Punishment methods for kids

Guest Singh

On 6/18/2020 at 1:04 PM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled-singh said:

Guys, I wrote that ^ nearly 2 years ago and you've all ignored it. I think you need to revisit what I said and re-think whether or not you wish to absorb it or ignore it. The behaviour of Mayan children in Guatamala is nothing short of an awe-inspiring miracle guide for us all throughout the world. They really have unlocked this age-old problem of child discipline.

I dig it. 

On 6/20/2020 at 12:41 AM, Guest Parents said:

Why do you think we ignored what you wrote? Because we’re Punjabi. If my children are bad they get a good slap! That’s the way we do things. Giving kids a thapadh for being bad is as traditional as saag and mkee de roti ? 

I couldn’t of said it better.?

On 7/23/2018 at 10:57 PM, Guest Harj said:

Punjabi parents give love and discipline in equal measures

873A3AA8-1F12-4577-B80B-47BF12924532.jpeg

I was born and raised in Punjab. Being hit was part of school life. Girls were hit with a ruler on their palm, but boy’s punishment was much more common. They were made to bend over in front of the class like the drawing above then hit. 

I now live in UK and behaviour problems in children were unseen of in India children. I’m not suggesting hitting should be necessarily used, but western parents are way too relaxed. Kids don’t even play with each other outside anymore they play with phones and toys. 

Clear differences are present in western vs India children: respect/fear of parents, respect to elders, following instructions first time, being grateful for what they have and academic performance 

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2020 at 3:16 PM, Guest Bali said:

I’m not joking my Punjabi friend’s parents were seriously strict and used to put a mirch (green chilli) in his bum when he misbehaved and didn’t study. He became the best behaved kid at school and one of the highest achievers. 

Man that's really strict ?

On 8/24/2020 at 9:52 PM, Guest Kaur said:

Man that's really strict ?

no that is child abuse , chemical assault for not doing homework ? what is wrong with people , I remember visiting Anandpur Sahib with the boys and the veer ji telling us the itihaas of the different gurdwarey and places and mentioned how Guru Gobind Singh ji asked for sikh parents who had never hit their children to do a specific sewa , so I guess that indicates what he felt about kidbeaters , if rehitname says not to beat or harass woen this whole thing must by default go down the  line to all vulnerable.

As I have gone through the whole cycle of bringing up kids I realised that beating children is like swearing  it is a sign of our lack of self-control in the face of challenge i.e. our failure to grow and express ourselves in a healthy loving way.