Christians becoming Sikh

Dsinghd

3 hours ago, Big_Tera said:

We are not superior to other's That is again doing what muslims and christians do. Trying to make out we are better. We are all equal it doea not matter what faith we follow. It is all about our good deeds. 

The sikh gurus are superior tho, even gurbani states this!

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 4:07 PM, Big_Tera said:

All faiths are right. We as Sikhs have no right to criticise how people follow their religion. 

Guru Nanank Ji

Clearly states

'If you are a Hindu. Be a good hindu. If you are a buddist be a good buddist. 

We belive all faiths can reach God. 

Obviously If you belive Sikhi is the right choice for you then we welcome you. 

There is no silly concepts in our religion such as non belivers are going to hell like christianity and islam. 

That is what attracts droves to our faith. 

Agree,

here's one shabad……..

ਸਲੋਕੁ ਮਃ ੧ ॥
Salok mėhlā 1.
Shalok, First Mehl:

ਮਿਹਰ ਮਸੀਤਿ ਸਿਦਕੁ ਮੁਸਲਾ ਹਕੁ ਹਲਾਲੁ ਕੁਰਾਣੁ ॥
Mihar masīṯ siḏak muslā hak halāl kurāṇ.
Let mercy be your mosque, faith your prayer-mat, and honest living your Koran.

ਸਰਮ ਸੁੰਨਤਿ ਸੀਲੁ ਰੋਜਾ ਹੋਹੁ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਣੁ ॥
Saram sunaṯ sīl rojā hohu musalmāṇ.
Make modesty your circumcision, and good conduct your fast. In this way, you shall be a true Muslim.

ਕਰਣੀ ਕਾਬਾ ਸਚੁ ਪੀਰੁ ਕਲਮਾ ਕਰਮ ਨਿਵਾਜ ॥
Karṇī kābā sacẖ pīr kalmā karam nivāj.
Let good conduct be your Kaabaa, Truth your spiritual guide, and the karma of good deeds your prayer and chant.

ਤਸਬੀ ਸਾ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਵਸੀ ਨਾਨਕ ਰਖੈ ਲਾਜ ॥੧॥
Ŧasbī sā ṯis bẖāvsī Nānak rakẖai lāj. ||1||
Let your rosary be that which is pleasing to His Will. O Nanak, God shall preserve your honor. ||1||

ANG 140

The SHABAD does NOT say abandon your faith. The faith believes in One God. This is fundamental for a sikh. The muslims are to "learn" how to find God because they've been following wrong set of man-mad guidelines from their mullahs and higher priests.  

Guru Nanank ji has NEVER spoken against the texts. He's corrected the wrong practices that are not word's of God. Wrong practices do not mean they come from texts. Practices come from peope who twist the texts for their own agenda.

In above shabad, Muslim holds his place of worship-mosque in high esteem. On the other hand he may behave 100% unmerciful and uncompassionate towards others.   Guruji says,  mihar mastit sidat. "let mercy be your mosque" let kindness and compassion be your place of worship.

Then Guruji says, "let faith be your praymat" ie. Bow down and be humble to your belief in the One God. Let this belief be your prayer-mat.   The koran represent the text of guidance, the rules or lawa of conduct, so Guruji says let hak halal- honest living and not taking "hak" from someone or ripping them off for what's theirs as your Text of rules. ie. Live honestly; with strict adherence.

Circumcision is act of obedience and purity. It's NOT even mentioned in quaran , just a pagan tradition that crept in. Guru Nanak ji says "Make modesty (not bigging up islam ways) as your act of purity nd obedience.  AND roja hohu -Good conduct as your fasts.(sacrifice of food).. ….. Practice good conduct towards the path of God(kabbah) and let the TRUTH be your guide. REMEMBER Guru Nanak ji is teaching the TRUTH and Truthful living.  This is the spiritual guide.    

Instead of empty chanting, and walking with rosary whilst pretending to please God but not chanting the name of One God/Allah from heart,  Guru Nanak ji says plant the seeds of Good karams. Write the account of food deeds - "Kalma karam nivaj"

On 6/27/2018 at 6:49 AM, Akalifauj said:

I know you will not answer my question because you are only here to be a ....  But for the sake of the topic. 

What same capacity don't other faiths have?

Other faiths don't share the principles of sikhi which is to be inclusive of other religious philosophies 

13 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

This is your belief and not sikhi.  No Thanks for 20th century British distorted opinion

Care to elaborate? We have 4 doors. All faiths are respected equally. The Darbar Sahib was constructed way before the British arrived at the golden shores of the Gurdwara. 

20 hours ago, CHaamCHrick said:

Care to elaborate? We have 4 doors. All faiths are respected equally. The Darbar Sahib was constructed way before the British arrived at the golden shores of the Gurdwara. 

All people are welcomed. The 4 doors are to.signal ppl from.any direction, any background etc.

Like genie said above, ppl r all.equal. and can only be judged on.their actions. But religions are not equal!!

This seems to be hard to understand so 

Are all countries equal? No! People of all countries should be respected and helped and treated good. But all countries are not equal! Some are dictatorshios, tyrannies, poor livin standards, cesspools. While others are democracies, give rights to woman and minorities, have good living conditions.

So the way to judge countries is by their constitutions/laws/government and how the ppl of that country act. 

We can use these same standarda to judge religions. By their texts/laws/prophets and how the adherets act. 

Sikhs used to excel in both areas. But now the adherants dont act that well. But our texts, laws, and prophets are still amazing. Esp.when comoared to other religions. 

So sikhism is great but sikhs arent 

All religions lead to the same one God. This world has seen Jewish saints, Christian saints, Sufi saints, hindu saints, sikh saints, Buddhist saints the list is never ending. They have all arrived at Truth and  achieved elevated exalted states. Sikhism is NOT the only religion through which Ik Onkaar can be experienced. 99 per cent of those self proclaimed Sikhs don’t even know what it means to be a Sikh. I come from a Sikh family and regret the fact that my elders not only failed to explain sikhi to me but also failed to teach me Panjabi language just because they felt too ashamed to be associated with the language or the religion. They were brainwashed into believing that Hindi is a more sophisticated language and the culture it belongs to is also highly polished and socially facilitating!  No, I don’t believe Sikhism is the only religion that leads to God.  People have reached, experienced and seen God before the origins of Sikhism. Sarmad, Ana -al- Haq, Rabia are a good examples of souls merging with ligh or God.

Great sikh scholars like Sant Maskeen singh Ji and many others never say Sikhism is the only way ever in their discourses. 

I can’t be bothered with editing this post. If you see any errors just ignore them.

On 7/5/2018 at 10:54 AM, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Care to qualify that opinion? .. Which is 'your' opinion. 

I don't care what you believe.  I don't need to qualify anything to you because you are only here to distort Sikh teachings.  I will not waste my time with a person like you.  You present westernized British distorted views set to change Sikhi into something it is not.