Why don’t “chamars” use the surname Singh

Guest Singh

Guest Singh

I know castes are stupid and they make no sense but why don’t the majority if not all chamars have Singh in their name. I come from a “jatt” family and even before I have taken Amrit my family kept Singh as their last name (no ones amritdhari apart from me, I’m only 17), even in school all my friends have singh either as their last or middle name, and my “chamar” friends don’t have it. Why don’t they have it? I thought they were Sikh as well as they have Maharaj saroop in ravidas gurdware? (I know all gurdware are caste free, but let’s be real they really aren’t)

10 hours ago, Guest Singh said:

I know castes are stupid and they make no sense but why don’t the majority if not all chamars have Singh in their name. I come from a “jatt” family and even before I have taken Amrit my family kept Singh as their last name (no ones amritdhari apart from me, I’m only 17), even in school all my friends have singh either as their last or middle name, and my “chamar” friends don’t have it. Why don’t they have it? I thought they were Sikh as well as they have Maharaj saroop in ravidas gurdware? (I know all gurdware are caste free, but let’s be real they really aren’t)

possibly they feel it may invite trouble from high caste people Hindu especially . There was a piece on this on tv84  today  describing the incident of dalits using Singh on their wedding invites caused hindu 'higher' castes to flip their bonnets in Gujarat