Sikhs - Health & Diet

Big_Tera

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 3:33 AM, puzzled said:

I personally believe a fat person whose flab is leaking onto more than one seat in a train or bus should pay for two tickets 

I wanna know if you had fat parent/grandparent, or relative,, and was purchasing their ticket for them,  .. Would you buy two?   … really be honest and have a think before you answer. Don't let ego answer for you.

On 6/27/2018 at 10:32 PM, Big_Tera said:

Why are Modern Sikhs so unhealthy? In terms of their diets. We even have so called highly respected Sikh Leaders and teachers. Yet their waistlines are alot to be desired for. 

One one hand they preach about religious morals and values. Yet one of the biggest sins is greed. They are greedy and eat to much. Its a common site seeing overweight Sikh males and and females being couch potatoes. Eating unhealthy and not exercising. 

It ia obviously not all our fault as advertising is also to blame. Ie kfc, mcdonalds, nandos. 

People are addicted to food. 

One of the biggest help to mental and physical wellbeing is excercise. 

Yet todays youth are addicted to video games, television shows. ect. 

It is okay to induldge now and then. But Definantly lack of excercise is causing all kinds of health issues in the community. 

In India most people eat simply day to day and have blow outs at weddings celebrations , here every day is treated like a party day , If gurdwarey are making pakordey most days and giving out mithai /sweets this adds up . Fried foods are full of poisonous trans fats ... need to make langar simple and healthy , if people want to push out the boat they can give more exotic fresh fruits , more variety of salad than just cuke/tom/lettuce.

9 hours ago, JUSTAJATT said:

it's all about diet. 

The food is what screws you, especially processed stuff. Cut out ALL artificial crap and GMO's from diet.  Eat fresh veg, fruit and superfoods. Then train a few hours 3 -4 times a week.  

A lot of apnay train and train like mad, but then they go and eat crap at home, then wonder why the weight don't come off.

Just cutting out everything made in a lab, will boost your natural adrenaline and have you energized all the while. Check labels on foods and google what is artificial man-made ,  and what is not.  

I've lost tons off my belly and transferred it into solid muscle. I've gone from rolly polly, podgy waist line to a pumped V shape torso with an inch on my chest and lats.

Thats great, you've worked hard and got the results, Im skinny and used to eat a lot of rubbish like sweets, chocolate, crisp etc but it never really showed because im just skinny lol,  but since the last 3 weeks iv been mostly eating fruit and mango/orange juice, no crisp. sweets etc.    i need to cut down on the red bull though, i think im addicted to it, i have a can or two everyday! 

I have fat relatives and i tell them that they are fat. 

8 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

In India most people eat simply day to day and have blow outs at weddings celebrations , here every day is treated like a party day , If gurdwarey are making pakordey most days and giving out mithai /sweets this adds up . Fried foods are full of poisonous trans fats ... need to make langar simple and healthy , if people want to push out the boat they can give more exotic fresh fruits , more variety of salad than just cuke/tom/lettuce.

Wondering if the shift from ghee to vegetable oil has played a factor.

36 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Wondering if the shift from ghee to vegetable oil has played a factor.

Yes.  Definitely.

I actually came off cholesterol med by shifting to ghee, virgin olive oil and coconut oil. Use NO other oil for anything.

23 minutes ago, JUSTAJATT said:

Yes.  Definitely.

I actually came off cholesterol med by shifting to ghee, virgin olive oil and coconut oil. Use NO other oil for anything.

There is a big myth regarding cholesterol. 

Apparently the vast majority of people with heart attacks have low or normal cholesterol. 

Ghee is great for cooking (it has a high burning point), same goes for coconut oil.

Olive oil has lower burning point.

Problem is that a lot of our people have gone off ghee because they think because it is "animal fat". 

Some of our people have become pseudo vegan. This is producing horrendous results. 

On 7/2/2018 at 10:46 AM, JUSTAJATT said:

I wanna know if you had fat parent/grandparent, or relative,, and was purchasing their ticket for them,  .. Would you buy two?   … really be honest and have a think before you answer. Don't let ego answer for you.

So, you would be happy if someone is taking up half your seat because they are severely obese?