Gurdwara Designs

Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh

On 6/14/2018 at 2:26 AM, TejS said:

Punjabis were and are a spineless people. It's only the Sikhs that broke free from that attitude, but unfortunately it seems we're slinking our way back.

I agree that the constant invasions and overt pandering of Punjabi for foreigners and their self-hate has led to the predicament we are in today, however one has to ask, why couldn't Punjabis repulse those invasions? For all the bravado that is projected by Punjabi, even the non-Sikhs, why couldn't we hold our own? 

Bro Punjabis have amazing history, remember some of the greatest ancient cities like Harappa were in Punjab. King Porus was a mighty king who stood his ground against Alexandra. If im correct even parts of the Rig Vedas were written in Punjab and the Mahabartha took place in modern day Haryana which till recently was Punjab. There are also many old Buddhist sites in Punjab too.  India was a land of prosperity, inventions and discovery its Brahminism which turned indians into slaves and created fear and superstitions in peoples hearts and later the invasions from the west. The Islamic invasions actually gave the Brahmins socially a stronger grip on Indian society.  

Guest GuestSingh
On 6/14/2018 at 2:26 AM, TejS said:

Punjabis were and are a spineless people. It's only the Sikhs that broke free from that attitude, but unfortunately it seems we're slinking our way back.

I agree that the constant invasions and overt pandering of Punjabi for foreigners and their self-hate has led to the predicament we are in today, however one has to ask, why couldn't Punjabis repulse those invasions? For all the bravado that is projected by Punjabi, even the non-Sikhs, why couldn't we hold our own? 

What about Panjabis who fought under various hindu kings to establish & defend empire rule from other princely states before Sikhi and invasion of muslims? Other wars inc. smaller ones might not even be recorded in history...

Iv read somewhere that the vedas mention areas of ancient Punjab several times. Did the river Saraswati not run though Punjab too? Valmikis Ashram is believed to be in Amritsar too, ram tirath, obviously back then it was all forest and its at this place that Sita stayed and the Ramayan was written.  

I am not sure if Jagsaw has some hidden agendas. I think he has made some interesting points over the time he has been on the forum. Obviously sometimes he goes of on a tangent. But maybe probably down to over enthusiasm for subject's that he is interested in. I am not saying I agree with everthing he posts but do agree with alot things. Just like I do with other posters. 

He obviously likes to do research before replying to topics. Unlike most who simply post with the knowledge they already have in the bank as most members dont have time to research things through all the time. 

As for the Gurdwaras. Yep there is definantly a resemblence to to middle eastern mosques. Maybe we should look to come out with new designs and put our own distinctive mark on them. 

Lets be honest they look virtually the same. With the dome shapes. and number of domes. ie usually one big one and one on each side. This does not mean Sikhs are are muslim! We have just copied the architectural style from them. 

Infact the only reason I realised this and posted the original topic. Is because a muslim friend of mine remarked how nice gurdwaras looked and that they had similar shape and design to a mosque. 

Guest Genda

We don't have our own nation and we are a new people. In order to develop our own distinct culture at the very least you need your own nation. Take Americans and all other former British colonies as examples. All these former British colonies are able create their own culture outside of Europe because they have their own nation.

On 6/15/2018 at 2:59 AM, Guest jigsaw_puzzled_singh said:

Thank you Puzzled and Preet for your a

While on the subject of aerial shots. This Hindu Temple in Tamil Nadu is just so beautiful on so many levels. Perfection personified !Image result for aerial shots of tamil nadu temple symmetry

vaheguru ji ka khalsa
vaheguru ji ki fateh ji

No problem, Singh ji! 
The huge Mandir above quoted is a Sri Vaishnav Mandir in Delhi though! Its Sri Akshardham Tirath. I wanted to go there myself, sadly I didnt have enough time while in Delhi. vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ki fateh