have been in love with this Sikh guy and can't stop thinking about him. I'm worried what if I take amrit still have feelings for him.but not lustful feelings but in love with him still is that Okay? 

It's OK to the extent that you haven't acted out on those feelings, and have kept them confined to your mind, which is where they should remain. You should not given encouragement to you mind to increase such feelings. It'll lead you astray. You would be well advised to clear your head before you seek Amrit.

Also read this thread on Dating and Sikhism:

Can you not understand Punjabi? If not, how can you read Bani? If you can't read Bani, how can you do Nitnem, meaningfully? You might want to learn Punjabi/Gurmukhi, learn to read Gurbani, before you ask for Amrit.

Banis?  In the morning:

Japji Sahib

Jaap Sahib

Sawayay (Sravag Sudh)

Chaupai

Anand Sahib

Evening: Rehras

Night: Kirtan Sohila

Sometimes people say to do less, but you should still do these, and the vast majority of Amritdharis do do so. If you're confused about this, post again.

Guest Gupt

It's a lot more relaxed than that bibi jee, guru sahibs hukam for what happens. You will experience over the first few years after taking amrit that it is totally different to what everyone thinks. Don't worry about what rehit etc just don't commit the bujjar kurehits. Your own pyar for guru sahib will shape your actions and it will all be blessed. Akaaal.

10 hours ago, Guest Name said:

Are you punjabi? If so why do you want in talk english?? And you must wear kachera at all times, even in the shower. Instead of asking such a basic question "what banis do we need to read", search it up. And why are you saying "what banis should amritdhari say". All sikhs regardless if they are amritdhari should do 7 banis MINIMUM.

You want to take amrit without researching what to do. You can be sure that you are going to have to go pesh, taking amrit is important for spirtual advancement. So before taking amrit, try and control yourself, keep rehit for 1 year without breaking a day, do naam simran for 1 hour minimum. If you can keep it up, then take amrit.

I personally am going to keep rehit for 2-5 years before i take amrit so ik that i can keep rehit for my whole life.

Firstly the minimum nitnem accepting by Akal Takth Sahib is 5 baania, not 7. (I don't believe in the SRM as the bare minimum but there are a number of panthic organisations who do).

Secondly, one doesn't need to practice rehat for a year, that's utter bull****. You practice rehat for how long you want to, you just need to see if you can maintain it. If you break it, extend it or otherwise make the decision to carry on or take amrit. Daas did not practice amrit for a year, only 2 months.

Stop saying instructions and give suggestions. It's not for you to decide what the minimum baania are or when to take amrit.

6 hours ago, BhForce said:

That is true, but that's not what she is asking. She is asking if a kachi may be worn in addition to a kachera. That would be like if you had wound on your forehead, and wore a bandage on it, and then tied a turban over it.

I know some amritdhari bibian who say they wear a kachi under their kachera, depends on if the Sikh himself/herself is comfortable with it.

It's OK to the extent that you haven't acted out on those feelings, and have kept them confined to your mind, which is where they should remain. You should not given encouragement to you mind to increase such feelings. It'll lead you astray. You would be well advised to clear your head before you seek Amrit.

Also read this thread on Dating and Sikhism:

I agree with you on this, it's better to take care of the feelings or trust me they will burden you after amrit. Dealing with it now prevents further actions in the future.

Can you not understand Punjabi? If not, how can you read Bani? If you can't read Bani, how can you do Nitnem, meaningfully? You might want to learn Punjabi/Gurmukhi, learn to read Gurbani, before you ask for Amrit.

Every amritdhari is entitled to listen to gurbani if the person wishes to.

Banis?  In the morning:

Japji Sahib

Jaap Sahib

Sawayay (Sravag Sudh)

Chaupai

Anand Sahib

Evening: Rehras

Night: Kirtan Sohila

Sometimes people say to do less, but you should still do these, and the vast majority of Amritdharis do do so. If you're confused about this, post again.

