Why play Tabla and wear leather jackets?

Guest learner singh

Why do we let people make "Tablas" and play it at Gurdwara Sahib because people are killing so many goats to make tablas, and it should be protested. Also, leather jackets are also made of animals skins. There are so much to mention but I think I made my point...

Whats your feedback?

I was made aware that all *tabla material* are made by the skin of goats who died natural death (the only one sikh raggis use, not all classical indian tabla). Yes one can get ahold of a tabla of a goat skin killed specially for selling tabla purpose, but to make sure one can always buy a tabla from a shop which u can trust.

As of leather jackets.. I don't wear one.. and don't know about others.. but i guess it's wrong to wear one.. cauz we all know the more demand of leather in market will increase more killings of innocent animals..

others feedback..

Guest SikhForLife

leather shoes?

belts?

leather in the car?

veero.. there are so many things that we do..

lets not become Jains and close our mouths when we breathe in order to prevent life from dying..

we kill so many things everyday.. without knowing or thinking twice...

this is God's system..

and in the olden days the Chaur Sahib was made with cows tail..

this is just how it is.. we kill fruits and plants.. we kill animals and insects..

we should keep praying and stay attuned to God.. and not let these things bother us.. remember God is everywhere

Guest learner singh
leather shoes?

belts?

leather in the car?

veero.. there are so many things that we do..

lets not become Jains and close our mouths when we breathe in order to prevent life from dying..

we kill so many things everyday.. without knowing or thinking twice...

this is God's system..

and in the olden days the Chaur Sahib was made with cows tail..

this is just how it is.. we kill fruits and plants.. we kill animals and insects..

we should keep praying and stay attuned to God.. and not let these things bother us.. remember God is everywhere

My point is simple that don't turn sikhism into jainism but live by sikhism. We have no problem when we use Tabla of Goat's skin but we do have problem with Nihangs.... I'm not trying to defend Nihangs but im not convinced with people's biased approach to meat and stuff if Nihangs do but they have no problem when they are beating the out of Tabla while doing Kirtan.

Sikhs have made sikhism same as jainism, and soon you will see that it will turn into whahbiism in western countries, where it will be sin if you question anything and you have to follow extreme views of sikhism...

The thing is why swear on Nihangs for killing goat when we use goat's skin tabla? it doesn't make sense to me.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Guest learner singh
i don't htink ur nihung arguement is a valid one, nihungs do eat meat yes, and they do eat goat meat, but no all nihungs, its a chocie system.

BUt glorfiying an animals death ie. those 2 sites is just ridiculous

Gabroo veer,

Are you going to say samething for Bhai Gurdas ji as well? He is glorifying it as well?

‘An elephant’s flesh is not edible for he is full of pride,

The lion is also full of pride of its strength so no one eats it either,

Humble is the goat it gains honour in the here after and this world,

In all celebrations is it [the meat], acknowledged,

It [the meat], sanctifies religious gatherings and feasts,

Its meat is ‘Pavitar’ [good/sacred] for the householder,

From its entrails [tendons] is string for instruments made that when they play, attracts holy men in meditation

From it’s skin are shoes made, which holy feet wear as they go to seek holy protection [to Guru].

With its skin are bound drums with which ‘Kirtan’ [religious songs], are sung,

Hence, they [goat-skin bound drums] give great comfort.

The holy gathering is coming into the Guru’s protection.’

(Bhai Gurdas Ji’s Varan, Bhai Gurdas, ‘// 23, Pauri 16’)

Admin Note: Anymore misquotes of bani or bhai gurdaas jees vara will not be tolerated and will be dele

ted. This is a complete mistranslation and misrepresentation of the original spirit of the vaar.

paji learner singh, one quote, but if u started finding quotes against meat eating its endless...

so does this mean we should tgake pride in taking life, of a defenseless animal???

i'm not goin gto argue against meat eating, because its clear by hukamn of akaal takht that its ones choice.

So if u r, theres no need to take pics of killing it, and then posting it over the net. It does'nt exactly give the rite image, because the majority of sikhs are not supportive of murder.

But the nang excuse is because it teaches how they can kill a human with a sword. What sort of hrose <admin-cut> is that??? u think th ehumans gonna bow over on all fours juss so the person can be ready to blow it.... i dont' think so.......

aaj kaal the sword is of no use in real life war-fare, its the day of the gun...so lets line goats up and put a bullet to its head

Guest sikh4life

thats an interesting point..

aaj kaal the sword is of no use in real life war-fare, its the day of the gun...so lets line goats up and put a bullet to its head

we should be able to change and adapt with the changes

Guest learner singh
paji learner singh, one quote, but if u started finding quotes against meat eating its endless...

so does this mean we should tgake pride in taking life, of a defenseless animal???

i'm not goin gto argue against meat eating, because its clear by hukamn of akaal takht that its ones choice.

So if u r, theres no need to take pics of killing it, and then posting it over the net. It does'nt exactly give the rite image, because the majority of sikhs are not supportive of murder.

But the nang excuse is because it teaches how they can kill a human with a sword. What sort of hrose <admin-cut> is that??? u think th ehumans gonna bow over on all fours juss so the person can be ready to blow it.... i dont' think so.......

Quote was presented to refute your whining that Uk nihangs glorify death so in that case I showed you quotes there is no way im trying to get into meat vs veggie..

You need to learn how to read properly becaue I came to this conclusion that you read what you think is good for you to make one more post and then twist it.

Advice for you: Be angry, keep spreading hate online, fight on all discussion forum, throw slogans against sikh sites

and you will bring the unity within sikhism.

I have nothing else to discuss with you because you are into games of twisting words and trying to portray yourself "Guru ka only Sikh online" you might be but I assume your intentions and love is good for sikhi but knowledge is on very low level.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!