The problem I have with weird Sikhs doing iftar/Eid meals for Muslims

genie

4 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

he also built temples and gurdwarey basically he wanted all humans to pray and do simran ... simple .  But at the same time there are a long list of muslims  who turned their backs on Guru ji including his adopted bro Painde Khan.

So moral is help others and be fair as Guru ji taught us but do not do it at the cost of your true family i.s. gursikh parivaar

Yeah and what is your point.. You seem to be saying well that because others don't have the principles of sikhi that we should be mimic that behaviour.. 

Guru Hargobind ji more than anyone on this forum had reason to have animosity towards Muslims since his father was killed by Islamic fundamentalists and bigots.. 

On the battle field bhai khanyia nursed all.. And guru gobind singh ji said he was a representation of real sikhi. 

Iftar meals are nothing new.. It's simply langar inviting people to break bread.. 

Sikhi is strong and unique because its not weakened by showing love.. By accepting difference.. By showing acceptance isn't the same as acquiescence to a ideal.. It demonstrates that your truth is higher and principled. 

Much of what is being said here is anti sikh.. 

That photo of the Singh with the umbrella is just weird and cheesy.

I had some eid food at work  samosa,  halwa, samia, ras malai it was nice 

I've seen videos online of people letting the ahmdiya Muslims reciting Quran right next to guru Granth sahib ji while standing. I don't like the double standards I remember a few years ago some ramgharia gurdwara was in trouble because they let the Hindus celebrate navatri inside and the hindu ladies were dancing infront of their murtis.  I mean what's the difference? Why are murtis and dancing not ok while letting Muslims pray and recite Quran in gurdwara is ok? Some of these sikhs are begging for acceptance and approval, how embarrassing. I mean what's next, Christmas trees and father Christmas, bet you sikhs who love approval from goreh would love to do that.

41 minutes ago, puzzled said:

mean what's the difference? Why are murtis and dancing not ok while letting Muslims pray

Because muslims pray to the one God that we also pray too. So basically were helping them worship God. Theres nothing wrong with that.

While hindus are worshipping deve devte and dancing which is disrespectful.in mahraajs diwaan. 

But to be honest. We do need  self respect. Only help ppl who need help. Not go around begging to be of service to anyone. If the ahmediyas need space to celebrate on eid, only then should we allow them to use gurudware. But i doubt it. They are a rich community. Im sure they can afford to rent a comminity center.Also we should charge them to use the gurudwaras space . Its not like we would be taking advantage of them. They r not starving, poor folk livin in a 3rd world country. 

Also they can refuse and find another place. Not like were forcing them to pay us jizya. And we charge our own sikh ppl if they need the gurudwara for any function such as wedding or akhand paath.