Low Sikh numbers kept us from getting our empire back in 1947 .

My dad always said the Sikhs got the worst deal / no deal of any group during partition. My family lived in a majority Sikh area with no problems at all - although I do wonder about the experience of Sikhs living in the opposite situation. Perhaps history might have been different if there were more Sikhs in Punjabi?

Looking at what is happening in Europe today in much smaller counties, I don’t think China, India or Pakistan for that matter will be the same in a 100 years or so.  How can such diverse countries of these sizes not change? Both India and Pakistan are hurried creations using a stroke of a pen on a map.

Surely there will be a Sikh state in some shape or form? For now the focus should be on preserving Sikh history and monuments outside of India, but unfortunately in places like Afghanistan that could be challenging!

On 5/2/2018 at 11:27 PM, TejS said:

Although this may sound silly to some, this is why we should have more children (5 will give a substantial increase per generation).

No, it's not silly. (Though it does seem silly to wishy-washy Sikhs who would be just fine with the Panth of Guru Nanak Dev ji vanishing from this Earth.)

Muslims converted a lot of people, but they had a lot of children as well to increase the numbers.

Props to the jihadis where they deserve it.

We should also be looking to marrying out other ethnicities and bringing them into our religious fold, not the other way around which is more common.

OK, interesting idea, but the problem then becomes we're intellectual dummies who have no feeling for our religion nor do we understand its grand doctrines. Thus rendering the plan of marrying others and bringing them in useless.