Sign in to follow this  
genie

The problem I have with weird Sikhs doing iftar/Eid meals for Muslims

1 hour ago, jkvlondon said:

The biggest thing that gets me is this ... for the widows of 84 there is no money for home, food or security , for the orphans of 84 and the surviving kids there are no jobs , rehab or medical care  but there is money aplenty to splash out on all other people's faiths . I'm sure Guru Pita ji is crying at how we are failing our own .

Exactly however Guru Ji would not be crying about it but would be assertive, angry and disappointed in these Sikhs he would be urging Sikhs to fix up, get tough, help each other before you help those who do not believe in what you believe. 

Solutions and not self pitty is what Guru Ji would instruct us and is instructing us if we look back in our history and scriptures.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, genie said:

Exactly however Guru Ji would not be crying about it but would be assertive, angry and disappointed in these Sikhs he would be urging Sikhs to fix up, get tough, help each other before you help those who do not believe in what you believe. 

Solutions and not self pitty is what Guru Ji would instruct us and is instructing us if we look back in our history and scriptures.

never said they were tears of sadness or self-pity ...but TRUE and Justifiable ROS  for us disregarding his order to support the garib sikhs as our own blood

We've become excessively docile and compliant. The aura of ankh and the fear-factor that was once our trademark has greatly diminished. Now, we play at those ideals; it's hollow posturing and a nostalgic harking back to those days, but there's nothing beneath the bluster. We're just so eager to please and disarm the other, even if it means putting ourselves on the backfoot and disregarding that which should never be compromised.

That figurative law of the jungle (that dictates the pecking order of various "tribes" in society) is fast becoming a system that is alien to us. Even with the janta back home there's very little of that edge to them that was ever present even as recently as a couple of decades ago. The problem is they're exposed -- via the connected digital world -- to the exact influences that have successfully done a number on the West, and when one observes them developing those same behavioural patterns and lax attitudes that have run roughshod over the western consciousness for the past 30 or 40 years, it brings it home how we're teetering on the edge of oblivion. Sikhs are great at fighting amongst ourselves, entrenching divisions, and pulling each other down for personal gain, but when a hostile outside force comes knocking, then our desire to accommodate knows no bounds.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

We've become excessively docile and compliant. The aura of ankh and the fear-factor that was once our trademark has greatly diminished. Now, we play at those ideals; it's hollow posturing and a nostalgic harking back to those days, but there's nothing beneath the bluster. We're just so eager to please and disarm the other, even if it means putting ourselves on the backfoot and disregarding that which should never be compromised.

That figurative law of the jungle (that dictates the pecking order of various "tribes" in society) is fast becoming a system that is alien to us. Even with the janta back home there's very little of that edge to them that was ever present even as recently as a couple of decades ago. The problem is they're exposed -- via the connected digital world -- to the exact influences that have successfully done a number on the West, and when one observes them developing those same behavioural patterns and lax attitudes that have run roughshod over the western consciousness for the past 30 or 40 years, it brings it home how we're teetering on the edge of oblivion. Sikhs are great at fighting amongst ourselves, entrenching divisions, and pulling each other down for personal gain, but when a hostile outside force comes knocking, then our desire to accommodate knows no bounds.

Regarding your last point.

We have everything done inversely. 

How we can change that mentality, I do not know.

Things have to change externally as well as internally.

Yeah i don't like it either. Just say happy eid, no need for giving mittai boxes etc 

1 hour ago, Ranjeet01 said:

just have illustrate just how SInghs of old handled others  without giving up an inch of their own personality, ethics, character, or faith to fit into others agenda. Otherwise we going to see more of these scenes with apne not helping us but pushing us back into the maelstrom :

watch the two turbans in the left hand of the screen

45 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Those with foresight who haven't lulled themselves into a false sense of security don't need to be told. Sometimes, I think matters of faith and a belief in something like Sikhi -- a way of life that appeals to our higher, enlightened, and compassionate selves -- is somewhat of a disadvantage in a vicious dog-eat-dog world, especially for those who just want to be told what to do in life (followers), rather than undertake a complex inner journey of self discovery rife with nuance and apparent paradoxical conundrums that require khoj and contemplation (seekers). Battles are won by doers and those who don't pause to agonise over the rights and wrongs of it all. The appeal to "the right and just way" isn't conducive to survival. This is something that I believe has been dulled by years of contentment and relative prosperity; the decline of our survival instinct; the ability to discern danger and spot the signs even when the immediate present perhaps doesn't seem to be much of an issue. Pain and experience is the only true teacher. Those who refuse to acknowledge the possibility of any future perturbations, because they've bought into the idea that life is, by default, a just and good experience, will be hit the hardest when such notions will prove to be demonstrably misguided.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, genie said:

Absolutely correct its a way to show their dominance and superiority over the infidel harmless liberal weak low IQ kafir Sikhs. Short term-ism is whats plaguing the Sikh community in present times their is no understanding of long term consequences of their actions or building something towards a long term strategic goal of Sikhs being dominant or self reliance in the future. It's as if these type of Sikhs have already accepted defeat and living under islamic subjugation in the future so are looking to appease their coming masters.

