Diljit dosponge

Big_Tera

2 hours ago, TejS said:

At the risk of getting blasted on here, what's wrong with moneh. Name me one "commandment" in the Guru Granth Sahib that states that Sikhs need to grow their hair. I understand that what Diljit is doing is wrong as he's projecting a lie, but Sikhs that have haircuts are somehow lesser Sikhs?

if you don't accept hukam and cannot follow Guru ji's first command then of course you are not as good a sikh as someone who does follow his commands in full , not that you are not a sikh just need to improve

1 hour ago, TejS said:

At the risk of getting blasted on here, what's wrong with moneh. Name me one "commandment" in the Guru Granth Sahib that states that Sikhs need to grow their hair. I understand that what Diljit is doing is wrong as he's projecting a lie, but Sikhs that have haircuts are somehow lesser Sikhs?

Are you disputing that keeping kesh is not one of the hukams of Guru Gobind Singh?

The Guru Granth Sahib is not a list of "commandments"

4 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Incase you missed the update, moneh have gained an insidious acceptance within the sikh community. Punjabi parents would rather throw their son out of the house if the called himself gay rather than entered the home late that night with a haircut. I mean haircuts got an insidious acceptance  , it was so gradual even i didn't realized it lol . Nowadays most parents don't even bat an eyelid. 

Growing up in the 90s we were fed up all the guilt trip of how being a monah was bad. I myself am a sardar though but TBH the guilt trip never worked. Look at movies like "Nanak Naam chardi kala"to know what I am speaking of . 

Yes, I know that monay have gained an acceptance inside Sikhi (and, in fact, dominate in most ways)

But even though being mona is now the norm, that doesn't mean Singhs should accept monay making a mockery out of Singhs. 

It is a huge embarrassment for all Singhs that buffoonish monay like Diljit can go around masquerading as Singhs and making a complete mockery out of our saroop and get away with it.

On 6/1/2018 at 12:04 PM, Big_Tera said:

He is a clean shaven. Is that a role model or raising the profile? His songs are all about chasing girls. He as you mentioned is materialistic and wears clothes so expensive. He is into bling bling and showing off. Can that money not go on feeding the poor in India. or does his ego matter more.

He is a little wannabe rap star and probably insecure one at that.

Is this the best person that modern sikhs have to look up to? He praises hindus and mixes with the hindu Bollywood fraternity. He bigs up salman khan, amita bachan and does films with the kapoors. He is a big joke and embarrassment to Sikhs. Thats why bollywood laps the fool up much  .

But oh he wears a turban so is suddenly great no matter what he does. 

hold up... in any of this where does he say he is a sikh idol? does he ask to be called sant baba diljit donsanjah wala? LOL! geeza you sound proper bitter and full of jealousy and you got proper small man syndrome. if you wana look at people that are chatting sh1t to the sikh youth whilst majority of our kuriyah fancy him, look at people like parmish verma. but wait you can only diss your own lol

22 hours ago, kcmidlands said:

He runs a charity in India called The Saanjh Foundation which helps children who have no parents amongst others.

He just finished his UK stadium tour, he sold out three arena's, no other Indian/Asian/Punjabi artist has ever done that, i'd hardly call him a little wannabe rap star, the guy is at the top of his game, simple as.

Whatever you personal opinion of the guy, he's made it up the ranks from having nothing to everything, what the guy wears is his own business, it seems like a pretty petty reason to throw hate on someone.

The guys far from perfect but having met him a few times (and knowing the guy that represents him in the UK) there is one thing i'll say about the guy, no matter what you think of his outward appearance he's probably one of the most humble people you will ever meet.

As far as the mohna part, it's pretty common knowledge in Punjab, there's a far few singers who tie a pagh in public but have cut hair, nothing new, no idea why people get surprised by this, it's disappointing yes, but hey, that's life, if you don't like the guy don't listen to his music simple as.

Well said. too many haters, especially on a 'sikhi' forum. to all those sat here giving it loads, like i said before, diljit doesnt need to talk about 84 or do religous tracks, but he still does, while the haters here probably skip their nitnem but jump on any nindiyah lol. also, how many of you went to see bhai gurbaksh singh during his hunger strike? diljit went despite knowing he was gona get stick for singing kharkoo.

8 hours ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

Well said. too many haters, especially on a 'sikhi' forum. to all those sat here giving it loads, like i said before, diljit doesnt need to talk about 84 or do religous tracks, but he still does, while the haters here probably skip their nitnem but jump on any nindiyah lol. also, how many of you went to see bhai gurbaksh singh during his hunger strike? diljit went despite knowing he was gona get stick for singing kharkoo.

Tha fact is its best to do nothing if you are not prepared to do the job properly. Its not about him proclaiming to be an idol. Its just some who think he is. 

Looks like he needed some more publicity for his latest castist track so went to visit for the hunger strike to get it. Why have you ignored everyone's views of him. Looks like you see him as your idol? 

You think its okay for someone to wear a turban with a haircut underneath. This guy should be ashamed of himself. Stop disrespecting the turban!

Yes he may have done some good things. But overall he has done more bad and is not someone Sikhs shoud look up to. 

8 hours ago, Prokharkoo84 said:

hold up... in any of this where does he say he is a sikh idol? does he ask to be called sant baba diljit donsanjah wala? LOL! geeza you sound proper bitter and full of jealousy and you got proper small man syndrome. if you wana look at people that are chatting sh1t to the sikh youth whilst majority of our kuriyah fancy him, look at people like parmish verma. but wait you can only diss your own lol

Jealous of of him. What because as you say he has loads of women chasing him? Is that what life us all about.Is that a measure of a persons success?

12 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

You think its okay for someone to wear a turban with a haircut underneath. This guy should be ashamed of himself. Stop disrespecting the turban!

I've already mentioned it, there's a load of singer's that do that, it's nothing new, to make the turban the sole property of those who don't cut their hair stinks of pure arrogance, if someone put's a pagh on their head and has cut hair, maybe, just maybe they might connect with it and decide to keep their kesh.

12 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

Yes he may have done some good things. But overall he has done more bad and is not someone Sikhs shoud look up to.

Maybe we should look a little closer to home at what happens in our Gurdwara's and committees, these guys actually represent Sikhi, some of the stuff that goes on makes singers like Diljit look like saints.