Jump to content

Recommended Posts

WJKK WJKF

I was wondering if wearing some shastars inside your dastar/in your kesh as a gupt shastar would be a smart idea. If so, does anyone know good methods to do this so I don't mess up my kesh? (BTW I'm not amritdhari yet this is something im planning for the future).

WJKK WJKF

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MahadrasSingh said:

WJKK WJKF

I was wondering if wearing some shastars inside your dastar/in your kesh as a gupt shastar would be a smart idea. If so, does anyone know good methods to do this so I don't mess up my kesh? (BTW I'm not amritdhari yet this is something im planning for the future).

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF

Do you mean a gupt shastar one that you can take out easily?

There is something called the "Panj Kes Shastars" which are essential in the Nihang Rehat, they can be worn as a necklace or be tied into your bunga. (Panj Shastar Parvan).

Otherwise, if you want easy access to it you might as well just tie a kamarkassar under your clothes and keep the shastar in there, most people will think it's just a waistband and won't think much of it.

If you need an image of the Panj Kes Shastars, I will upload one shortly.

WJKK WJKF

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, monatosingh said:

There is something called the "Panj Kes Shastars" which are essential in the Nihang Rehat, they can be worn as a necklace or be tied into your bunga. (Panj Shastar Parvan).

Right, except that those are not "shasters" they are representations of shasters. It's like your wife vs. a picture of you wife. You can't make babies with a picture. Similarly, you can't slit a person's throat with "kirpan" having a 1cm "blade".

1 hour ago, monatosingh said:

Otherwise, if you want easy access to it you might as well just tie a kamarkassar under your clothes and keep the shastar in there, most people will think it's just a waistband and won't think much of it.

Yeah, that's a possibility.

After the saskaar of Guru Gobind Singh ji's body, a small kirpan was recovered which Guru Sahib used to keep in their turban. They display it at Hazur Sahib. (It's a real shastar, btw, not a representation of a shaster.)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, monatosingh said:

WJKK WJKF

There is something called the "Panj Kes Shastars" which are essential in the Nihang Rehat, they can be worn as a necklace or be tied into your bunga. (Panj Shastar Parvan).

Otherwise, if you want easy access to it you might as well just tie a kamarkassar under your clothes and keep the shastar in there, most people will think it's just a waistband and won't think much of it.

WJKK WJKF

Yes definitely that would also work with a kamarkassar. The kirpan I have to do it with is around 6ish cm but if I can find a more practical kesh shastars I'll dedinitely take that up.

 

7 hours ago, BhForce said:

Similarly, you can't slit a person's throat with "kirpan" having a 1cm "blade"

You never know, at least we could scare off the old gorey ;).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use