Air guns/rifles

Big_Tera

Are air guns legal in the UK? I have been trying to buy one but cant seem to find any online stores that you can purchase from. 

I know ebay bans any type of air gun for sale. For people that dont know, air guns looks exactly like the real thing. It makes a loud bang when you press the trigger. This is caused by air pressure. You can also put some kind of projectile inside.But its more of a harmless type of thing. Used to scare wild life pests away by the loud noise. 

Anyway anyone purchased one. I know they are available in India. Which is why I was thinking of buying from there then bringing it over. But then I am not sure if they are allowed in luggage as some airline ban them. 

The only things I have found is some very toy like pellet gun on amazon and ebay. But they are very toyish type and more for kids. I was looking for something more professional. 

6 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

Are air guns legal in the UK? I have been trying to buy one but cant seem to find any online stores that you can purchase from. 

I know ebay bans any type of air gun for sale. For people that dont know, air guns looks exactly like the real thing. It makes a loud bang when you press the trigger. This is caused by air pressure. You can also put some kind of projectile inside.But its more of a harmless type of thing. Used to scare wild life pests away by the loud noise. 

Anyway anyone purchased one. I know they are available in India. Which is why I was thinking of buying from there then bringing it over. But then I am not sure if they are allowed in luggage as some airline ban them. 

The only things I have found is some very toy like pellet gun on amazon and ebay. But they are very toyish type and more for kids. I was looking for something more professional. 

As far as i'm aware you can buy them online but i'd recommend finding a local store (there's plenty of them about) and going in and chatting to them, they aren't specifically prohibited in the UK but the more powerful ones will come under the firearms act and could get you into trouble if they're the ones you want, like i said, find a local store and speak to them.

I wouldn't even think about bringing one back from India or anywhere else unless you like orange jumpsuits and want to spend the next few years at her majesties pleasure.

What you hunting anyway, the local giani's...