Question about Guru Gobind Singh Ji's decision?

TejS

1 hour ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

Why would guru ji write this in Zaffarnama itself if he thinks Quran Sharif is false ?

ਸ਼ਰੀਅਤ ਪ੍ਰਸਤੋ ਫ਼ਜ਼ੀਲਤ ਮ-ਆਬ ॥ ਹਕੀਕਤ ਸ਼ਨਾਸੋ ਨਬੀਉਲ ਕਿਤਾਬ ॥੯॥
SHARI-AT PRAST-O FAZILAT M-AAB, HAKIKAT SHANAS-O NABI AL-KITAB (9)

The Virtuous One is the protector of the faithful. Nothing is hidden from Him. He is the inspiration of Koran.

who do you think that Guru ji is talking about ? MOhammed or Akal Purakh

6 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

who do you think that Guru ji is talking about ? MOhammed or Akal Purakh

Obv about akal purkh/allah 

No one says quran is authored by muhammad. It was a revelation from akal purkh to mohamad via angel gabriel . 

Same way bhagvad gita is inspired onto krishna when he's in yog with akal purkh. Its even mentioned in one part of mahabhart that when someone asks krishan to recite bhagvad again , he is unable to and says "I was in yog with parbrahm then so i was, now i cant"

every scripture is authored by akal purkh , so why call quran false ?

Tejs, does it not state in Guru Granth Sahib ji, "Do not take Quran, Bible and Gita to be false. The preachers can b false not the Holy texts themselves." (NOTE! This is not going against original writers, but preachers that are preaching today). Also, it's stated in SGGS that slandering the texts is paap.

Why did Maharaaj go ahead with it? Maybe because they knew, not going ahead with it is against Akaal Purkh's hukam. Whatever the Guru Ji's saw in future they went with it rather than against it.

If Quran was "false" then part of Hukam would have NOT been to study other religious texts, Quran is one thing Sikhs need to study. I hope you did not think "Only to study n lash back at Muslims in a debate..?"

1 hour ago, Singh1989 said:

Tejs, does it not state in Guru Granth Sahib ji, "Do not take Quran, Bible and Gita to be false. The preachers can b false not the Holy texts themselves." (NOTE! This is not going against original writers, but preachers that are preaching today). Also, it's stated in SGGS that slandering the texts is paap.

Why did Maharaaj go ahead with it? Maybe because they knew, not going ahead with it is against Akaal Purkh's hukam. Whatever the Guru Ji's saw in future they went with it rather than against it.

If Quran was "false" then part of Hukam would have NOT been to study other religious texts, Quran is one thing Sikhs need to study. I hope you did not think "Only to study n lash back at Muslims in a debate..?"

studying other texts was instructed , but importantly if and only if you keep faith in your own path and Guru Granth Sahib ji people seem to forget this proviso ... it should be done to increase one's understanding and knowledge of others, nothing more. If one does vichar of gurbani you will hear the echoes in the other granths and appreciate your own more as it encompasses the others salient points .

3 hours ago, Singh1989 said:

veer give full pangti with ang thanks .

On 6/26/2018 at 7:25 PM, TejS said:

Firstly, I mean no disrespect and am not trying to cause any trouble with this question. It is a genuine concern of mine that I have been having trouble finding an answer to.

So I've been thinking about the promise Aurangzeb and his generals gave to Guru Gobind Singh Ji by swearing and taking an oath on the Quran. It is mentioned in the Zafarnama too.

Considering the Quran is not the word of God, and therefore is a tampered or a fabricated text, why would Guruji even accept an oath on a false text? Given that he knows the text is false, he should have no reason to believe them? Right?

Also, as @jkvlondon has informed me, Guru Gobind Singh Ji also accepted oaths by the Hindu Hill Rajas on their Gita.

So why would Guru Gobind Singh Ji believe their oaths on false texts in the first place?

I cant fathom how u can ask such a question.were our gurus not the biggest supporters of religious freedom?

Does not religious freedom mean that ppl have the right to believe in anything even if its wrong?

Should Guruji have asked them to swear on gurbani pothis? Thats so ridiculous. Isnt that wat the interfaith marriage debate is abt. Making promises on false premises and  false belief. 

Also think of bhagat dhanas story. If faith is true. Then even faith in false things is awarded sometimes. As god says i will always award faith in.me. in sukhmani sahib.

Also if khalistan happens. In court will u not let muslims swear to tell the truth on the quran?

A better question would be. If the guru is antarjami. He mustve known the oaths were false. Yet why did he accept?

But the posters above have answered that.

I have a question about Guru Gobind Singh ji too! i remember listening to katha at the gurdwara and it was about some pathan soldier who got attracted to a young married Brahmin lady and kidnapped her. Her husband then came running to Guru Ji and narrated the incident, Guru ji then told his Singhs to go and find the pathan and bring him, once the pathan was found Guru ji told the Singhs that the punishment for the pathan for kidnapping and going with another persons wife was death so Guru ji ordered the Singhs to tie the pathan to a tree and told his Singhs to fire arrows at him. Im not questioning what Guru ji ordered but im just wondering has anyone else ever heard this story?  because that was the first time i ever heard it lol  

• 2 years later...
On 6/26/2018 at 10:58 PM, TejS said:

But why was he willfully accepting their oaths, knowing well it was a lie based on the fact that text themselves were false? That's still a question I have because accepting some of those false oaths cost him and the Sikhs dearly. I'm sure the Sikhs were more than willing to accept that any of those texts are false, and so ultimately their oath means nothing.

If I remember correctly, he was planning to stay at the fort but the panj piare made him leave

19 minutes ago, intrigued said:

If I remember correctly, he was planning to stay at the fort but the panj piare made him leave

Yeah sikhs as a collective thought that the ultimate good would be leaving Anandpur with a pledge from foes that they would not even look in their direction from then

Guru sahib did not intervene and lived in bhana 

That's the prevalent version I've known