Jump to content

Sikh man brutally attacked in Karnataka for wearing kirpan


Recommended Posts

He was gonna get beat regardless, so in my opinion he should have tried defending himself with his kirpan instead. Would have hurt the mob as well then.

PS:Probably the kirpan he was wearing was probably a blunt novelty

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe he gave up his only means of defence so easily what did he think , that he could turn his back on a baying crowd and no one would hurt him ? It really beggars belief , even if the kirpan was blunt it was sufficient cause for pause for them .

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2018 at 7:12 PM, Singh123456777 said:

He was gonna get beat regardless, so in my opinion he should have tried defending himself with his kirpan instead. Would have hurt the mob as well then.

PS:Probably the kirpan he was wearing was probably a blunt novelty

do you carry a 5ft sharp kirpan? have u ever used it? if no then why dont you? easy to cuss others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

do you carry a 5ft sharp kirpan? have u ever used it? if no then why dont you? easy to cuss others.

Did i say he needed a 5 foot sharp kirpan? I said that his kirpan was probably blunt novelty. Khalsa fauj should carey a shastar that is actually sharp and usable, such. As pech kabaz etc

if he carried a 5 foot sharp kirpan, he wouldnt be in this predicament. Unless he wanted to hand that to the mob as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

do you carry a 5ft sharp kirpan? have u ever used it? if no then why dont you? easy to cuss others.

Come on, man, you must surely know that a full size kirpan is 3ft, not 5ft!

It doesn't matter if he's ever "used it". If you are walking around with a 3ft kirpan, you in all likelihood will never need to use it because nobody will bother you.

Finally, even a small kirpan has a huge deterrent effect, if actually used.

As the other posters have highlighted, he might as well have put up a fight when he had a weapon. It's kind of like what they say about kidnappings: you are advised to put up a fight right at the point where you're being kidnapped. If you are moved to another location, your chances of surviving go way down.

Similarly, while there's no guarantee, it should be quite obvious that the guy's chances of prevailing would be higher with a weapon.

Are you seriously going to argue that his chances of prevailing would have been higher without a weapon?

A guy with a sharp knife waving it around is not someone who will easily be approached by the average person. Nobody wants to be the "first guy" to receive knife wounds. You can quite easily wound, and even kill, with a knife.

I applaud the posters in this thread because they are encouraging Sikhs to man up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Singh123456777 said:

Did i say he needed a 5 foot sharp kirpan? I said that his kirpan was probably blunt novelty. Khalsa fauj should carey a shastar that is actually sharp and usable, such. As pech kabaz etc

if he carried a 5 foot sharp kirpan, he wouldnt be in this predicament. Unless he wanted to hand that to the mob as well

in that case is yours sharp? what faujiyah wala kaam have you done? my point being is brother we all quick to diss people like this, but we aint all exactly warriors ourselves lol. yeah i agree Singhs should be ready to fight whoever no matter the numbers, but sadly that isnt the case

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BhForce said:

Come on, man, you must surely know that a full size kirpan is 3ft, not 5ft!

It doesn't matter if he's ever "used it". If you are walking around with a 3ft kirpan, you in all likelihood will never need to use it because nobody will bother you.

Finally, even a small kirpan has a huge deterrent effect, if actually used.

As the other posters have highlighted, he might as well have put up a fight when he had a weapon. It's kind of like what they say about kidnappings: you are advised to put up a fight right at the point where you're being kidnapped. If you are moved to another location, your chances of surviving go way down.

Similarly, while there's no guarantee, it should be quite obvious that the guy's chances of prevailing would be higher with a weapon.

Are you seriously going to argue that his chances of prevailing would have been higher without a weapon?

A guy with a sharp knife waving it around is not someone who will easily be approached by the average person. Nobody wants to be the "first guy" to receive knife wounds. You can quite easily wound, and even kill, with a knife.

I applaud the posters in this thread because they are encouraging Sikhs to man up.

and have you manned up now? do you now carry a 3ft, 5 ft or 7 ft siri sahib now? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

in that case is yours sharp? what faujiyah wala kaam have you done? my point being is brother we all quick to diss people like this, but we aint all exactly warriors ourselves lol. yeah i agree Singhs should be ready to fight whoever no matter the numbers, but sadly that isnt the case

Yes i keep a sharp shastar on me at all times, and i train in yudh vidya such as boxing just in case i cannot use my shastar. I train in shastar vidya as wel but yudh vidya such as boxing is much more easier to utilize especially in the western world.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, monatosingh said:
5 hours ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

and have you manned up now? do you now carry a 3ft, 5 ft or 7 ft siri sahib now? 

There are 7ft Sri Sahibs?

No, bro, of course there aren't! He's just being hyperbolic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Prokharkoo84 said:
On 5/30/2018 at 4:41 PM, BhForce said:

Come on, man, you must surely know that a full size kirpan is 3ft, not 5ft!

It doesn't matter if he's ever "used it". If you are walking around with a 3ft kirpan, you in all likelihood will never need to use it because nobody will bother you.

Finally, even a small kirpan has a huge deterrent effect, if actually used.

As the other posters have highlighted, he might as well have put up a fight when he had a weapon. It's kind of like what they say about kidnappings: you are advised to put up a fight right at the point where you're being kidnapped. If you are moved to another location, your chances of surviving go way down.

