Tattoo

Guest Singh

Guest Singh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

I checked this form related to tattoo but couldn’t get the answer I am look for.

i have read that getting a gurbani ir sikh related tattoo is kind if disrespect, tattoos require to shave the area before the artist start making it.

if  i manage not to shave the area, no beadvi of hairs, and if i make a regular simple tattoo ( example a lion etc) , is it still anti.gurmat?

I know some people say we should some say we shouldn’t have, its modification of body and its prohibited etc however now I am looking for answers from Gurbani perspectives and someones own views?

I am thinking to get one, but if it is anti gurmat I will never go for it.

thanks

On 5/22/2018 at 5:54 AM, Guest Singh said:

I checked this form related to tattoo but couldn’t get the answer I am look for.

i have read that getting a gurbani ir sikh related tattoo is kind if disrespect, tattoos require to shave the area before the artist start making it.

if  i manage not to shave the area, no beadvi of hairs, and if i make a regular simple tattoo ( example a lion etc) , is it still anti.gurmat?

I know some people say we should some say we shouldn’t have, its modification of body and its prohibited etc however now I am looking for answers from Gurbani perspectives and someones own views?

thanks

Guru ji gave us hukham not to wear adornments which require piercing the body , of course people are generally not aware of this thus the following of worldly fashions . Honestly why a tattoo? isn't it better to really exemplify sikhi, and its attitude  in your day to day behaviour , outlook and speech then nobody would have a doubt about you...

No, i am looking for simple tatoo of lion etc

singh12345 what you mean? Plz explain 

jvklondon are these yours views or you stating from some gurbani shabad, i know some shabads regarding not to wear that type of clothing which make you feel vikari etc, but tatoo i am not asking for showing up or something it will be just for me.

is it kurehit or not?

Guest Kaur 2

VJKK VJKF

On 5/22/2018 at 6:54 AM, Guest Singh said:

thanks

Tattoos are something that are related to ego. We want tattoos to show off and to possibly look good in front of others. But that's why Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj advised us not to get tattoos.

Dhan, jawaani, tae kul-jaat da abhiman nahi karnaa (Nanak daadak tahe duae goath. Saak guru sikhan sang hoath) - Do not take pride in wealth, youth and caste. --------------------> This is from the 52 hukams given to us by Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Here's another hukam:

Dikhaawae da Sikh nahi bananaa - Do not become an outward show-off Sikh.

These both tell us not to show off. I would advise you to not get a tattoo and so does Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Stay blessed veerji...

5 hours ago, Singh123456777 said:

Unless its a tattoo of a khanda or baba deep singh or sant ji, you cant get a tattoo

BTW... (to OP)  @Singh123456777 is joking  ??   

VJKK VJKF

1 hour ago, S4NGH said:

Will getting a tattoo further your sikhi? Will it help you spiritually? What's the purpose of getting a tattoo? A tattoo of what?

Answer the questions truthfully and I'm sure you'll have your answer. 

I agree but also disagree in some sense. I agree that it won't help progress in Sikhi and it can be used in an egocentric/for show type of way. I disagree since although our life mission is to progress and migrate with the one not everything is about progressing in Sikhi. 

S4ngh bro, as i asked above i want to know if it is anti gurmat or not.    getting a tattoo if it is anti gurmat is one thing and getting a tattoo if it is not going to help in progression spirtual and in sikhi is another thing.everyone has own different views, i posted here to know yours views.  

Going to ground and do some simple workouts like running jumping exercises etc is good for health and it is no way considered as modifying the natural body, and it make sense also, but. Going to gym and lifting a dumbell , hitting the same bicep muscle 40-50 times again and again from a same angle just to make it look in more shape and cuts, is no way to getting to a good health but still everyone do it  and no one consider it as modification if God gifted body.

so its different from everyone’s point of view, that’s why i want to know if it prohibited or allowed in our religion with reference from guru sahib and not our personal views.