What is this guy doing?

TejS

13 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

There's a line. A wise, respectful individual can make their point and express themselves creatively without crossing that line. Not so wise individuals regularly find themselves crossing the line and falling flat on their chittar. We are a community of clowns and sellouts.

Couldn't have said it any better. But what's leading to our community being hellbent on ridiculing ourselves and being such sellouts and betrayers. Is it too much freedom that the religion provides?

3 hours ago, MahadrasSingh said:

Well he wasn't ever exactly a model Gursikh so what did we expect. 

True, but you don't have to be a model Gursikh to understand that disrespecting your religion for a few laughs is not funny at all. It's quite stupid to be honest. I can finally understand why there are jokes circulating around in India about Sikhs being dumb.

6 hours ago, TejS said:

Couldn't have said it any better. But what's leading to our community being hellbent on ridiculing ourselves and being such sellouts and betrayers. Is it too much freedom that the religion provides?

I'll have to give it further thought, but regarding your question I'd say it's something unique to us in our makeup that is evident in notable moments in our history as a community, when certain of our own have disgraced and betrayed their fellow Sikhs for some form of gain (on a scale of varying magnitude).

Also, our sense of fairness and desire to be viewed as objective is taken to extremes by some of our people who lack the wisdom and insight to appreciate how we also have a duty to elevate our profile in a positive way that doesn't undermine our standing amongst other groups who are hostile to our collective interests and our existence. If that means battening down the hatches and occasionally keeping things in-house, then so be it. Being a comparative minority we have every right to exert our rights for our self-interest.  But we simply lack the foresight and intelligence to think that far ahead for ourselves. It's one of the reasons I feel we will slip further into irrelevance as the years go by. There's very little loyalty in our collective consciousness, and when larger, more powerful and influential groups observe this behaviour in subordinate groups, you best believe they're rubbing their hands in glee at the potential for subverting and controlling that particular group.

But you'll never hear anyone in our faith talking of such issues. Mostly everything that is a key marker of positive growth and prosperity in a non-material manner for any thriving community, is stagnant for us in many ways. Spiritually, we are dead. Even our overt displays of religiosity are in many ways nothing but a performance for the benefit of impressing others or in some cases acts of wilful self-delusion.

Apologies for the early morning black pills, lol.

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi
13 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

I'll have to give it further thought, but regarding your question I'd say it's something unique to us in our makeup that is evident in notable moments in our history as a community, when certain of our own have disgraced and betrayed their fellow Sikhs for some form of gain (on a scale of varying magnitude).

Also, our sense of fairness and desire to be viewed as objective is taken to extremes by some of our people who lack the wisdom and insight to appreciate how we also have a duty to elevate our profile in a positive way that doesn't undermine our standing amongst other groups who are hostile to our collective interests and our existence. If that means battening down the hatches and occasionally keeping things in-house, then so be it. Being a comparative minority we have every right to exert our rights for our self-interest.  But we simply lack the foresight and intelligence to think that far ahead for ourselves. It's one of the reasons I feel we will slip further into irrelevance as the years go by. There's very little loyalty in our collective consciousness, and when larger, more powerful and influential groups observe this behaviour in subordinate groups, you best believe they're rubbing their hands in glee at the potential for subverting and controlling that particular group.

But you'll never hear anyone in our faith talking of such issues. Mostly everything that is a key marker of positive growth and prosperity in a non-material manner for any thriving community, is stagnant for us in many ways. Spiritually, we are dead. Even our overt displays of religiosity are in many ways nothing but a performance for the benefit of impressing others or in some cases acts of wilful self-delusion.

Apologies for the early morning black pills, lol.

we're not persecuted enough rn i guess, like how we were declared illegals in the 18th century pretty much . 

5 hours ago, S1ngh said:

I don't understand the purpose of posting something like this.  Yes, he drinks, like 95% of "Sikhs".  Is a video like this supposed to be shocking?  He's never been amritdhari, and now that he's started trimming his beard, he's not even a singh. 

Sadly, jusreign's personal conduct and his lack of respect for Sikhi is representative of the vast majority of "Sikhs".

6 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

I don't understand the purpose of posting something like this.  Yes, he drinks, like 95% of "Sikhs".  Is a video like this supposed to be shocking?  He's never been amritdhari, and now that he's started trimming his beard, he's not even a singh. 

Sadly, jusreign's personal conduct and his lack of respect for Sikhi is representative of the vast majority of "Sikhs".

I posted this because I was genuinely shocked that a Sikh would denigrate a shabad for a joke.