The funny thing is even other muslim journalists have noticed this one way traffic of Sikhs in muslim dominated countries of providing muslims free meals during ramadan yet no muslim will make any efforts to accommodate Sikhs or provide for free anything during their religious festivals. There is only tolerance but no real communal outreach brotherhood from muslims to Sikhs. The Sikhs also have to prepare meals in different cooking utensils for muslims because the muslims wont eat from the same utensils non-muslims are served from adn in. it's as if these Sikhs have become low castes and Muslims the high castes a role reversal where both communities tried to escape the inequalities of hindu caste system.

The right wing independence loving conservative Sikh nationalist type of Sikhs are clued up but these idiots especially from Khalsa Aid are on another planet. The amount of muslims charities there are to cater for muslim only needs are in their hundreds and our moronic so called Sikh charity cares more about aiding those who do not give a crap about us and look at the kind but funny looking 'hairy kafir Sikh dog/ape' (as muslim zealots would say) giving away their communities resources for free while their own starves and is dying off at the hands of their fellow muslim's and oppressive non-sikh regimes in places like new delhi, punjab, kashmir, afghanistan and pakistan.

If our holy Guru's and national hero's could see the state of these Sikhs today they would either fix them up on the right path or disown them asap as other sects were for deviating into crazy ideological thinking.

People like Ravi Singh and Khalsa Aid have turned many Sikhs into i.diots. These i.diots think that serving 5000 meals to fasting Muslims in Syria is somehow following the teachings of the Gurus! In the Gurus times non-Sikhs were served Langar in Gurdwaras and after they had sat in Sangat to learn the Guru's teachings. As far as I am aware Langar can only be served after the Parkash of the Guru Granth Sahib has been done. I doubt Ravi Singh has done Parkash of the Guru in Syria so technically all those people claiming that KA is  serving Langar in Syria are incorrect. I have no issue with KA helping the Yazidis because they have no one to help them but servng Iftar packages to Muslims when fasting in Gurbani is clearly stated to be form of body torture is the height of hypocrisy!  I suppose it suits Ravi Singh to use Sikh terminology to get Sikhs to donate to him organisation.  There's been a campaign now to turn him into some sort of present day Bhagat Puran Singh. Had Bhagat Puran Singh been like Ravi Singh, he would have ignored the cripple that he came across in Amritsar and whose care led to Bhagat Puran Singh to set up Pingalwara and instead  boarded a train to Bombay and set up some charity there. There's also been a campaign to give Ravi Singh a high profile and publicise that he should get the Nobel Peace Prize. At the moment the man's ego is big enough considering how to take any advice as a personal attack. When people criticised him as to why KA is going all the way to Bangladesh to help Rohingyas when there are so many Sikhs  in need he attacks them asking what are they doing for Sikhs. Apparently in Ravi Singh head he is the only one who can decide who needs aid and who does not. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, proactive said:

People like Ravi Singh and Khalsa Aid have turned many Sikhs into i.diots. These i.diots think that serving 5000 meals to fasting Muslims in Syria is somehow following the teachings of the Gurus! In the Gurus times non-Sikhs were served Langar in Gurdwaras and after they had sat in Sangat to learn the Guru's teachings. As far as I am aware Langar can only be served after the Parkash of the Guru Granth Sahib has been done. I doubt Ravi Singh has done Parkash of the Guru in Syria so technically all those people claiming that KA is  serving Langar in Syria are incorrect. I have no issue with KA helping the Yazidis because they have no one to help them but servng Iftar packages to Muslims when fasting in Gurbani is clearly stated to be form of body torture is the height of hypocrisy!  I suppose it suits Ravi Singh to use Sikh terminology to get Sikhs to donate to him organisation.  There's been a campaign now to turn him into some sort of present day Bhagat Puran Singh. Had Bhagat Puran Singh been like Ravi Singh, he would have ignored the cripple that he came across in Amritsar and whose care led to Bhagat Puran Singh to set up Pingalwara and instead  boarded a train to Bombay and set up some charity there. There's also been a campaign to give Ravi Singh a high profile and publicise that he should get the Nobel Peace Prize. At the moment the man's ego is big enough considering how to take any advice as a personal attack. When people criticised him as to why KA is going all the way to Bangladesh to help Rohingyas when there are so many Sikhs  in need he attacks them asking what are they doing for Sikhs. Apparently in Ravi Singh head he is the only one who can decide who needs aid and who does not. 

