Christians becoming Sikh

Dsinghd

9 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

I don't care what you believe.  I don't need to qualify anything to you because you are only here to distort Sikh teachings.  I will not waste my time with a person like you.  You present westernized British distorted views set to change Sikhi into something it is not.

You see I feel pretty much exactly like that about your pontifications. So at least we share something.. 

You have a habit of making statements and then hide behind vitriol.. It's very easy to lash out and rage much more difficult to actually substantiate through discourse any of your points. As I have said before I never expected you to provide any evidence to support your outbursts.. Although one day you may burst your own bubble.. 

49 minutes ago, silverSingh said:

But none of the other religions have such a wonderful Daat of  Khandey Batey  da Amrit or  divine Banies of our beloved Dasam Patshah!

More importantly the other religions dont have SATGURU, Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji/Shabad Guru.  Hence they dont know what is religion and not.

Guest SilverSingh
37 minutes ago, Akalifauj said:

More importantly the other religions dont have SATGURU, Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji/Shabad Guru.  Hence they dont know what is religion and not.

I totally agree with you. We are so fortunate to have been born as  sikhs.

On 7/2/2018 at 1:47 AM, genie said:

Didn't say we as Sikhs are superior. A human being is a human being, it's person's character and their ideology they follow that sets them apart.

I said Sikhi is superior....our religion is superior to other religions and that is the fundamental and key difference between abrahamic faiths and Sikhi. whereas abrahmics claim their followers are superior to other people because they are a muslim or a jew or christian. We do not make the same claim that because we follow the right religion we are therefore superior...no  only our religion is superior because its based on good teachings and good deeds (according to Sikh philosophy of what is good deeds) and worshiping the one creator..

Let me ask you a question the.... according to Islam a good deed for a muslim to be a good muslim could be slaughtering an animal the halal method before eating it.

Is that a good deed or bad deed? where you think Sikhi/gurbani stands on that?

I think the consensus is even if we dont agree with another religions beliefs or practices we still have to respect it even if it goes against our own religion. 

On 7/7/2018 at 8:05 PM, Sukhvirk1976 said:

Why fortunate? 

because you don't get told:

you are chosen people and the rest of humanity is trash if they are not like you

you are trapped by your birth or gender to an unfufilling life with no chance of mukhti

you can only gain forgiveness/kirpa if you tell your sins to another human

your path is to build to an worldly empire where some specific clan/group  can only rule you and dictate your behaviour

you need to be born as a high caste man before you can get mukhti

you are deficient in faith because you menstruate

you are polluting at time of month /having given birth , cause of humanity's downfall

you are a kalank because your husband dies

you need to abandon your wife and family to achieve mukhti

that's a good starting point but then you are told:

every human has a right to faith, freedom of conscience, freedom to achieve despite accident of birth or gender,

That a woman is not evil or bad just because she exists ,

no human has the right to be an intermediary,

you have no priesthood to lord it over you (granthis are not meant to do this ) ,

your only task is to maintain a loving relationship with Waheguru whilst doing your worldy duties .

You don't have to abandon your family to do your spiritual work .

given that over 90% of people are trapped in the former situations  I think it is more than fortunate I think it's a divine blessing given that it is 1 in 20 million chance of being born into this world alive not even taking faith into account .