Is our Ardaas subject to change in the future ?

2 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

"Is the ardaas subject to change?"" -- Yes 

The liturgy of ardas despite its immense significance is not gurbani per se in its entirety. Vaar Sri Bhagauti is attributed to Guru Gobind Singh ji maharaj and is found in dasam granth sahib. However only from start till "Teg bahadar simrae nau nidh aave thaae . sab thaai hoa ji sahae"

Lines, including and proceeding from "Dasve patshah Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji sab thaai hona ji sahae ...." are addition by gursikhs.

Then we remember the martyrs , our resolve and so on and then we also mention separation of Nanakana sahib , which means the current ardas couldn't have possibly been written before 1947 . 

If in future we have (and we most likely will) a dramatic increase in shaheedi incidents, those probably will  also be included .

the latest version is from Radclffe line times the ONLY addition that was made post Guru Pita ji was regarding guru Dhama i.e. was SGPC change . Ardas can be added to to suit the request being made  so it is a dynamic thing.

Shastar Ji,

ONLY and ONLY Ardaas can be changed n modified. Like Shaheeds in 20th and 21st Century added in the contents. HOWEVER! Where and when can it be changed? Anything after "Tegh Bahadhur simiriey, ghar nau nidh awai, sab Thai hoi sahai" reason? This Shabd is written in Dasam Granth AS it stands, in Chandi di vaar, therefore it is beaadbi to start adding shabds to it.

In my eyes extra bit of Ardaas can be added "Jinha Singh Singhnia Ni dharam heth sees dithe, band band khopria luhiaa..." As this shabd is not written in any Granths.

A lot of people add, after Khopriaa luhiaa, "Degh wich aubaali gi" (they got burnt alive..." Some do not add this part at all.

YES your cousins can add own shabd, in fact anyone can. But keep in mind it must be only and only in the mentioned part or even, after "Hi nimaania di maab, Ni dhania de dhaan... Aap ji Ki hazoor, (insert Gurbani) hoi hai Ji THEN add extra bit.

There does need to be an update in the Ardaas. IMO anyone can do it if they wish.

OH and tell yer cousins, Ardaas is accepted by the Lord if it done with a pure heart. Don't question just do it.

The video of the mangled ardaas in Fresno is a travesty. Just rewording the first pauri of Bhaguati ki Vaar according to manmat.

Just look at that loser "giani" in a white kurta and tight churidar. Reminds me of this:

ਸਲੋਕੁ ॥

ਅਤਿ ਸੁੰਦਰ ਕੁਲੀਨ ਚਤੁਰ ਮੁਖਿ ਙਿਆਨੀ ਧਨਵੰਤ ॥

Ath Sundhar Kuleen Chathur Mukh N(g)iaanee Dhhanavanth ||

He may be very handsome, born into a highly respected family, very wise, a famous spiritual teacher, prosperous and wealthy;

ਮਿਰਤਕ ਕਹੀਅਹਿ ਨਾਨਕਾ ਜਿਹ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਨਹੀ ਭਗਵੰਤ ॥੧॥

Mirathak Keheeahi Naanakaa Jih Preeth Nehee Bhagavanth ||1||

But even so, he is looked upon as a corpse, O Nanak, if he does not love the Lord God. ||1||

ਗਉੜੀ ਬ.ਅ. (ਮਃ ੫) ਸ. ੧੬:੨ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੨੫੩ ਪੰ. ੮ 
Raag Gauri Guru Arjan Dev

These "gianis" don't love God, they'll do anything, do any sort of beadbi of Gurbani for money.

They don't follow our Guru, they follow the Gurdwara president.

Also:

ਬਾਹਰਿ ਗਿਆਨ ਧਿਆਨ ਇਸਨਾਨ ॥

Baahar Giaan Dhhiaan Eisanaan ||

Outwardly, they display knowledge, meditation and purification,

ਅੰਤਰਿ ਬਿਆਪੈ ਲੋਭੁ ਸੁਆਨੁ ॥

Anthar Biaapai Lobh Suaan ||

But within clings the dog of greed.

ਗਉੜੀ ਸੁਖਮਨੀ (ਮਃ ੫) (੪) ੫:੬ - ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੨੬੭ ਪੰ. ੧੩ 
Raag Gauri Sukhmanee Guru Arjan Dev

Now, I know that gianis/raagis do a lot of dodgy stuff to get their magic visas. 

But mangling Gurbani is just beyond the pale.

I have no words to describe what a beadbi this is. This man (doesn't deserve to be called a man) is going to hell.

I should remind people not to get violent with this so-called "giani". Instead, tell the Sangat what a beadbi is occuring, and have them contact the committee.

3 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

The same guy again visited my mama ji's house again and this time he told my cousins that there is no such thing as Dharam Rai.Its all hindu mythology.

In reality, there is a chip in our brain that records all our actions.

a chip ? you mean your atma ? ...honestly Waheguru mehar karo

5 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

Surprised you didn't say it's a Brahmin/RSS conspiracy...

1150521482_upsidedownsmiley.jpg.953f6ff758697fc8cd9be08399dce279.jpg

18 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

nah ...RSS don't know about matters of spirituality

Oh...is the constant overkill about the supposed worldwide threat of Brahmins a matter of spirituality? 1123576347_thinkingemoji.jpg.68129cbd23bcaa79dbaa3772a4ae16d8.jpg

1 hour ago, MrDoaba said:

Oh...is the constant overkill about the supposed worldwide threat of Brahmins a matter of spirituality? 1123576347_thinkingemoji.jpg.68129cbd23bcaa79dbaa3772a4ae16d8.jpg

mate overrepresentation in corridors of power plus evidence of goading of indira by bjp politicians back in the day, and current bjp saying doing the annihilation of whole families of sikhs is good approach to reprise on  the kashmiris  makes me feels that maybe they should spend more time actually doing bhagti  which is the family pesha rather than politics .

Besides Brahmins don't go into politics  because they are striving in bhagti and sphere of true gian ...as defined by Guru ji  "Brahmins" who do dhong and thirst after domination, power and rewards need to go back to square one and relearn what they are supposed to be concentrating on . Maybe you were confused on my point

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

Just as we have an electronic chip, in the same way according to him, there is a chip in our mind that records our actions.

Basically what this person is trying to say is that there is no Dharam Raj and no chitarr and gupt.