Good points, I have great admiration for Ravi Singh for his humanitarian work and for standing up for Sikh related political issues against hindu extremists and indian authorities so he gets credit for that. However when he and his charity org which he founded and which claims to be a Sikh charity then goes on a tangent and diverts into area's of the world that has no concern of Sikhs where Sikhs work and resources will be forgotten and wasted for nothing. Then I have serious concerns that the message of Guru's is not being conveyed along with the charity that is given out.

The only way Sikh charities should be helping non-sikhs is with a view for those non-sikhs to learn about Sikhi and to embrace it so that we have a footprint in lands that doesn't have any native indigenous Sikhs presently. So giving meals/aid to yazadi's is perfectly fine as you say they have no one to help them and they have suffered persecution from muslim sunni salafi extremists. However when Sikhs give aid to muslims then it should be with a view to have them convert and embrace Sikhi.

Similarly it is not just Khalsa aid it is s.e.w.a  and united Sikhs too they help non-sikhs neglecting the suffering of fellow Sikhs in need but are willing to fly out to lands to help non-sikhs like morons when other huge charities are already usually there helping out .

We all probably know by now that the charity business is a money making scam. Do a bit of good and earn dividends in praise from observers, travel the world, escapism (get away from issues/responsibilities at home), great photo opportunities and financially rewarding too. However if a charity is a true Sikh charity their sole purpose should be is to help Sikhs in dire need and help gain and support more sikh converts not the other way around where Sikhs die off and decline in population while other populations of other religions/ideologies gain in strength.

• Like 3

If you look at the sikh iftar party , its mostly located in UAE or pakistan or is it happening in western countries too ? They hold iftaar every year in the only gurudwara of dubai and also serving in pakistan. BTW recently the singh who organized iftaar got too popular i guess and thats why the taliban shot him down. Such a shame ! 

I guess the iftaar party is mostly a bend over backwards move by sikhs so as not to appear intimidating to muslims in muslim majority countries and thus avoid any wrath by islamists. However as in case of pakistan we see it doesn't work . 

But then by this theory , iftaar parties by Indian punjabi sikhs in punjab don't make any sense. Liberal secular Hindus also have the same behavior towards muslims btw.  Yesterday they company distributed sweets on the occassion of eid . Ironic though , where is this gang when its baisakhi or gurpurb ?

I guess there's only one minority in india , the muslims ! 

1 hour ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

If you look at the sikh iftar party , its mostly located in UAE or pakistan or is it happening in western countries too ? They hold iftaar every year in the only gurudwara of dubai and also serving in pakistan. BTW recently the singh who organized iftaar got too popular i guess and thats why the taliban shot him down. Such a shame ! 

I guess the iftaar party is mostly a bend over backwards move by sikhs so as not to appear intimidating to muslims in muslim majority countries and thus avoid any wrath by islamists. However as in case of pakistan we see it doesn't work . 

But then by this theory , iftaar parties by Indian punjabi sikhs in punjab don't make any sense. Liberal secular Hindus also have the same behavior towards muslims btw.  Yesterday they company distributed sweets on the occassion of eid . Ironic though , where is this gang when its baisakhi or gurpurb ?

I guess there's only one minority in india , the muslims ! 

The one that got me was the one done in Delhi by dgmc  and published on SM I understand that UAE built the gurdwara and gave permission for our ways of worship barring nagar kirtans so there is a kind of reciprocity in play , and Pakistan there is no restriction on our access to Guru ji's janam asthaan so it might be done in shukrana but in areas bordering on and in Afghanistan the amount of pressure and mistreatment of sikhs is crazy as one afghan sikh put it 'our kids are unpard bascially because of the system being totally against sikhs with teachers openly calling kids haram and kufar and turning a blind eye to the constant bullying.  SO it seems that is done in fear of consequences somewhat like people in UP, bihar getting pressurised into joining Holi else getting attacked .