Sign in to follow this  
Singh1989

The last 3 weeks...

Since the past 3 weeks in a row the most beautiful thing happened. I woke before dawn for my Nitnem! Thanks, Maharaaj! Beant kirpa.

Now, many of you may be thinking "So?" The reason am mentioning this is because I had never done such a thing even for work start 8am! Yes, I still managed isnaan n Nitnem but had to rush it all.

Many of you may be wondering... "Am I doing Amritvela?" Well? ARE YOU! Ever since I got a smartphone Amritvela was a no no. You can guess why.

So, if you have a smartphone, failed to do Amritvela the solution is simple. At about 10.30pm latest switch off the device and GO TO SLEEP! Besides, sleeping after 1am, browsing net in bed cannot b good for health and eyes.

With Maharaaj's kirpa same can happen to you. (You know exactly who you are)...

• Like 2

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• Remember also  everyone is the soul bride of Waheguru Ji 
    • We are equal in the eyes of God because we are beneath him. It is looking at ants from our eyes. The problem with people is that they think that leadership is a privilege. It is not, it is a responsibility.  As the head of the family you may have the authority but that always comes with accountability. They go hand in hand. In families there is a pecking order, the children first, the women next and then the men. Men are the sacrificial gender, why in cases of emergency do they say "women and children first". A woman will sacrifice her life for her children but never for her husband. A man will sacrifice for both. Women who take leadership from her husband do it because they are forced into it or because the man is not up to it and the woman becomes resentful of her husband. 
    • I don’t see how you see this practice as a part of our ancestral history.  What I chose to do independently outside of Sikhi cannot be associated with Sikhi practices. Similar as to how dietary influence is largely down to the landscape and culture of the region you belong to.  The same is for narcotics which are largely taken due to cultural influence and availability to the region.  Just because I eat potato chips in England this does not mean my future generations should adopt this, and somehow associate this with my religious identity.  Your cultural practices can be altered, discarded and chosen but your religious practices can never change,  whether that be in the 18th Century or the 21st.   If you reword this with ‘medicinal, recreational drug use in the region of Punjab in the 17th-18th Century’, I would have no problem with this observation.  But as soon as someone quotes ‘Puratan Sikhs and use of Marijuana’, I am not comfortable with this!
    • Veer ji can u please post pankitis from gursobha and prem sumarag about sukha?
    • Unless you're going to fight enemies of panth and need help of sukha , I don't see any excuse why I should exempt you from similar judgement as of any regular drug addict. People have for long perverted religion for their goals . Nothing new here. Why not get high on naam instead 

Important Information

Terms of Use