Nihung Bana help

Guest help

Guest help

Well I just got some nihung banas made from India but the problem is that from where the buttons end (waist level) the bana is open around the legs i.e 2 pieces which overlap and one end keep flapping about (since there are no buttons) and if doing gatka it exposes the kachera from the front due to this fact. Are their any nihung banas which don't have the central split from groin area below as i would like to get some but need some help. 

On 5/19/2018 at 9:58 PM, Guest help said:

Well I just got some nihung banas made from India but the problem is that from where the buttons end (waist level) the bana is open around the legs i.e 2 pieces which overlap and one end keep flapping about (since there are no buttons) and if doing gatka it exposes the kachera from the front due to this fact. Are their any nihung banas which don't have the central split from groin area below as i would like to get some but need some help. 

Bro I have the exact same issue. All my baneh have this flap and its worse in the wind. I don't know the difference between taksali and nihang baneh but I will look into it. 

Guest help
1 hour ago, monatosingh said:

Bro I have the exact same issue. All my baneh have this flap and its worse in the wind. I don't know the difference between taksali and nihang baneh but I will look into it. 

The nihung banas are put on like a shirt which I prefer (due to beard) but I do think I have seen nihungs which don't have this open flap i.e. from the front (waist down) it seems like the bana is in 1 piece. I need to know since I don't know any proper nihungs. Please find out somehow. 

8 hours ago, Guest help said:

The nihung banas are put on like a shirt which I prefer (due to beard) but I do think I have seen nihungs which don't have this open flap i.e. from the front (waist down) it seems like the bana is in 1 piece. I need to know since I don't know any proper nihungs. Please find out somehow. 

Taksali Baneh don't have the open flap, it's more closed in space, it's more like a long kurta.

Nihang Baneh have the flap for jang use, to move around freely, run freely.

The only way to stop the flap is to get a Taksali Bana, unless you can get a tailor to make a nihang one without the flap.

On 5/19/2018 at 9:58 PM, Guest help said:

if doing gatka it exposes the kachera from the front due to this fact. 

you should only do pentras that suit Singhs and bana. i.e. proper Shastar vidiya pentras endorsed by Guru Hargobind, Guru Gobind Singh, Baba Buddha jee etc.

some of the gatka stuff (like the spinning and around and spin jumping, and especially slapping your thighs in front of shastar) is not authentic with the maryada of Khalsa panth and Khalsa Fauj!

On 5/20/2018 at 2:28 AM, Guest help said:

Yet another wannabe Nihung questioning Nihang maryada?

Pathetic.

First of all, read this rant from a true and proper Singh on what a man's kachera is supposed to look like.

Basically, it has a wide ghera (circumference), so there are folds of cloth that prevent anybody from looking at your p#nis. Also, the man's kachera is full-length (down to your knees). It's not like a pair of form-fitting Hanes underwear.

If you're wearing a proper kachera, so what if your chola flies up?

You're not a girl, what does it matter?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a man being seen in his kachera.

Guru Amardas ji bathed (wearing kachera) in plain sight of everyone, including his daughter. And this continues to this day (men bathe openly in front of the entire public at sarovars).

So man up and don't be a sissy.

10 minutes ago, BhForce said:

Yet another wannabe Nihung questioning Nihang maryada?

And what if he wants to be a Nihang? That is his choice, there is no such thing as a wannabe Nihang, you either are a Nihang or not. End of. 

Pathetic.

Everyone has their own viewpoint and way of doing things, as long as it is within the true Khalsa Maryada then leave them be.

First of all, read this rant from a true and proper Singh on what a man's kachera is supposed to look like.

Proper Singh? LMAO! It's easy to pretend who you are behind the screen. If he was a "true and proper" Singh then he wouldn't be swearing like he did throughout the post. Let's reserve that title for the Singhs who kept it real and fought for the Panth.

You're not a girl, what does it matter?

Why does it matter what gender he is? Are you saying that girls are not eligible to wear the Nihang Chola and keep knee-length kachere?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a man being seen in his kachera

Speak for yourself, lot's of people personally don't choose to show kachera.

13 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

Why does it matter what gender he is? Are you saying that girls are not eligible to wear the Nihang Chola and keep knee-length kachere?

No, they are not. Girls have to wear a pajami under the chola.

13 minutes ago, monatosingh said:

Speak for yourself, lot's of people personally don't choose to show kachera.

That's fine, bro. They can do what they want. But they can't claim to be Nihungs.

If you want to wear a kurta-pajama, go for it.

You cannot be a Nihang and then also choose to hide your kachera. The chola is open on both sides plus the front. The kachera is meant to show.

Among other things, it verifies you're wearing a proper kachera, not wearing briefs on the sly.

re: swearing, I agree that we shouldn't swear and I agree he may have gotten a bit carried away, but I'd rather have that than have males afraid that someone will see their mini-kacheras.

If the problem is the opening is too high  you can always sew an extra button and buttonhole into your chola  to secure it to just below waist  hips should be free to move in any direction without any restriction for legs . I agree Kacchera if correct will not be a problem as you will only get glimpses of white  on movement elsewise the chola hangs with enough material to cover it in full , unless wearing shorter kurta style . Look at purataan nihang and akali portrait pictures . In battle if your chola gets ripped to nothing are you gonna stop , no right ? so keep your chin up and keeping on japping naam