The minimum baania according to Sri Akal Takth Sahib which most Sikhs accept as minimum are:

Morning:

Japji Sahib

Jaap Sahib

Tav Parsaid Savaiye

Evening:

Rehras Sahib (with Chaupai Sahib and Anand Sahib) (Short rehras is minimum here)

Before Bed:

Kirtan Sohila

Conclude morning nitnem and evening nitnem with an ardaas.

10 hours ago, monatosingh said:

I know some amritdhari bibian who say they wear a kachi under their kachera, depends on if the Sikh himself/herself is comfortable with it.

I agree with you on this, it's better to take care of the feelings or trust me they will burden you after amrit. Dealing with it now prevents further actions in the future.

Every amritdhari is entitled to listen to gurbani if the person wishes to.

The minimum baania according to Sri Akal Takth Sahib which most Sikhs accept as minimum are:

Morning:

Japji Sahib

Jaap Sahib

Tav Parsaid Savaiye

Evening:

Rehras Sahib (with Chaupai Sahib and Anand Sahib) (Short rehras is minimum here)

Before Bed:

Kirtan Sohila

Conclude morning nitnem and evening nitnem with an ardaas.

Wait what really? No chaupai sahib anand sahib in the morning?? Shocking

Guest Name
17 hours ago, BhForce said:

Opps i think i misread what she said.

11 hours ago, monatosingh said:

Firstly the minimum nitnem accepting by Akal Takth Sahib is 5 baania, not 7. (I don't believe in the SRM as the bare minimum but there are a number of panthic organisations who do).

Secondly, one doesn't need to practice rehat for a year, that's utter bull****. You practice rehat for how long you want to, you just need to see if you can maintain it. If you break it, extend it or otherwise make the decision to carry on or take amrit. Daas did not practice amrit for a year, only 2 months.

Stop saying instructions and give suggestions. It's not for you to decide what the minimum baania are or when to take amrit.

kid, first of all it was only my opinion. Yes you do not need to practice rehat before you take amrit, but what about after? For example, i am an average "punjabi" person. I cut hair, eat meat and drink alcohol.

So 1 day I want to take amrit. So i take amrit. I get ready to set my alarm clock at 3 o clock. Then when 3 o clock comes, i want to sleep so i just snooze alarm. I realise i missed amritvela so I do paath after, but then i find out that jaap sahib is too hard for me to do and it takes too long or I dont feel like doing paath, so you miss paath. Then i go without meat and alcohol for a few days...... But then i see it at subway and mcdonalds and stuff. So i just go and eat it, knowing that im not supposed to, then i feel like some alchol so i get some. Now i realise ive broken rehat, but now i dont care cause i dont want to keep rehat as its "too hard"

What wrong thing did i say when i said  "practice rehat before taking amrit", i said 1 year minimum as for some people that is enough to convince them that they can keep rehat, but others may take longer. Think about it. When you go to school you prepare everything the day before (books, pens and stuff), you just dont go to school and say "OH MISS I DONT FEEL LIKE BRINGING MY PENS TO SCHOOL SO NOW IM NOT GONNA COME HERE".

ITS 7 BANIS MINIMUM, who ever said 5 banis minimum is wrong, that is man made. Saints have done 7 banis not 5 ever..... they have never done short rehraas either..... why? CAUSE GURU JI DID NOT SAY 5 HE SAID 7, as for rehraas being different, I personally consider damdami taksaal as the  minimum rehraas. But the sad thing is that nowadays were calling it "damdami taksaals rehraas".... 

10 hours ago, Dsinghdp said:

Don’t make too many rules because people will run away from taking holy Amrit.

There are only 4 kurehits.

Running away from amrit (when you know its affects) is basically suicide. 

4 hours ago, S4NGH said:

Wait what really? No chaupai sahib anand sahib in the morning?? Shocking

Hanji, if you look at puratan rehitnamr it doesn't quite mention chaupai sahib and and sahib.

This doesn't mean you can't read or listen to them, nitnem should be longer.