Similarly, while there's no guarantee, it should be quite obvious that the guy's chances of prevailing would be higher with a weapon.

Are you seriously going to argue that his chances of prevailing would have been higher without a weapon?

A guy with a sharp knife waving it around is not someone who will easily be approached by the average person. Nobody wants to be the "first guy" to receive knife wounds. You can quite easily wound, and even kill, with a knife.

I applaud the posters in this thread because they are encouraging Sikhs to man up.

and have you manned up now? do you now carry a 3ft, 5 ft or 7 ft siri sahib now? 

And thereby having refuted exactly zero of the arguments presented by me or the other posters.

In regards to encouraging Sikhs to "man up", that was used in the sentence "I applaud the posters in this thread because they are encouraging Sikhs to man up." And what they encouraged the guy to do was to not relinquish the kirpan on him (which was a small kirpan). 

All that the poster @Singh123456777 said is the guy should have used his kirpan (small). You're the one who if a Sikh dares to encourage a Sikh to use his kirpan, that you're going to demand of him whether he carries a 5ft kirpan.

Arguments you have not even bothered to refute:

-That most of the time, you'll never have to use a 3ft kirpan.

-You should not relinquish your weapon voluntarily.

-You have a better chance of prevailing with a weapon than without.

-Even small knives have a deterrent effect.

-No one wants to get a knife wound.

-You can kill with a knife.

 

I would really like to see your answers to these. Would they be like the following?

-If you carry a 3ft kirpan, Hindus/Muslims are more likely to accost you.

-If a thug demands you remove your kirpan, you should just hand it over.

-You have a better chance of prevailing without a weapon.

-Small knives have no deterrent effect.

-People actually want to get knife wounds.

-You can't kill with a knife. (That's why Sadiq Khan wants to ban knives, right? Because knives are harmless.)

 

I don't even know what or who you're angry with. Angry with Guru Gobind Singh ji? It's Guru Sahib's command not to be without a weapon, not a bunch of posters on sikhsangat.com

Link to post
Share on other sites

in Meghalaya sikhs are being targeted by mobs

http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/nation/army-put-on-standby-in-violence-hit-shillong/599094.html

in UP, Gurdwara Sahib and sikh homes attacked

we need to wake up as a kaum and send help to these isolated sikhs  , interesting how social media and internet was shut down in areas of attack 'to prevent false news'

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • you really are a piece of work take your false propaganda and shove it ....  history from all sides indicates that what I said is true , the mughals and afghanis, and angrez /portguese were helped by brahmins , and stating that brahmins spread their knowledge to everyone is bogus , sanskrit is a secret language and used to control dissemination of knowledge to only those who were allowed to study/hear it . Over 80% of people who claim some link with Hindu faiths are NOT allowed to read/hear so called religious texts; how is that fair dissemination? The fact that people now can study sanskrit despite not being born Brahmin is purely out of a foreigner paying enough money to be taught then that person took that knowledge and writing his own books . It was never a altruistic sharing from scholar direct to the wide world Homeopathy was invented by the xperimentation of Christian Samuel Hahnneman in Germany , it has zero to do with Vedic anything .
    • Not just North Punjabi/Mirpuri Pakistani types in the UK, presumably the below article refers mainly to white males   Samaritans volunteers met vulnerable callers for sex https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58057031 By Jennifer Meierhans BBC News Published 50 minutes ago Share IMAGE SOURCEGETTY IMAGES Samaritans says it has introduced new safeguarding measures after volunteers met vulnerable callers for sex. The charity, which offers a helpline to people in distress, will reportedly monitor calls in future to prevent inappropriate relationships. The Telegraph found incidents of middle-aged men using their position to meet up with female callers for sex. The charity told the BBC it did not dispute that a "very small number of safeguarding incidents" had occurred. Samaritans chief executive Julie Bentley said the "extremely rare" incidents had been identified and that swift and appropriate action had been taken. According to the Telegraph, a memo to volunteers said 44 serious incidents had occurred since 2017. Ms Bentley said Samaritans' 20,000 volunteers provided vital emotional support to anyone who is struggling, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Volunteers on the charity's telephone service have answered more than 13 million calls in the four years from January 2017, she said. 'Robust investigation' "Running any national service on this scale means that, on extremely rare occasions, high standards are not always met and from the millions of calls answered, a very small number of safeguarding incidents were identified," said Ms Bentley. "Our robust investigation procedures meant these incidents were handled swiftly and appropriate action taken. "Any safeguarding matter is one too many and as such we review our practices on an ongoing basis and have introduced further measures as part of our commitment to delivering a consistently high-quality experience for our callers." Incidents are investigated by the charity's Serious Safeguarding Panel and are reported to the Charity Commission, Samaritans said.
    • I think this type of attitude helps keep Panjab economically backwards.  
    • This history seems true. It's not a new discovery, and this Zorowar Singh palit has a history and legacy in Bassi Pathaan that people there still acknowledge.  Info has been out about Zorowar Singh Palit since the late 60s at least, when Ganda Singh put out Sri Gursobha. That people here haven't heard of him here says more about their own piss poor study of history than anything else.  Plus this figure being from a tarkhan background would have motivated the usual jut casteists to jealously try and bury his memory, so that probably played a big part in his occlusion and hence so much ignorance about him. I'm not too familiar with Uhdoke, what makes you say the above about him?    
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use