URGENT : SHillong city 200 sikh families besieged by attackers

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

I wonder if posters of '84 shaheeds on the gurdwara has something to do with it ? and the bus conductor thing could just be a spark carefully designed.

Am i the only one who feels there could be a hindutva hand behind this ? 

13 minutes ago, Preeet said:

I thought Meghalaya was a Christian state?

I think it is one of those North Eastern states that converted end masse to Christianity after partition. 

In India and the rest of the subcontinent,  it does not matter if the non Sikh is Christian, Muslim or Hindu whether they are hindutva or congress, or whatever region they come from,we are sitting targets.

The amount of time you hear about some minor petty dispute that escalates into something like what has happened, is too often. 

The reality that I am coming to realise more and more is that we need our own state. 

The reality is that human race is tribal and I know that Dashmesh Pita said that the human race is one, but I have to begrudgingly accept the moment the panj pyareh came into being, we became our own tribe.

Of all 7 billion humans, I have to put my tribe of humans first.

It is coming to the point in my mind my that if we ever get our own state, every non Sikh that tries to cause problems should be kicked out of our state, no ifs and buts. 

I don't care if it is a business owning Jain,  loan shark baniya or migrating Up/Bihar Muslim or Gujjar, or some formerly low caste Christian or some Dera worshipping opportunist.  If they are not Sikh and they cause problems, they are not wanted. 

They add no value to us, they are a liability. 

2 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I wonder if posters of '84 shaheeds on the gurdwara has something to do with it ? and the bus conductor thing could just be a spark carefully designed.

Am i the only one who feels there could be a hindutva hand behind this ? 

firstly our daughters did not make this up, she got assaulted and was taken to hospital, the other girls with her highlighted what happened and the guy I assume was thrashed that's why he apologised and fled the scene . Then later the same day the mob took to the streets shouting slogans 'we will give them a taste of 1984'  . Truth is , scum like this feel entitled to attack sikhs based on jealousy, based on greed, based on knowledge the police are too few to counter them . They didn't need an excuse to attack my family in Siliguri with iron rods  because my Grandfather dismissed a thief who happened to be bengali . Luckily the compound was the type to be secure and the family quarters were high up and all the sikh families were close knit. they arrested my Nanaji , my Mama ji and my teenage cousin for a murder but surprisingly no body could be produced or name supplied .. leaving my  Nani ji and Mamian and female cousins without a male protector but the other families rallied . The case was dropped but no sikh family forgot this and beefed up their security.

1 hour ago, galaxysher said:

Are you sure it’s a Hindu mob as mentioned in the tags because the demographics in Meghalaya is 74.59 Christian and only 11.52% Hindu?

looked into it further and apparently it was a crowd of khasi people i.e. tribal peoples of that area I'm not sure if they are christian but it was definitely an US or Them attitude coming off them even in the comments around all and any news pieces about . They certainly hate the sikhs and seem to believe that they will take over the area since they are outsiders , funny considering the history of allowing anglicans to convert them from their tribal religions . My mistake was that the language they used was a ditto copy of hindvuta phrases that I've been hearing lately maybe it's just a case of monkey see monkey do

64442804.jpg?resizemode=4&width=400&pl=422464Securitymen stand guard a street during curfew in Shillong on Saturday

SHILLONG/GUWAHATI: After three days of unrest, 

Shillong

had a few peaceful hours on Sunday - only to be disturbed by violence that erupted again in defiance of the curfew in the evening. Security forces had to resort to firing teargas shells in violence-hit areas.