Is our Ardaas subject to change in the future ?

Yesterday an amrithdari visited my mama ji's house and told my cousins that some people are trying to change the ardaas but the ardaas shud not be changed until khalsa panth takes a decision on it.

My cousins are really confused and their faith on ardaas has decreased as they are thinking that this ardaas might have some mistakes and could be changed in the future.

What shud I do to restore the faith of my cousins in our Ardaas ?

40 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Yesterday an amrithdari visited my mama ji's house and told my cousins that some people are trying to change the ardaas but the ardaas shud not be changed until khalsa panth takes a decision on it.

The amritdhari Sikh is right, there are people trying to change the ardaas.

The Ardaas begins with the first pauri of Vaar Sri Bhagauti ji ki, in which Guru Gobind Singh ji first remembers Bhagauti, which is either God or God's power (depending upon how you interpret it), and then the 9 Gurus prior to Guru Gobind Singh ji.

The problem is the anti-Dasam Granth crew will stop at nothing to create problems and dissension where there is none.

And they are trying to either remove that pauri, or to slyly change "Pritham bhagauti simar kai" to something like "Pritham Satnam simar kai", which is heresy because you can't change a line of Gurbani.

You can, however, slightly modify the lines that come afterward. That's why sometimes you hear some additional lines like "puthian khallan luhaian", which are not in the SGPC-printed ardaas.

44 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

My cousins are really confused and their faith on ardaas has decreased as they are thinking that this ardaas might have some mistakes and could be changed in the future.

Your cousins are exactly the kind of innocent Sikhs that the missionaries are trying to target in order to sow confusion among the Sikhs.

Once the Sikhs lose faith in Ardaas, they won't pray before Guru Sahib, and consequently, they'll lose faith in Guru ji, too. Which is OK with them, because they think that Guru Nanak Dev ji is dead. So why do ardaas to someone/something that doesn't even exist?

46 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

What shud I do to restore the faith of my cousins in our Ardaas ?

Tough question. It's strange that they lost faith so quickly. I mean if random person comes up to you and says your dad really isn't your dad, will you believe him just on his say-so?

2 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

My cousins are very bholle bhaale and havent chakked amrit. When they meet someone with open beard and amritdhari, they kind of really believe that person.

I would empasise that the last change Guru Gobind Singhji's Khalsa did to add Guru Pita into the ardas and the transition to Jug jug ATal Guru Granth Sahib ji as Guru . Maybe we can look up all the shaheedian mentioned in the ardas and those who question puttiaan khalaan luvainaan is referring to Singh who was made shaheed bu mughals for not picking up guttadi of hookah and tabacco they hung him upside down and skinned him alive . If we know these sakhian then we keep their memories and sacrifices alive  and our faith remains alive . SGPC have done a few things to diminish sikhi and its parchaar including printing RSS distorted 'history' books so I would take anything they say and do with pinch of salt

Guest AjeetSinghPunjabi

"Is the ardaas subject to change?"" -- Yes 

The liturgy of ardas despite its immense significance is not gurbani per se in its entirety. Vaar Sri Bhagauti is attributed to Guru Gobind Singh ji maharaj and is found in dasam granth sahib. However only from start till "Teg bahadar simrae nau nidh aave thaae . sab thaai hoa ji sahae"

Lines, including and proceeding from "Dasve patshah Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji sab thaai hona ji sahae ...." are addition by gursikhs.

Then we remember the martyrs , our resolve and so on and then we also mention separation of Nanakana sahib , which means the current ardas couldn't have possibly been written before 1947 . 

If in future we have (and we most likely will) a dramatic increase in shaheedi incidents, those probably will  also be included .